Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,574,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I think for the Heat to win the series they have to win 2 in Texas and end it in Game 6 in Miami. If there is a Game 7, I would pick the Spurs to win.
You would really pick against LeBron James in a game 7 at home? Sure anything is possible. But I'd have to let my bet on Miami if this series goes the distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,786,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
You would really pick against LeBron James in a game 7 at home? Sure anything is possible. But I'd have to let my bet on Miami if this series goes the distance.

I don't trust Eric Spoelstra in a Game 7 in a NBA Finals

Old 06-10-2013, 09:22 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,306,825 times
It's hard for me to comment on that game two because my wife and I left the sports bar just as Miami was starting their run and just as they had pulled up by about 10. I came home expecting to catch the final 4 minutes of the game and I was thinking it might go down to the wire. I turn on the tube and the Heat are up 30 so I don't have a sense for how it all collapsed for SA. Did they just go cold from the perimeter?

What I did see was that Miami did a much better job of taking control of the game at the end of the 3rd quarter, and they did it with defense and rebounding. The first 30 minutes (2 1/2 quarters) were almost identical to game one. The difference was how the Heat pulled ahead in the 3rd and absolutely closed it with authority in the 4th. It was all about loose balls, rebounds, and hitting the perimeter on offense.

The question is whether the Spurs are able to do what the 2011 Mavericks could. Can they force Miami to respect their inside game just enough to set up shots from the perimeter. When you look at the Spurs team they have some similarities to that Mavs roster. Duncan's their answer to Nowitz. Parker's their version of Barrea (except better). And the Spurs can light it up from the perimeter. They can also defend, the same way Tyson Chandler did.

Still, I think that if the Heat can hit their FGs, it's going to be tough for the Spurs. The key will probably be Miami's shooting from the perimeter. If Ray Allen can be Ray Allen, if Mario Chalmers can be Mario, and if Chris Bosh can be modestly good from outside, then it's going to pull off. Miami's better than they were in 2011. They're not a classic Eastern Conference team that just had a good night shooting; they're a good shooting team when they're on. That will open things up for LeBron eventually. I was also impressed with how LeBron and Miami didn't deviate from their game plan. That's a huge confidence builder. I think the Spurs need to make some defensive adjustments to account for the perimeter shooter, and they know that now.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:23 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,938,292 times
I'm gonna go ahead and call it and say the winner of game three wins the series.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and call it and say the winner of game three wins the series.

I agree because I don't see either one of these teams losing 2 in a row. So the team who wins tonight will also win Game 5 and 7

Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,014,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Not really going out on a limb there, the winner of game 3 when tied 1-1 win the series like 92% of the time.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,456,870 times
Miami will take the third game in San AntoniAAAA....

LeBron will have at least three one-handed dunks over Tim Duncan..which will promptly put Timmy on suicide watch...

Tony Parker will be easy-to-guard again...

Gary Neal will screw things up....

Manu will show up drunk, oh wait, that's just how he is....my bad!

Tiago Splitter will announce, during the game, that he's an inbred from West Virginia...

Kawhi will wonder why he's the only one playing good and get frustrated and yell at Popps....

Green will hit a few shots and think he's on fire and demand the ball more only to shoot air-balls and clankers....

Popp will then assault his whole team and then be arrested with/for assault-and-battery, in which he will not be able to coach the rest of the series regarding the restraining order put forth by the organization....

Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,047,356 times
^^you picked everything the exact opposite! Nice work....

Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM

I don't see Miami winning this series at all because of the simple fact the spurs have a BETTER BENCH.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,047,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I don't see Miami winning this series at all because of the simple fact the spurs have a BETTER BENCH.
Wow , we have a convert!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball