U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 PM
 
Location: The Big O
590 posts, read 663,638 times
Reputation: 435

Advertisements

As I watch almost all of the NBA playoff games, I notice that booing and complaining from the crowds is almost constant, interupted occasionally by cheers. I really enjoy sports, but the crowds really take the enjoyment out of the games for me. After I began typing this, the OK City crowd is now chanting "Ref you suck" after a good call. The masses at sporting events are just so unreasonable. Anyone else annoyed by this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 PM
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,193 posts, read 10,407,297 times
Reputation: 11208
Warriors fans don't do that kind of thing...we're too knowledgeable. We only boo our own players/owners when they have it coming
I did notice they booed in Denver every time something didn't go the team's way last night, but just thought they were trying extra hard to match the ROracle's intensity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 PM
 
Location: The Big O
590 posts, read 663,638 times
Reputation: 435
I watch a lot of NBA basketball and I can say that I didn't notice so much negativity and hostility from Warriors fans. : ) But at many arenas, it seems like fans spend most of their time feeling angry at games.

Tonight I also noticed that the NY Knicks fans gave a standing ovation to J.R. Smith after being suspended for his cheap shot on Jason Terry's face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2013, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Where the sun always shines
1,976 posts, read 2,580,092 times
Reputation: 3743
Booing gives the fans something to do. Pro sports charge a ridiculous amount for tickets so fans should have the right to boo. Personally it makes it more interesting than just a happy crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,540 posts, read 22,402,943 times
Reputation: 13845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Warriors fans don't do that kind of thing...we're too knowledgeable
Right. It's all that recent playoff experience the Warriors have had as of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I did notice they booed in Denver every time something didn't go the team's way last night, but just thought they were trying extra hard to match the ROracle's intensity.
The only time I noticed the Nuggets' fans booing was when Mark Jackson took so much time pinning Stephan Curry's diaper together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2013, 11:00 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
As I watch almost all of the NBA playoff games, I notice that booing and complaining from the crowds is almost constant, interupted occasionally by cheers. I really enjoy sports, but the crowds really take the enjoyment out of the games for me. After I began typing this, the OK City crowd is now chanting "Ref you suck" after a good call. The masses at sporting events are just so unreasonable. Anyone else annoyed by this?
'

No because it's called LIFE in the sports world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 PM
 
Location: The Big O
590 posts, read 663,638 times
Reputation: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Booing gives the fans something to do. Pro sports charge a ridiculous amount for tickets so fans should have the right to boo. Personally it makes it more interesting than just a happy crowd.
Yes, fans should have the right to boo. I just wish fans could be a little more reasonable and less angry when supporting their teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,267,937 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
Yes, fans should have the right to boo. I just wish fans could be a little more reasonable and less angry when supporting their teams.

They pay their money so they can express how they feel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top