Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The better player?
Carmelo Anthony 10 45.45%
Dwayne Wade 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 01:48 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Lyoko View Post
I have to say, I was disgusted with Wade last night.

Okay, I get the injury but when is this guy ever not injured anymore? Injury is a calling card for him but I suppose that's because of his style of play, which is incredibly physical and athletic (far more so than Carmelo).

I was disgusted with such a great and clutch free throw shooter missing several times last night. Hell man, some games this series the majority of his points have come from free throws, I mean that screams bench warmer more than starter to me. I mean come on, I've seen him miss a lay up this series when he was the ONLY person on that side of the court and now this. He's seen his worst career post season performances this season, including that game in Chicago and one in Indiana where he went for only 6 points.

Back in his prime, this was an easy question. Dwyane Wade, easily. I remember watching him being so clutch in 2006 and he hasn't been the same this year and even portions of last year. He has had these "on and off" old Wade nights but that's an inconsistent way of looking at it. At least with Carmelo you know you're getting a guy who is going to be consistent with his play for the most part.
If this was the old Dwayne Wade, the Heat would have already beaten the Indiana Pacers by now and this series would not be going to a game 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 11:30 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,969,171 times
He seemed to have relinquished his role as the leader a little too easily; he's become lazy ever since.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:52 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,964,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
If this was the old Dwayne Wade, the Heat would have already beaten the Indiana Pacers by now and this series would not be going to a game 7.
No such thing as a "old Dwyane Wade" anymore. The man is 31, he wont ever play like he did in 2006 when he was 24 and explosive.

He scored 21 points in game seven against the Pacers, while on paper that look good. He struggled with his shooting, missing too many open shots and went to the free throw line 7 times (he made 14 of his 21 points there). Congratulations Dwyane Wade, on being able to hit free throws and getting to the line.

He was once my third favorite player behind Kobe and Tracy McGrady but he disappoints me now, every season, every post season game. The last time I saw him explosively "good" was in the 2011 post season, ironically when LeBron was a bad closer.

They say you age badly in the NBA, Kobe and Tim Duncan have held off father time wisely for now, Dwyane Wade wont be able to escape father time.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,307,709 times
Melo is a great individual player in a team sport. i believe Melo would be the greatest player to ever have played 21.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Wade by far

Wade is much more versatile, and his teams are likely to win and have won championships at the highest level. A team is made better by having Wade on the team.

Anthony is simply a scorer and a numbers guy. He has questionable endurance and lives on an island when he's on the court. He doesn't make his team better, or benefit his teammates by his play. He benefits himself and the team wins as a result. This isn't enough to get them far though.

Wade, easy.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,007,002 times
Currently right now Melo is better. If only because he is clearly a better offensive player and healthier.

At the same time Wade is still a better defender than Melo even when Wade is hurt and if wade is 100% healthy I would take Wade over Melo just because of his all around game but if someone said to me as a GM start a team right now with Wade or Melo I take Melo because he is younger and healthier.

But who will finish with the better career? Right now that has to go to Wade unless Melo somehow finds a way to make the Knicks win championships in the next few years. Wade won one with Shaq in 2006 and was a Final MVP. He has much more playoff experience and that 2006 finals was one of the best player performances in finals history. Add that two three other Finals appearances with being the second star player on back-back championships it will be hard to beat him for Melo. Wade has also played his whole career on one team, has never cause controversy for his team and will likely finish his career with one team. Add to that, that there is potential for more championships for Wade and I think when both careers are done Wade will be seen the better player.

Now just imagine if the Pistons would have chosen Wade or Melo. They would have dominated Basketball for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball