U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The better player?
Carmelo Anthony 10 45.45%
Dwayne Wade 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2013, 03:04 AM

6,642 posts, read 8,344,483 times

Advertisements

It begs asking since both were drafted in the same class and have been such influential players over the years.

Who at the present moment is a better player? Which one will leave a more storied legacy?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 06:09 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,208,317 times
wade has a much better all around game. melo is just a scorer. wades got a couple rings, melo has hurt teams with his selfish play and questionable shot selections.

wade in a land slide

Old 05-14-2013, 07:01 AM

52,081 posts, read 41,881,580 times
Melo is currently better as Wade is a little faded due to injury.
Wade has the better legacy.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,884,885 times
Melo really doesn't have a legacy to speak of. Wade is a multi-time NBA champion, finals MVP, and generally acknowledged as a top 5 all-time great shooting guard. Presently, Melo is playing at a higher level by default due to Wade's ever-present injury issues.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:54 PM

460 posts, read 1,514,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
wade has a much better all around game. melo is just a scorer. wades got a couple rings, melo has hurt teams with his selfish play and questionable shot selections.

wade in a land slide
+1. Melo reminds me of Allen Iverson. "Kinda" great scorer but shot selection is not that great a lot of the times. He could play the system more and find a higher shot percentage but he takes so many low percentage shots that makes him look selfish. Of course if he's shooting 55%, he can take any shot he wants, but at 45%, I am positive he/they can find higher percentage shots.

Wade is better overall. I've notice Wade biggest problem is that he always assumes he is fouled and throws up a ridiculous shot in which he misses. This causes his shooting percentage to go down. Even I know Bball 101 is to play like the refs aren't gonna give you the calls. If you get it, consider it icing on the cake.

With all that said, having a Finals MVP is the single most honorable trophy in the NBA. Not only did you get a ring, but you are the MAIN reason your team has a ring. Wade is top 15 all time. Melo not even close, yet.. I enjoy Melo's personality (he's a really good guy at heart) so I hope he improves his game. But as of now, he ain't no where near top 50 all time.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:38 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,248,029 times
I think Wade is somewhat washed up (though he can look like the old Wade any given night), but I would still take him over Carmelo. He scores less but he does it more efficiently and doesn't isolate on every play bogging the offense down, he's a much better distributor, and most importantly, on defense it's not even close.

Carmelo is a more talented scorer, healthier, and a better rebounder. But relative to his position, Wade is probably a better rebounder.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:23 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,008,501 times
Of course, Wade.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:50 PM

3,084 posts, read 4,215,508 times
Wade all day long. I like Melo and all, but he is too one dimensional. Wade has the more athletic body when healthy too. Wade is a more prolific scorer and if talking about defense, it isn't even a contest. Melo plays defense when he feels like it. Wade is just injured right now like many have said, but I think Wade has the better offensive game all around. I think about Wade back in the Olympics and how he Ginobli'd better than Ginobli himself. He has a ton of talent. It's just different than the protocol Jordan/ Kobe type. But he's slightly below them. However, he has hops where as Anthony doesn't. That's what separates Melo with those other types. He can't jump. He doesn't have hops. Mj, Kobe, Lebron, Wade have hops. Anthony, no hops! Plus, his all around game is crap/ like everybody else have said. Easily, I'll take Wade.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:20 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,483,907 times
Dwayne Wade isn't the player he used to be. His skills are declining. Luckily he has Lebron James on his team, so that takes a lot of the pressure off from him. Carmelo Anthony is by far the better player right now.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 AM

6,642 posts, read 8,344,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Dwayne Wade isn't the player he used to be. His skills are declining. Luckily he has Lebron James on his team, so that takes a lot of the pressure off from him. Carmelo Anthony is by far the better player right now.
I have to say, I was disgusted with Wade last night.

Okay, I get the injury but when is this guy ever not injured anymore? Injury is a calling card for him but I suppose that's because of his style of play, which is incredibly physical and athletic (far more so than Carmelo).

I was disgusted with such a great and clutch free throw shooter missing several times last night. Hell man, some games this series the majority of his points have come from free throws, I mean that screams bench warmer more than starter to me. I mean come on, I've seen him miss a lay up this series when he was the ONLY person on that side of the court and now this. He's seen his worst career post season performances this season, including that game in Chicago and one in Indiana where he went for only 6 points.

Back in his prime, this was an easy question. Dwyane Wade, easily. I remember watching him being so clutch in 2006 and he hasn't been the same this year and even portions of last year. He has had these "on and off" old Wade nights but that's an inconsistent way of looking at it. At least with Carmelo you know you're getting a guy who is going to be consistent with his play for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or