Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: 2013 NBA Champ
Miami Heat 19 26.39%
San Antonio Spurs 53 73.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
So glad the Spurs lost and that's enough talk about Pop and that team. Two collapses two years in a row and that should be the last we see of those guys

I will sleep good tonight, GO HEAT!!!
Spurs fans now have a taste of what it's like to be a Philly sports fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
So glad the Spurs lost and that's enough talk about Pop and that team. Two collapses two years in a row and that should be the last we see of those guys

I will sleep good tonight, GO HEAT!!!
Meanwhile, how many teams have been successful enough to have a NBA Finals game to collapse in? Hmm....

Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Meh, I think the Spurs' place in history is secure. Will they be regarded as good as the Phil Jackson-coached Lakers and Bulls? Maybe or maybe not, but who cares?

The Heat got their second title, but from the looks of things, I don't think it's a team built to last much beyond this season. All of the fanfare over the big three will probably be the thing that fades over time, even more so than the Spurs four titles.

They won 3 titles in 8 years so they were a good franchise at one time but in the last 8 years they have only 2 Finals appearance and 1 title.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLS_TC View Post
Why was that foul called on charmers at the end of the game? Looked like all ball to me. Why was ginoboli or how ever it's spelled not fouled on a similar play at the end of game 6 that would have sealed game 6 for the spurs. Anyway thats it for labron. He will never win another one.
You mad bro?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Meanwhile, how many teams have been successful enough to have a NBA Finals game to collapse in? Hmm....

I am going back to their collapse in the 2012 WCF that stopped them from going to the Finals. But they had a good run but like most good teams their time is over due to age and up and coming younger teams

Old 06-20-2013, 10:26 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Spurs are going to be forgotten. We're nothing but a footnote in basketball history now. These past fourteen years mean nothing. We're just a stepping stone for LeBron
Duncan has 4, the Spurs are not a footnote. When you have the best player in the game that's how it goes. Be happy your team has won 4. Some fans and teams have no hope, every year. Before the season even starts, it the Heat in the east, the rest just play for money and the heck of it.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:27 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
Quote:
I am going back to their collapse in the 2012 WCF that stopped them from going to the Finals. But they had a good run but like most good teams their time is over due to age and up and coming younger teams
DUDE! They went to the conference finals and then the NBA Finals, do you know how long it's been since my team has been there? Here's the answer: The last team to win a Game 7 in the Finals on the Road, 35 years ago. It is rare for a team to make it this far year in and year out. There are too many teams that don't make to this point. To talk about them collapsing, is absurd. What is your team doing?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Spurs fans now have a taste of what it's like to be a Philly sports fan.
Yeah right, we have to get there to collapse, I wish the Sixers would fold up so I could root for a different team.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:31 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
DUDE! They went to the conference finals and then the NBA Finals, do you know how long it's been since my team has been there? Here's the answer: The last team to win a Game 7 in the Finals on the Road, 35 years ago. It is rare for a team to make it this far year in and year out. There are too many teams that don't make to this point. To talk about them collapsing, is absurd. What is your team doing?

But they did collapse didn't they? They had Game 6 won when they led by 5 with 27 secs remaining. So that's why this series lost will be seen as a collapse by many spurs fans

Old 06-20-2013, 10:32 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,923,039 times
I'm a Spurs fan. I think L James takes a lot of unnecessary media crap. As Tim Duncan told him last year, soon the NBA will be his. I think this is just the beginning of a great career for him. I have doubts about him staying in Miami though. He doesn't appear to be settled or comfy there. Time will tell. It was a great series and my guys will be back. Duncan is 37 years old and is about done and the Spurs really don't have anybody in the bullpen to take his place. But he'll be good for maybe another 2 years. It was a good series especially game 6. Both teams played pretty good overall. Unfortunately, the best team won tonight and it wasn't the Spurs. The Heat deserve the win. Next year- maybe........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball