Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:05 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

spurs brought in messina too.
a foreign coach and a female coach. pop is setting himself up to leave at the end of his next contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 11:55 AM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
^^^

Looks like Ettore Messina comes with a good resume including a short stint as a consultant with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Ettore Messina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-06-2014, 01:34 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
spurs brought in messina too.
a foreign coach and a female coach. pop is setting himself up to leave at the end of his next contract.
If pop thinks she's the real deal....that's all I need to know.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:21 PM

50 posts, read 54,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's generally my sentiment, but in all honesty this is probably a combination of both an astute management and a calculated PR strategy. Don't get me wrong - from what I read about her she seems highly qualified, which is all that matters to me. But our society (U.S.) seems to be trending towards egalitarianism, with women and other social groups moving into roles they were usually dissuaded from taking before. I'm sure Spurs management know the direction the wind is blowing, and this move is partly about getting ahead of the curve.

That said, I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever. And as long as they're capable I would have no problem with women playing in the NBA. So predict within the next decade or so, the NBA will have at least one woman player. We'll see, and again, assuming she can play, I'd love to see it.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:29 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
^^^

Looks like Ettore Messina comes with a good resume including a short stint as a consultant with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Ettore Messina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
he was manus coach in 2001 when they won a euro league championship and manu got his euro mvp, as well as manus itialian league championship/mvps. (someone PLEASE tell me how there is even a HINT of a doubt that manu is a 1st ballot HOF player! and messina is a HOF coach as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
agreed, pop and RC have a keen eye/nose for talent in all facets of the game.

i had always hoped coach bud would take over, but hes pretty set in the atl. messina would be a nice replacement.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
he was manus coach in 2001 when they won a euro league championship and manu got his euro mvp, as well as manus itialian league championship/mvps. (someone PLEASE tell me how there is even a HINT of a doubt that manu is a 1st ballot HOF player! and messina is a HOF coach as well)

agreed, pop and RC have a keen eye/nose for talent in all facets of the game.

i had always hoped coach bud would take over, but hes pretty set in the atl. messina would be a nice replacement.
The only people doubting Manu and Messina's HOF enshrinement are morons that don't understand that its the BASKETBALL HOF and not the NBA HOF.

But typically, that only comes from casual fans that show up for 3 months or so around the playoffs and then leave...especially when their team grinds down to one of the worst 5 in the NBA.

Come back to us Capt. Casual...we miss making fun of you.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMalestrom View Post
That's generally my sentiment, but in all honesty this is probably a combination of both an astute management and a calculated PR strategy. Don't get me wrong - from what I read about her she seems highly qualified, which is all that matters to me. But our society (U.S.) seems to be trending towards egalitarianism, with women and other social groups moving into roles they were usually dissuaded from taking before. I'm sure Spurs management know the direction the wind is blowing, and this move is partly about getting ahead of the curve.

That said, I have absolutely no problem with this whatsoever. And as long as they're capable I would have no problem with women playing in the NBA. So predict within the next decade or so, the NBA will have at least one woman player. We'll see, and again, assuming she can play, I'd love to see it.
1) There will NOT be a woman player in the NBA. That would be a trainwreck and also detracts from the WNBA. Just like there was never a woman on the mens tennis tour....nobody wants to see the top woman player getting killed 6-1, 6-0 in regional tourneys by 90th ranked men.

2) The Spurs aren't a charity, they are one of the top few franchises in the NBA and aren't going to jeapordize that to be "PC" and hire a coach just because they have a vajayjay.

Let's not confuse physical ability with coaching ability that just a bad logic scenario.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:41 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
Hahahaha, Coach Pop is untouchable. He pretty much does whatever the hell he feels like doing. Hey, they just spent a week playing in Turkey and Germany, give 'em a break.

VIDEO: Suns owner Robert Sarver apologizes to fans for Spurs resting - CBSSports.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6kJIjQavCE

Old 10-17-2014, 03:53 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Hahahaha, Coach Pop is untouchable. He pretty much does whatever the hell he feels like doing. Hey, they just spent a week playing in Turkey and Germany, give 'em a break.

VIDEO: Suns owner Robert Sarver apologizes to fans for Spurs resting - CBSSports.com

It's the freaking PRESEASON.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:32 PM

Quote:

LOL...THe Suns owner should apologize to the fans for his own team first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball