Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 03:53 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,318,351 times

Advertisements

Trading Bosh might be good for Miami but I heard he has 3 years left at 61 Million total on his contract (someone correct me if I heard wrong on this) so finding a taker who wants to give up something very good in return might not be easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 PM

209 posts, read 160,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I know the game just happened last night but one of the things I kept hearing constantly last night, is that it's time to get rid of Bosh. I think people have unrealistic expectations of him. People were expecting him to bang more, be more aggressive inside, but he has never been that. He is simply a finesse player, who is at best a complimentary star. The problem with Bosh is in order for you to maximize his talents, you need a big that compliment him more. Someone that will bang, rebound, score inside but doesn't have to be the main star. Unfortunately players like that are few and far between, so people expect Bosh to things that he may not be capable of doing. With that said, he is going to make $19 million and he scored 0 points in the biggest game of his career and one of the biggest games of your franchise's history, is he worth keeping or do you look for some complimentary pieces that fit better with this team?
After Krause blew up the Bulls 97-98 Championship team, Riley said the Bulls made a mistake in breaking it up. He said at the time "I would milk it for every last drop until the team lost defending their championship" paraphrasing a bit here, but the main point is Riley would milk it until the team lost and then break it up if no longer a contender for the championship. Just based on Riley's comments about the 97-98 Bulls team, I think he keeps the Big 3, if you still wanna call it that with Bosh , and make another run until they can no longer contend for the championship. But, who knows what's gonna happen with the luxury tax these days.

There's the rumor of Bosh's house is for sale and after game 6 Bosh berating fair weather fans leaving early in game 6, telling the media these fair weather fans should just stay home. I don't blame Bosh for saying those things, but as a player, I don't think it was appropriate.Those comments aren't the kind of comments players should be making, it just creates more controversy for the player.
“For all those guys who left, don’t come back for Game 7,” Bosh told reporters.
“You never give up,” he said. “People gave up on us, and they can stay where they are and watch the game at home.”

Who knows what Bosh heard through the grapevine about trade rumors, making him reactionary towards the fans as well.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default No

He plays his role well. He's not the star. He makes contributions when necessary, with the result being two titles. He's a good complementary inside presence to LeBron. He's not a ball hog, not a numbers guy. He seems to be far more versatile than dumb Howard, although not as athletic. He's a decent passer. That no-look pass to Allen in game 6 was classic. He's a decent outside shooter from mid-range, and can shoot the three-pointer. Dwight Howard would be a significant downgrade if the Heat were to acquire him for Bosh.

Bosh stays.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:54 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
He plays his role well. He's not the star. He makes contributions when necessary, with the result being two titles. He's a good complementary inside presence to LeBron. He's not a ball hog, not a numbers guy. He seems to be far more versatile than dumb Howard, although not as athletic. He's a decent passer. That no-look pass to Allen in game 6 was classic. He's a decent outside shooter from mid-range, and can shoot the three-pointer. Dwight Howard would be a significant downgrade if the Heat were to acquire him for Bosh.

Bosh stays.
I don't know, it would be interesting to see what Miami looks like with a post presence.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:11 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,796 times
Howard would be a huge upgrade over Bosh, and I don't even really care for Howard.

Howard is the best garbage man in the league.

Bosh is a finesse, undersized power forward forced to play center and asked to primarily play defense and rebound, neither of which he's very good at. Howard is one of the best rebounders and shot blockers in the league and finishes around the rim much better than Bosh. Howard doesn't really have any post game, he could score 20 a game on 60%+ shooting just off of putbacks and being spoonfed by Lebron and Wade.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:10 PM

551 posts, read 1,122,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I know the game just happened last night but one of the things I kept hearing constantly last night, is that it's time to get rid of Bosh. I think people have unrealistic expectations of him. People were expecting him to bang more, be more aggressive inside, but he has never been that. He is simply a finesse player, who is at best a complimentary star. The problem with Bosh is in order for you to maximize his talents, you need a big that compliment him more. Someone that will bang, rebound, score inside but doesn't have to be the main star. Unfortunately players like that are few and far between, so people expect Bosh to things that he may not be capable of doing. With that said, he is going to make $19 million and he scored 0 points in the biggest game of his career and one of the biggest games of your franchise's history, is he worth keeping or do you look for some complimentary pieces that fit better with this team?
I think he would be an ok fit for Houston, trade Thomas Robinson/etc.. for Mike Miller/Bosh if they are willing to. Its probably a waste of cash/young talent for Houston but I like it if they dont land any big names in free agency.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ideal play would be trading bosh for howard to the lakers. howard fits the needs of miami, he would likely be more happy there then in la. bosh fits dantonis style much better then howard also.
SMH, you couldn't be more unreal.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:26 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
I think he would be an ok fit for Houston, trade Thomas Robinson/etc.. for Mike Miller/Bosh if they are willing to. Its probably a waste of cash/young talent for Houston but I like it if they dont land any big names in free agency.
No way the Heat would do that. Maybe Parsons/Asik for Miller/Bosh.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
No way the Heat would do that. Maybe Parsons/Asik for Miller/Bosh.
Thomas Robinson is beast. He makes up for what they lack. And Parsons isn't going anywhere.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:19 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country! View Post
After Krause blew up the Bulls 97-98 Championship team, Riley said the Bulls made a mistake in breaking it up. He said at the time "I would milk it for every last drop until the team lost defending their championship" paraphrasing a bit here, but the main point is Riley would milk it until the team lost and then break it up if no longer a contender for the championship. Just based on Riley's comments about the 97-98 Bulls team, I think he keeps the Big 3, if you still wanna call it that with Bosh , and make another run until they can no longer contend for the championship. But, who knows what's gonna happen with the luxury tax these days.
I think Riley's on the right track; many GMs in sports are too smart for their own good and try to fix what's not broken. The Heat may not mesh together perfectly, but they're a good enough sum of their collective parts to make it work. Same goes for Spolestra, who's probably not even a top five coach in the league. Until free agency and team options come up with these guys' contracts, it's not worth the risk to trade off a major part as long as they're still holding up trophies at the end of the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball