U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 02:40 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,416,173 times

Advertisements

Mightas well keep them all contained to one thread.

Cleveland has reportedly offered two draft picks to Boston for Paul Pierce, who would be due $15m if the Celtics don't act on a $5m buyout.
Report: Cavaliers offer Celtics two second round picks for Pierce | ProBasketballTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 03:24 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,883,509 times
looks like rivers is gonna be coach of clippers after all....possibly $7mil per season

Y! SPORTS

The Los Angeles Clippers are nearing an agreement to send a future first-round draft pick to the Boston Celtics for the rights to hire coach Doc Rivers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports

Old 06-26-2013, 08:15 AM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Mightas well keep them all contained to one thread.

Cleveland has reportedly offered two draft picks to Boston for Paul Pierce, who would be due $15m if the Celtics don't act on a $5m buyout.
Report: Cavaliers offer Celtics two second round picks for Pierce | ProBasketballTalk
That rumor is probably legit given it's a pretty awful move by Cleveland.

Anyone know when the various deadlines are? When can Howard re-sign with the Lakers and if the date has passed, if he hasn't does it mean anythign?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
he cant sign with anyone before july 1, and he doesnt have to sign with anyone. he could sit until the last game of the regular season and sign with a contender if he wanted to.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
he cant sign with anyone before july 1, and he doesnt have to sign with anyone. he could sit until the last game of the regular season and sign with a contender if he wanted to.
Isnt there some sort of hold-out date so that he can't wait that long? like a trade deadline would permit that?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That rumor is probably legit given it's a pretty awful move by Cleveland.

Anyone know when the various deadlines are? When can Howard re-sign with the Lakers and if the date has passed, if he hasn't does it mean anythign?

July 1st is when teams can contact Howard or make their sales pitch or presentations on signing with them...the actual official date when he actually signs the contract is July 8th or 10th( a week after). He has the Summer to decide, but he won't take that long to make a decision. The drama and circus is something i'm sure he will avoid...my guess is that by July 4th, he will have decided by then. There is a rumor that that the Rockets might bring Chandler Parsons and James Harden to the meeting where GM Morey of the Rockets will make the presentation to Howard about joining the Rockets.

Btw, now we know why McHale wasn't allowed to interview with Celtics ..

Last edited by JL; 06-26-2013 at 11:05 PM..

Old 06-27-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Isnt there some sort of hold-out date so that he can't wait that long? like a trade deadline would permit that?
The lakers have to hold his $ in a cap hold until July 31 I believe. In other words his current contract plus 15% I think counts against their cap until he signs somewhere else or with them for what ever amount.

He doesn't have to sign with anyone, he can sit on his couch and because he hasn't played for any team he could sign on the last regular season game and still be eligible for the playoffs. It all up to him and how much money he wants.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
The lakers have to hold his $ in a cap hold until July 31 I believe. In other words his current contract plus 15% I think counts against their cap until he signs somewhere else or with them for what ever amount.

He doesn't have to sign with anyone, he can sit on his couch and because he hasn't played for any team he could sign on the last regular season game and still be eligible for the playoffs. It all up to him and how much money he wants.
Ok, thanks it was the "hadn't played" part I was missing.

Agreed on the money thing. Does he want to be on a successful team for a little less money will be the big question. If he takes the $$$ and chooses a Lakers rebuild then he better shut his pie hole about losing because they are going to have a tough start to the season.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 AM

i have always rooted for the rockets after the spurs as my 2nd team. that said, so many fairweather rockets fans (houston sports fans in general) over the lsat few years have soured me to the rockets and i find myself rooting for them to be mediocre, not bad, just on the brink of the playoffs. 8/9 seed. that said, there are few teams i hate more then dallas, again the fans are just unbearable more often then not. so i am not sure which way to go with this info, do i LOL at the rockets fans if this happens or do i scream CRAP! if it happens?

Quote:
Chris Broussard
Sources: Dwight Howard won't stay
"Howard's major problem with the Lakers is the system Coach Mike D'Antoni employs. Beyond that, he did not enjoy playing with Kobe Bryant, though he could manage to do so in a different system, a source said. Howard also does not want to be second fiddle to Bryant for several more seasons. While many believe Houston is the Lakers' stiffest competition, sources say Howard finds Dallas just as appealing, if not more. Assuming the Mavericks are able to clear enough cap space to offer him a maximum-salaried contract, Howard is strongly considering joining Dallas. The Mavericks are trying to shed Shawn Marion's $9 million expiring contract to create the room to sign Howard, according to sources. Howard likes the idea of being the top superstar of a franchise and with Dirk Nowitzki aging, Dallas would be viewed as Howard's team. Howard also believes the Mavericks can build a championship roster around him with the ample cap space they will have in the summer of 2014."

Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 AM

2,748 posts, read 2,697,239 times
Los Angeles Lakers not likely to re-sign Dwight Howard, sources say - ESPN Los Angeles

here is the link to the article the last poster was quoting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball