Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 04:20 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times

Advertisements

I only see this team winning 48 games at the most. I agree with Jonathanp219. If this was a few years ago, this team would be dangerous. Most of these guys are washed up. I just don't see what they are thinking. This is a disaster waiting to happen. They will be very disappointed with a first round exit once again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 05:38 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times
45 wins for BK

Old 07-07-2013, 08:34 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
46-50 wins. Unless they geta some major help on their bench. My early predictions for the East.
1. Heat (would not be surprised to see Bulls here, they try hard every game unlike the Heat.)
2. Bulls (or Heat see above)
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Knicks
6. Hawks (they usually find a way to do mediocre.)
7. Cavaliers ( think they made some good moves this offseason. Can Irving stay healthy?)
8. Wizards ( up and coming team here)

Maybe at 7 or 8 Bucks.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:15 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
46-50 wins. Unless they geta some major help on their bench. My early predictions for the East.
1. Heat (would not be surprised to see Bulls here, they try hard every game unlike the Heat.)
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Knicks
7. Cavaliers ( think they made some good moves this offseason. Can Irving stay healthy?)

Maybe at 7 or 8 Bucks.
I agree with your top 6. I would probably put Milwaukee and Detroit at 7 and 8 though.

If Cavs get Bynum and he's healthy and motivated they could be pretty decent though.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times
^ The Pistons went 29-53 last year, with the addition of Josh Smith I think the team will stay stagnant.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:46 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Knicks

Maybe at 7 or 8 Bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
I agree with your top 6. I would probably put Milwaukee and Detroit at 7 and 8 though.

If Cavs get Bynum and he's healthy and motivated they could be pretty decent though.
Cavs have made some nice moves, but who is going to play defense on their team? I mean Mike Brown is great defensive coach, but a majority of their team is bad on defense.

Irving? Not good.
Bennett? Wasn't good in college.
Thompson? Good but undersized.

I just see them giving up a lot of points this year as well as scoring a lot. I don't know, unless they can get Bynum, they are a fringe 8th seed team, in my opinion.

The Bucks have lost Dunleavy, Redick and more than likely Ellis, and replaced them with Mayo and Delfino? They struggled last year after a decent start, I don't see them make the playoffs this year. They need another scorer off the bench.

Wizards just need to stay healthy. If they do, they can get as high as the 4th seed. They were the 5th best defense in the league last year. Their offense dramatically improved with Wall healthy now you add Maynor who is a much better playmaker than AJ Price, they should score more this year.

Hawks have no bench at this moment and they screwed up by getting Millsap instead of a C. If they can get Bynum it might change things, but they are an 7th seed at best.

Even with all that said, I think Brooklyn will be better than those teams but not by much.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
^ The Pistons went 29-53 last year, with the addition of Josh Smith I think the team will stay stagnant.
And only 10 more wins would have made them the 8th seed last year.

I'm not much of a fan of Josh Smith but he will help them some. Josh Smith, Greg Monroe, Brandon Knight, Andre Drummond, Rodney Stuckey, and Kyle Singler is not too bad of a core for the East. They're a young team but they have some talent, I could see them winning ~40 games. They need to fill a hole at SG though.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Repeating everyone else, that's a 60+ win team 4 years ago. Now, I'll give them 52 wins max and I'm being generous.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:30 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times

Old 07-08-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Cavs have made some nice moves, but who is going to play defense on their team? I mean Mike Brown is great defensive coach, but a majority of their team is bad on defense.

Irving? Not good.
Bennett? Wasn't good in college.
Thompson? Good but undersized.

I just see them giving up a lot of points this year as well as scoring a lot. I don't know, unless they can get Bynum, they are a fringe 8th seed team, in my opinion.

The Bucks have lost Dunleavy, Redick and more than likely Ellis, and replaced them with Mayo and Delfino? They struggled last year after a decent start, I don't see them make the playoffs this year. They need another scorer off the bench.

Wizards just need to stay healthy. If they do, they can get as high as the 4th seed. They were the 5th best defense in the league last year. Their offense dramatically improved with Wall healthy now you add Maynor who is a much better playmaker than AJ Price, they should score more this year.

Hawks have no bench at this moment and they screwed up by getting Millsap instead of a C. If they can get Bynum it might change things, but they are an 7th seed at best.

Even with all that said, I think Brooklyn will be better than those teams but not by much.
OJ Mayo is an improvement over Ellis. Ellis is one of the most overrated players in the league, he's an undersized, inefficient chucking tweener that can't guard anybody. Pretty much my least favorite kind of player. If he comes off the bench for scoring punch, and you can keep him under control, great. But as a starter? No thanks.

I don't think losing Dunleavy hurts them too much.

Bucks should have a pretty decent (for the east) starting 5:

Jennings
Mayo
Ilyasova
Mbah a Moute
Larry Sanders

They signed Pachulia and Delfino who are both solid.

Pretty balanced, and better defensively. I think they improved a little over last year.

I think the Hawks would be wise to get a C and let Horford play his more natural position of PF. But still, I think Horford/Milsap is a small improvement over Horford/Josh Smith, just because Milsap does more of the things you want a PF doing (aka not roaming the perimeter bricking jump shots). The Hawks definitely don't have a great squad but I think there's a sizable drop off after the top 5. If they get Bynum that changes things a little. Bynum (if he can stay away from the bowling alley) and Horford would be one of the top big men duos in the league. They still wouldn't have a whole lot on the perimeter though.

Wizards are 8th in defense after adjusting for pace. Hmm...still pretty good, and they do have some solid defensive players. To be honest I have watched them very little the last few years though. I'm not really sold on John Wall but after looking at their roster they could definitely sneak into the playoffs.

Cavs suck, but Bynum would greatly improve their interior defense, and Irving and Bynum would be a really solid PG/C duo. Both are injury prone though. Without Bynum, they're at the bottom of the heap again and we're probably watching Dan Gilbert's kid luck into another top pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball