Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 05:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

Shame that there is so much attention being paid to this overrated clown. He disappointed in Orlando, then bolted to the Lakers. In LA, he never did like Kobe but played with him anyway. His heart wasn't in it and Kobe annoyed the hell out of him. I'm sure the Lakers knew that he was going to bolt. Bolt he did. Now, he'll go to Houston where he will disappoint.

The man has a very limited game. The Rockets may think this makes them the favorite to at least take the West, but Howard will be more a liability than not. I'm glad he didn't stay with the Lakers or curse us with his presence in Golden State.

I think Dwight got a big laugh out of Kobe when LA had their meeting with him. Kobe comes forward to tell Dwight that he could teach him how to be a champion. He said that he learned from the best, and can show Howard what it takes. Howard already didn't like Kobe, but I think this was the nail in the coffin regarding LA's chances to keep Dwight. In fact, at that meeting, I think Dwight had already made up his mind. He had to go to Aspen to celebrate and laugh it off after hearing Kobe.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 07-05-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 05:39 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
As a Laker hater, I wanted him to stay in LA so he can stuck it up for them.

Reports also say Rockets got Josh Smith.

I can't explain it but I don't like the trio of Harden, Howard, and Smith.

Plenty of talent but three guys who have never won. There is no true leader out of those three. Howard and Smith are lifelong friends. Harden will be the leader?

Rockets GM deserve alot of credit though.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:41 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,796 times
So, assuming this story is true, this is a straight up signing, not a sign and trade or anything right?

If so...that's a pretty nice core.

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Motiejunas
Howard/Asik

Old 07-05-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
As a Laker hater, I wanted him to stay in LA so he can stuck it up for them.

Reports also say Rockets got Josh Smith.
Hmmm...I googled and I've only seen that they're going after him.

I don't like that for the Rockets. Not much of a fan of him. Textbook tweener with a questionable head, and no outside shot.

Ideally I think they would want to pair someone like 2000s Rasheed Wallace next to Dwight. A big PF who can play inside and rebound, but also stretch the floor for Howard.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:59 PM

I wonder if Kobe will ask for a trade now. He probably wants another chance to win a ring and it's probably pretty unlikely that it's going to happen in LA. Hmm...

Kobe to the Bulls for Deng and 1st rounders?

Old 07-05-2013, 06:06 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Kobe will most definitely demand to leave LA. Why wouldn't he? They have done an awful job in the last three years and they are so over the cap...they can't make a move even if they wanted. They wanted Howard to stay because that was the only way they could get a good player this year.

The only team that has a chance with Kobe are the Mavs IMO. They have alot of space and most importantly, Dirk and Kobe get along. Dirk wouldn't have an issue allowing Kobe handle the team. Cuban wants Dirk to go out as a Mav as a winner, that's the best option for that.

About Smith, reports say Lin/Osik traded to Hawks for Smith. I think Smith is a very overrated player. Much like Howard, lacks what it takes to be a leader.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:16 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Shame that there is so much attention being paid to this overrated clown. He disappointed in Orlando, then bolted to the Lakers. In LA, he never did like Kobe but played with him anyway. His heart wasn't in it and Kobe annoyed the hell out of him. I'm sure the Lakers knew that he was going to bolt. Bolt he did. Now, he'll go to Houston where he will disappoint.

The man has a very limited game. The Rockets may think this makes them the favorite to at least take the West, but Howard will be more a liability than not. I'm glad he didn't stay with the Lakers or curse us with his presence in Golden State.

I think Dwight got a big laugh out of Kobe when LA had their meeting with him. Kobe comes forward to tell Dwight that he could teach him how to be a champion. He said that he learned from the best, and can show Howard what it takes. Howard already didn't like Kobe, but I think this was the nail in the coffin regarding LA's chances to keep Dwight. In fact, at that meeting, I think Dwight had already made up his mind. He had to go to Aspen to celebrate and laugh it off after hearing Kobe.
I'd laugh at Kobe too considering he had to constantly be told to share the ball and involve his teamates during his career and after he figured it out for a while.....he reverted back to doing the same stuff as before until the current coach got him to pull his head out again which barely saved this seasons playoff berth.

Dwight was a convenient excuse for all that was wrong with the Lakers last season....just like gasol and Bynum was to blame the year before when Kobe bricked the Lakers out of the playoffs in a string of 4th quarter chuck-choke-a-ramas vs. OKC.

Wierd, all success is due to Kobe....all failure....someone else.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:19 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
I wonder if Kobe will ask for a trade now. He probably wants another chance to win a ring and it's probably pretty unlikely that it's going to happen in LA. Hmm...

Kobe to the Bulls for Deng and 1st rounders?
A pox on your house for suggesting that.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Kobe will most definitely demand to leave LA. Why wouldn't he? They have done an awful job in the last three years and they are so over the cap...they can't make a move even if they wanted. They wanted Howard to stay because that was the only way they could get a good player this year.

The only team that has a chance with Kobe are the Mavs IMO. They have alot of space and most importantly, Dirk and Kobe get along. Dirk wouldn't have an issue allowing Kobe handle the team. Cuban wants Dirk to go out as a Mav as a winner, that's the best option for that.

About Smith, reports say Lin/Osik traded to Hawks for Smith. I think Smith is a very overrated player. Much like Howard, lacks what it takes to be a leader.
I highly doubt he would ever leave the Lakers at this point in his career. That ship has long sailed. I just can't see Kobe upsetting the Lakers fanbase like that after all he did for the franchise.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post

Ouch.
At least Lakers nation will have company with the 76ers ship already at the bottom the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball