Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,786,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It's not Brett Brown's fault though. The team is just horrible. It would be dumb to fire him after just one season of a team rebuilding.

They have been winning in some of these loses and still can't win. So that's why I am wondering what he is doing on the sidelines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 02:15 AM

266 posts, read 408,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabottom View Post
They have been winning in some of these loses and still can't win. So that's why I am wondering what he is doing on the sidelines?
You can't blame the coach on this one. Their current roster might be the worst roster ever assembled. If they had this roster at the beginning of the year they'd probably finished 7-75, making them the worst team in NBA history. They only have 3 guys who would receive any amount of playing time on almost any other teams in the league (Young, MCW and Wroten). I would say with 15 wins they've already surpassed most peoples expectations.

I do agree with you though that MCW might be a little over-rated. Unless he vastly improves his shot I don't see him becoming an all star caliber player. I do think he has the work ethic and mindset to do that though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's an all star one day.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:31 AM

18 posts, read 85,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
You can't blame the coach on this one. Their current roster might be the worst roster ever assembled. If they had this roster at the beginning of the year they'd probably finished 7-75, making them the worst team in NBA history. They only have 3 guys who would receive any amount of playing time on almost any other teams in the league (Young, MCW and Wroten). I would say with 15 wins they've already surpassed most peoples expectations.

I do agree with you though that MCW might be a little over-rated. Unless he vastly improves his shot I don't see him becoming an all star caliber player. I do think he has the work ethic and mindset to do that though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's an all star one day.
MCW is too goofy to play PG in this league

Old 03-14-2014, 11:44 AM

8,631 posts, read 12,919,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecurbinpa View Post
MCW is too goofy to play PG in this league
Lets not forget that he is only a rookie. Give the guy a chance before you throw him "under the bus".

Old 03-14-2014, 05:00 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,028,528 times
Has it been decided who the best player coming out in the draft is - in case they get lucky?

Old 03-14-2014, 07:20 PM
FBJ

Well they playing the pacers tough so far and only down 7 at the half. But the sixers seem to fall apart in the 4th quarter

Old 03-14-2014, 08:36 PM
FBJ

Sixers had a perfect opportunity to upset the pacers and messed it up by not taking advantage of 4 steals

Michael Carter Williams is too goofy to be a point guard in the NBA. That fool can't stop turning over the ball and has no jumpshot

Old 03-18-2014, 04:01 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,919,945 times
Insiders say Andrew Wiggins is the Sixers' top target for draft.

Kansas' Andrew Wiggins is the Sixers' top target, report says

Old 03-19-2014, 01:36 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,028,528 times
Does everyone remember when the Sixers started 3-0?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:07 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,357,634 times
Yikes! Looking at their schedule, I don't see a winnable game for them until the 29th when they play the Pistons, and if they lose that game, they very well could finish winless the rest of the season (though they do get the Celtics twice in the final 4 weeks). And have they really only had 3 wins since January 4??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball