Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 11:37 PM

612 posts, read 843,866 times

Advertisements

As far as culture, and passion for the college and pro basketball teams, which area is more rich in these categories? Thanks in advance for any and all replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 02:03 AM

612 posts, read 843,866 times
I forgot to add, as far as DMV, I had meant the Baltimore-Washington area all-inclusive

Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Philly!

Old 10-11-2013, 12:15 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
I am from the DMV so my view is going to naturally go that way, but just out of curiosity, what players are from Philly besides Kobe?

Old 10-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I am from the DMV so my view is going to naturally go that way, but just out of curiosity, what players are from Philly besides Kobe?
Philly-born players that have been active in the 2012-13 NBA Season...

-Kyle Lowry
-Jameer Nelson
-Maalik Wayns
-Tyreke Evans
-Richard Hamilton
-Dion Waiters
-Wayne Ellington
-Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
-John Salmons
-Hakim Warrick
-Markieff Morris
-Marcus Morris
-Lavoy Allen
-Rasheed Wallace

Old 10-11-2013, 04:53 PM

DMV:

-Kevin Durant
-Ty Lawson
-Michael Beasley
-Jeff Green
-Thomas Robinson
-Patrick Patterson
-Ed Davis
-Roger Mason
-Sam Young
-Jarrett Jack
-Keith Bogans
-Dante Cunningham
-Chris Johnson
-John Lucas
-Meyers Leonard
-James White
-Chris Wright
-Jarvis Varnado
-Kendall Marshall
-Julyan Stone

but i included a very big area, for Philly only the metro on Pennsylvania ground.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
DMV:

-Kevin Durant
-Ty Lawson
-Michael Beasley
-Jeff Green
-Thomas Robinson
-Patrick Patterson
-Ed Davis
-Roger Mason
-Sam Young
-Jarrett Jack
-Keith Bogans
-Dante Cunningham
-Chris Johnson
-John Lucas
-Meyers Leonard
-James White
-Chris Wright
-Jarvis Varnado
-Kendall Marshall
-Julyan Stone

but i included a very big area, for Philly only the metro on Pennsylvania ground.
I am confused by this list. Some of these individuals were just born in the DMV, they didn't actually play any level of basketball in this region so I wouldn't include them. What are we defining as being 'from an area'? To me, I don't think we should include people who didn't at least play high school in the region.

Also when someone says, the DMV, it doesn't really include the whole state of Virginia, it is really just the DC Metro area otherwise, we can include Richmond and Hampton Roads in our list and I think that would be a stretch. James White for instance, is not from the DC area. He is from southern Virginia, southwest of Richmond.

And if we are going to put Baltimore as part of the DMV which technically makes sense just because there are a lot of areas that intermixed, then you have to include the following names:

Rudy Gay
Carmelo Anthony
Gary Neal
Josh Selby

Old 10-12-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Also when someone says, the DMV, it doesn't really include the whole state of Virginia, it is really just the DC Metro area otherwise, we can include Richmond and Hampton Roads in our list and I think that would be a stretch. James White for instance, is not from the DC area.
James White was born in Washington D.C.!

Old 10-12-2013, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
James White was born in Washington D.C.!
But he went to High School in a place that is not in the DC region. I'm trying to be fair here. That's why I am asking what are the boundaries that we are defining for if someone is included to be in an area or not.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
But he went to High School in a place that is not in the DC region. I'm trying to be fair here. That's why I am asking what are the boundaries that we are defining for if someone is included to be in an area or not.
In the first years of your life you will learn how to walk and talk (the basics), for me that's more important than high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball