U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 07:45 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,822,225 times

Advertisements

its only been 3 games but he seems like he can ball and would probably get ROY this year.

your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:26 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,843,371 times
He had a great few games. It's definitely too early to call Rookie of the Year. Let's wait till 60 games in and other players had a chance to do something.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:25 AM

3,114 posts, read 2,524,394 times
The drawbacks that plagued him at Syracuse was that he couldn't shoot or finish. He seems to have improved in both areas.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:03 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,285,808 times
The kid looks for real to me. The thing to watch with rookies is how they deal with the 82 game grind. They are not used to playing that much basketball at such a high level. He has great pep in his step now. Lets see what he looks like in February and March.

Plus, there is not much scouting on him yet. As the season wears on teams will do a better job of figuring out his tendencies. All that said I think he has a bright future ahead of him. Philly really has an exciting team.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:36 PM

1,020 posts, read 2,822,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
The kid looks for real to me. The thing to watch with rookies is how they deal with the 82 game grind. They are not used to playing that much basketball at such a high level. He has great pep in his step now. Lets see what he looks like in February and March.

Plus, there is not much scouting on him yet. As the season wears on teams will do a better job of figuring out his tendencies. All that said I think he has a bright future ahead of him. Philly really has an exciting team.

I think to have a 6'6 point guard is pretty rare nowadays, and if he keeps this up he is a walking triple double. We'll have to wait and see if Nerlens Noel come back in the late season, The 76ers could be in the playoffs, but theyre still nowhere near the heat, bulls, and pacers.

and no, im not a sixers fan, but its interesting to watch.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 PM

51,887 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Too soon.

Seriously?

P.S. I was writing this before noticing his horrible performance tonight. How long have some of you been following the NBA seriously? 2 years? 1 year?

Old 11-05-2013, 06:14 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,194,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Too soon.

Seriously?

P.S. I was writing this before noticing his horrible performance tonight. How long have some of you been following the NBA seriously? 2 years? 1 year?
so wait let me get this right,
MCW gos for 18, 4as, 6rb and 6to, and its a horrible performance vs one of if not the best backcourt in the nba in GS and lin isnt garbage even though he went for 14, 4as, 3rb and 6to vs one of the worst in dallas? credit to lin on only turning the ball over 1 time vs the clippers.

dang math your consistency is off lately. your awesome bro, respect your opinion but dang your inconsistent lately.

MCWs worst game so far was vs washington, he has played pretty well vs 3 very good teams in miami, chicago, and now gs. his shot was off some last night, but i wouldnt say horrible. hes averaging 20ppg, 7.8apg, 5rpg and his lone bad spot is 3.3tpg. im enjoying watching him play personally.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:29 AM

51,887 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so wait let me get this right,
MCW gos for 18, 4as, 6rb and 6to, and its a horrible performance vs one of if not the best backcourt in the nba in GS and lin isnt garbage even though he went for 14, 4as, 3rb and 6to vs one of the worst in dallas? credit to lin on only turning the ball over 1 time vs the clippers.

dang math your consistency is off lately. your awesome bro, respect your opinion but dang your inconsistent lately.

MCWs worst game so far was vs washington, he has played pretty well vs 3 very good teams in miami, chicago, and now gs. his shot was off some last night, but i wouldnt say horrible. hes averaging 20ppg, 7.8apg, 5rpg and his lone bad spot is 3.3tpg. im enjoying watching him play personally.
I'd never use a single game to label any player (he shot 4-17 fyi). I merely noted MCW had a horrible game, not that he was a bad player. I specifically noted that we'd need to see more than 4 games out of him and it would be incredibly unfair to do this to a rookie whose just going to keep improving.

Lin's game vs. Dallas was indeed horrible, I wouldn't claim otherwise. However, by using "1 game logic" a fanboy of Lins could point to his game vs. the Clippers and say he's awesome. I refuse to accept that methodology in either direction.

Thus, I cannot even fathom how you are trying to say I'm being inconsistent by pointing out a bad game and that I cannot judge MCW based on 4 games.

MCW is just a rookie, he is showing some really promising talent and we will have to see how he's doing after we get more games to judge him by.

P.S. I think MCW is better than Lin and has upside that Lin doesn't have just in case you were wondering.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:40 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,194,022 times
Lol relax math, relax

Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,399,181 times
Too soon to tell but he could be like a Jalen Rose type of player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or