Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 06:11 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Durant is going nuts and is likely MVP this year. Unless Lebron starts going nuts soon which will happen at some point just don't know if it will last long enough or be enough. Right now with no Westbrook Durant deserves it.

As for the Heat Spurs game it was nice to see the Heat locked in for much of the game. Love games where the Heat win and Lebron does not need to play in the 4th. As for the guys who were out Leonard being out is the only big thing IMO. Ayers played pretty well, Green has had a really off year so far too and so much of it is in the Pop system. You can put a ton of guys in there as long as they have their big 3. The Spurs have also only one 1 game against the best 8 in the league I believe.

He is not retiring for at least another 2-3 years especially if they win again this year.
Yep. Durant in a landslide if OKC finishes the year with one of the top 3 records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 11:26 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,203 times
Give KD the MVP award now. LeBron doesn't need to expend the kind of energy it would take to overtake Durant. With Wade struggling LeBron needs to conserve as much energy as possible for the playoffs. The Heat have a different standard. They are trying to make their 4th Finals appearance in a row. All of the usual metrics for determining if a team is "for real" or not do not apply to them. They are for real no matter what numbers or injuries may say. And they are good enough to make the ECF with Dwayne Wade in suit on the bench. But they will need him healthy, really healthy, to get past Indiana.

Other observations:
  • Memphis is coming around. The West needs to take notice. They could give real trouble to one of the higher Western Conference seeds in the first round.
  • The Spurs 1-8 record against the league's top teams is troubling. Maybe I should give them the same pass I'm giving Miami, but I can't.
  • Brooklyn is rolling. They, like Memphis, are finally coming around.
  • Kobe Bryant needs to officially shut it down for the season. There is no point in coming back in March when your team won't be playing in late April.
  • For all the depth of in the Western Conference OKC still looks like the team to beat.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I'm not sure he is going to last that long. He has an injury that doesn't really go away. He's going to have a hard time playing on that knee consistently. At best, he will play sporadically like he is this year if he plays another 2-3 years. Either way, no team can depend on him every game.

he may need to get some fish oil in the offseason

Old 01-30-2014, 07:04 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
KD for president. My goodness, that dude is on a tear. He torched Miami last night.

As of right now, Durant is the clear MVP.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:06 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,057,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
KD for president. My goodness, that dude is on a tear. He torched Miami last night.

As of right now, Durant is the clear MVP.
um... no he didn't. Did OKC win, yes. Did Durant "torch" Miami, hardly. LeBron outscored him and had better percentage.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:35 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,085,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
um... no he didn't. Did OKC win, yes. Did Durant "torch" Miami, hardly. LeBron outscored him and had better percentage.
lebron played more minutes
stats
lebron 34 points, 3 rebounds 3 assists 0 steals 0 blocks. 1-5 from 3
durant 33 points 7 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals o blocks. 4-9 from 3

durant out performed lebron in every way except lebron took closer shots. the only reason lebron was even close to durants points is the 9-9 free throws, most of which coming from perry jones (who???) fouling him and not durant.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
lebron played more minutes
stats
lebron 34 points, 3 rebounds 3 assists 0 steals 0 blocks. 1-5 from 3
durant 33 points 7 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals o blocks. 4-9 from 3

durant out performed lebron in every way except lebron took closer shots. the only reason lebron was even close to durants points is the 9-9 free throws, most of which coming from perry jones (who???) fouling him and not durant.
Thank you.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:46 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,057,553 times
Did he play well, yes. I'm not saying he didn't. But I wouldn't go as far as to emphasize it to "torched" in bold. Its not like he blew us out with some 50 pt game. I'd say when Heat played GSW, they did a better job of "torching us." That was a blowout of shooting perfection. Last night was just a good game.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:42 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,085,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Did he play well, yes. I'm not saying he didn't. But I wouldn't go as far as to emphasize it to "torched" in bold. Its not like he blew us out with some 50 pt game. I'd say when Heat played GSW, they did a better job of "torching us." That was a blowout of shooting perfection. Last night was just a good game.
that kinda funny. yeah the warriors shot a better fg % but the thunder shot better from 3.
both shot better than 50% in both categories, but the thunder shot less than 1/2% shy of 60% from 3 vs the warriors 51-52%.

in addition the best scorer in the warriors game was curry who made 1 more shot than durant, and while his 8-15 from 3 is very good, he still only scored 3 more points while playing 4 more minutes. in addition, curry didnt have arguably the best defender in the league (lebron) on him all game like durant did.

the real funny thing to me is the heat allowed derek fisher to shoot 5-5 from 3 for 15 points. thats terrible defense from the guards.

i know you dont want to admit that there is a real possibility the thunder win a ring this year and not the heat but man youre grasping at straws to find/make excuses.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:53 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,421,472 times
The 96 draft, still in full force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball