U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-27-2013, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Here
2,677 posts, read 6,042,256 times
Reputation: 2709

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
I know I should not be surprised. I know I should be used to it by now.....But how does ESPN justify showing a heat/cavs?!? game over Spurs/Thunder? Did Whoever made that decision really say "oh, the people of America will want to see this leastern conference slaughter over two titans fighting it out for supremacy over the West?" and then did a table full of yes men really say "yep, no doubt about it. #2 vs. #12 will get us way more eyeballs than #1 vs. #3?" .................I just don't get it.
Bigger markets plus bigger star (lebron) ?
+ another chance to play up the Lebron vs. Old team story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-27-2013, 04:50 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,365,861 times
Reputation: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
I know I should not be surprised. I know I should be used to it by now.....But how does ESPN justify showing a heat/cavs?!? game over Spurs/Thunder? Did Whoever made that decision really say "oh, the people of America will want to see this leastern conference slaughter over two titans fighting it out for supremacy over the West?" and then did a table full of yes men really say "yep, no doubt about it. #2 vs. #12 will get us way more eyeballs than #1 vs. #3?" .................I just don't get it.
got nothing to do with whos a better matchup or what the standings are like, or even what size the markets are. its all about lebron. these are his 2 teams, they are still trying to play off his "decision" and how people supposedly still hate him for leaving the cavs the way he did, and now there is talk of him returning to the cavs (go see the storys on espn. com) as a free agent. espn has been in the middle of all that, good bad or otherwise and so OF COURSE they will play the heat/cavs game over the "boring" spurs vs the "not the same as before" thunder.

ironically enough, espn just crowned the spurs as "the team of the decade". not nba team but all sports because they have been the only team in all sports to be ranked in the top 10 every year for the last decade. (side note pop was named coach of the decade by espn also)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2013, 05:18 PM
 
286 posts, read 183,186 times
Reputation: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
got nothing to do with whos a better matchup or what the standings are like, or even what size the markets are. its all about lebron. these are his 2 teams, they are still trying to play off his "decision" and how people supposedly still hate him for leaving the cavs the way he did, and now there is talk of him returning to the cavs (go see the storys on espn. com) as a free agent. espn has been in the middle of all that, good bad or otherwise and so OF COURSE they will play the heat/cavs game over the "boring" spurs vs the "not the same as before" thunder.

ironically enough, espn just crowned the spurs as "the team of the decade". not nba team but all sports because they have been the only team in all sports to be ranked in the top 10 every year for the last decade. (side note pop was named coach of the decade by espn also)

Yeah, they say "Team of the Decade" but won't show the Spurs in a great matchup over a game in which one team has dominated another 11 straight times!

Just like Stern said the Spurs are the way an NBA team should be built yesterday but still is the same guy to fine them 250k

Actions speak louder than these guys worthless words and worthless awards. Actions still show style rules over substance...like I said, I get it and am used to it...just wish they would stop trying to act like all Americans wants to watch 1 of 3 or 4 teams and to hell with the rest of the league..just posted to see if there was anyone else just as flabbergasted as I was...../rant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2013, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Howard County, MD
2,223 posts, read 3,068,071 times
Reputation: 3367
I've been skeptical of the Nets this whole time, too many old dudes on the roster and a rookie coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2013, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Thumb of Michigan
4,489 posts, read 6,856,087 times
Reputation: 2534
I have yet to see Anthony Davis play. Is he the real deal?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2013, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
30,361 posts, read 16,363,015 times
Reputation: 12350
This is pretty good...

Jason Kidd to Tyshawn Taylor: “Hit Me”

With the game against the Los Angeles Lakers hanging in the balance and the Brooklyn Nets out of timeouts, Jason Kidd pulled perhaps one of the wiliest veteran moves we've seen out of the rookie coach.

With 8.3 seconds left and no way to draw up a play for his team, Kidd, holding a glass of soda, looked at rookie Tyshawn Taylor and mouthed "hit me," imploring his second-year guard to run into him on his way to the bench. Taylor does his due diligence, running directly into Kidd as Kidd held his glass into the air.

The spill caused a stoppage in play, both icing Jodie Meeks at the free throw line and allowing Kidd time to draw up a play, a Paul Pierce three-pointer around a Kevin Garnett screen.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2013, 01:57 AM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
7,059 posts, read 4,765,337 times
Reputation: 2637
Kidd was a great player, one of the greatest PG's in NBA history, but he just cannot coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2013, 06:42 AM
 
158 posts, read 230,827 times
Reputation: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Kidd was a great player, one of the greatest PG's in NBA history, but he just cannot coach.
The Nets have players that are old and washed up. It's hard to blame Kidd for all the losing. Whenever you put a bunch of old ball dominant iso players together, it's going to be a disaster. Billy King is an idiot. Clearly he knows nothing about constructing, he simply just went after the big names, similarly to what the Lakers front office did last year. And we saw how that worked our for the Lakers... I mean come on Billy, Joe Johnson? Old man Pierce and Garnett? Trading away your future in Marshon Brooks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2013, 06:55 AM
 
158 posts, read 230,827 times
Reputation: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
I know I should not be surprised. I know I should be used to it by now.....But how does ESPN justify showing a heat/cavs?!? game over Spurs/Thunder? Did Whoever made that decision really say "oh, the people of America will want to see this leastern conference slaughter over two titans fighting it out for supremacy over the West?" and then did a table full of yes men really say "yep, no doubt about it. #2 vs. #12 will get us way more eyeballs than #1 vs. #3?" .................I just don't get it.
Every team has to get a chance to play on national tv. There will be plenty of Spurs and Thunder games for you to watch throughout the year. I don't enjoy watching the Knicks lose every game or a watching a mediocre Lakers team, but that's the way it is with bigger markets, more of their games are played on tv. With the way the Pacers are playing, they'll definitely get more of their games shown on the major networks. I'm kind of hoping they finish close to the 72-10 record Jordan's Bulls put up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2013, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
30,361 posts, read 16,363,015 times
Reputation: 12350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitySide View Post
The Nets have players that are old and washed up. It's hard to blame Kidd for all the losing. Whenever you put a bunch of old ball dominant iso players together, it's going to be a disaster. Billy King is an idiot. Clearly he knows nothing about constructing, he simply just went after the big names, similarly to what the Lakers front office did last year. And we saw how that worked our for the Lakers... I mean come on Billy, Joe Johnson? Old man Pierce and Garnett? Trading away your future in Marshon Brooks?
Billy King ruined the Sixers... ugh


Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Kidd was a great player, one of the greatest PG's in NBA history, but he just cannot coach.
Kidd does know what to do with the drinks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top