U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 06:10 PM

3,624 posts, read 3,089,446 times

Advertisements

funniest thing ive seen this season

Jason Kidd says "Hit Me" & Spills Drink on Court - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 06:33 PM

13,237 posts, read 24,424,164 times
I saw this on USA Today, but it omitted the Hit Me part out of their video.

LOL.

The intent is what the $50K is for. Good to know he'll do anything to help his team. Poor Mr. Taylor was just doing what coach wanted him to lol.

Old 11-29-2013, 08:05 PM

28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times
I put it in the 2013 Season thread. It was obvious he did it on purpose. He got fined. Never said it was an accident. And that's about it.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:41 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,408,219 times
All that, and then the Ass't coach drew up the play for the Nets, not Kidd ... as usual. lol!

Old 11-29-2013, 11:54 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
What I liked even more is how Steve Blake and Xavier Henry (I think that was the other guy) was in the Nets huddle for the play the assistant drew up during the stoppage.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:40 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,418,037 times
As much as I want to like JKidd as an Oakland/UC-Berkeley product, he is just a straight-up shady dude. Wife-beater, drunk driver and now cheater. I think this will be his only season as a head coach (ever), followed by a quick, forgettable stint as an announcer on ESPN or NBATV, and we only hear about him when his HOF eligibility or next arrest come up (whichever comes first).

Old 11-30-2013, 12:58 AM

52 posts, read 57,606 times
Kidd's hire was the product of the Nets trying to make a splash during the hiring process. The biggest splash they could have made was hiring Jackson, and when that didn't work, they obviously avoided the recycled route and went for the unknown. It was a stupid thought process, even if Kidd does end up being a good coach down the road, because the team is not built to withstand the growing pains of a rookie coach.

I'm surprised they're not doing better because of the player-coaching skills of KG, even though he is a punk.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:38 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,847,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozahsuf View Post

I'm surprised they're not doing better because of the player-coaching skills of KG, even though he is a punk.
It's one thing to be a "leader" or the hardest working guy on the team. I'm sure Kidd, like KG knows the game real well, knows how to help players, worked hard during his career, set an example on the court, and generally could be looked up to by younger players. But running a team, preparing for games, running the right plays, running the right lineups, managing minutes, and other nuances to being a coach that I couldn't even begin to think of; that's a whole different story entirely.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:44 PM

28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Nets may be melting down...

Jason Kidd losing support within Nets' locker room

The Nets had tried to be supportive of Kidd, but patience is running low on the belief he can deliver the structure and organization desperately needed. As the Nets have devolved into chaos, Kidd has increasingly isolated himself within the locker room and organization, sources told Yahoo Sports. From management to players, Kidd has shown an inability to manage crisis and keep the respect of his players.

Rifts exist between old players and new, trust eroded with every humiliating loss in this 9-19 season.

More than once, sources said, players have stood in the locker room and told Kidd they don't understand their roles, that there's confusion about their principles. When the Nets players keep insisting they don't have a team identity, they're offering code words for Kidd's inability to give them clear structure, organization and vision.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:55 PM

6,541 posts, read 4,492,339 times
I'm SHOCKED that Woodson & Kidd are both likely to still be coaching New York's teams come 2014. I thought for sure at least 1 of them and likely both would've been gone by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball