Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 04:22 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,478,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Getting blasted like this is probably the best thing that can happen for the Pacers really if they are not going to win the series. This sends a clear message that the Pacers have to make some changes to get over the hump. Losing a tough 7 game series, it would be easy to sit back and say we'll get 'em next time. Falling behind by almost 40 in an elimination game; the boat will be rocked.
They are not a versatile team.

Probably would have to trade some major pieces/players off. Then you have the issue of chemistry, which will take a bit to gel to get to the Finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 04:54 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Well I will say this, the Pacers will be around again next year. They are not going anywhere no time soon
I agree they aren't going anywhere.

If the Bulls ever get healthy they won't be getting free passes to the ECF anymore.

Then you have the potential development of some of the other squads in the east and Indy better get their head back in the game if they don't want to backslide.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:57 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
The Heat may have made it to a fourth straight final appearance, but that doesn't meant that they will win.

Any person with a brain cell in their head will see that the Heat won last years finals in game 6 against the Spurs due to a lucky 3 pointer by LeBron and one by Ray Allen during the last minute of play. Of course, the refs where paid off last year (in Miami's favor) but this year, they won't be.

I' am willing to bet all of my money (currently $30,000) that the Spurs rout the Heat this year to a 5th Championship ring, no matter how much the game is rigged in favor of Miami and the LBJ ba** suckers, the Spurs will win.
Anyone willing to bet 30k on a "rigged game" has been up all night with their friends jack and Daniel.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:45 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,110,308 times
Quote:
The Heat may have made it to a fourth straight final appearance, but that doesn't meant that they will win.

Any person with a brain cell in their head will see that the Heat won last years finals in game 6 against the Spurs due to a lucky 3 pointer by LeBron and one by Ray Allen during the last minute of play. Of course, the refs where paid off last year (in Miami's favor) but this year, they won't be.

I' am willing to bet all of my money (currently $30,000) that the Spurs rout the Heat this year to a 5th Championship ring, no matter how much the game is rigged in favor of Miami and the LBJ ba** suckers, the Spurs will win.

This is correct.

but remember, Texans hate the Heat and lbj....

Old 05-31-2014, 11:28 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:

I can't go against Lebron in the Finals until he gives me a reason so I see Heat splitting in Texas and winning 2 or 3 at home and winning 1 more in Texas

Old 05-31-2014, 12:06 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,081,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I can't go against Lebron in the Finals until he gives me a reason so I see Heat splitting in Texas and winning 2 or 3 at home and winning 1 more in Texas
You do know it's not 2-3-2 anymore right?
So you have the heat winning 2 on the road and 3 at home?
Hmmmm

Old 05-31-2014, 01:11 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,087 times
Well tonight's game should be fun. Looking for an OKC win for two reasons. 1. I prefer a matchup agaisnt OKC that is for sure. 2nd more games they play the better.

I was at the game last night and it was great. So happy it was not even close. Sure if you have no rooting interest that sucks but that was pretty much the most fun I have ever had at a Heat game for a 1st half and by far the best crowd I have ever seen at the AAA for a first half. It was just a 3qtr long celebration. A slow start but no one was worried, they locked in and played Heat basketball.

Excited to watch the game tonight.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:47 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
You do know it's not 2-3-2 anymore right?
So you have the heat winning 2 on the road and 3 at home?
Hmmmm
I know, that's why I said

they will split in Texas
win 2 out of 3 in Miami
and win one more in Texas

Old 05-31-2014, 02:53 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,440 times
Quote:

last year wade was hobbled and the Heat still won. Not only will Miami win this year, they will win next year too. Lebron wins four rings in a row. Then I'd like to see him leave Miami and sign with the Spurs after Duncan retires

Old 05-31-2014, 04:58 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,540 times
Have no idea what to expect tonight. Weirdest series ever. I'm glad to see the Spurs proved me wrong in game 5. I really thought it was going to be a 2004 vs. Lakers .4 shot type of loss. Hope we can win tonight. The more days of rest Miami has than us the worse. Either way, I just hope the winner of this series puts a stop to the evil empire of douchebaggery on south beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball