Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:00 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
by now everyone has read/heard the audio by the owner of the clippers. clearly his racist white buddies are angry and he has to answer to them for every instagram post his mistress shows the world with "black people in it."

if you were in the NBA, would you play for such an owner? i don't think it matters because he keeps business as business and i am sure other racist owners are also around in the NBA. this old foggie just got caught with his jim-crow-upbringing out in public on 21st century technology. even if you are white, it would make for an odd position as your black teammates may treat you bad as retribution for how they view the owner. as a black or hispanic guy, would you overlook his understanding of your race/culture or would you jump ship/sign elsewhere?
I would have signed a contract with the Clippers, attempt to change the system from within and work on my jump-shot in secret after everyone had left the practice facility.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:28 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
These 2 statements alone pissed me off. He had to be be saying more behind closed doors for her to tape him. He probably makes loose comments all the time and she figured out a way to get him. I'm sorry but if my lover or friend made these kinda comments around me I would definitely check there arse

Old 04-30-2014, 12:10 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
These 2 statements alone pissed me off. He had to be be saying more behind closed doors for her to tape him. He probably makes loose comments all the time and she figured out a way to get him. I'm sorry but if my lover or friend made these kinda comments around me I would definitely check there arse

Not good but keep in mind he was upset because apparently people were calling him about it and asking why she was palling around with these guys.

Let's say a black celeb's GF starts showing up to events with muscular white jocks...let's say Gronkowski or Mike Trout. Now let's say this black guy's black friends start calling him and saying "why is your girl hanging out with all these white boys". Perhaps they even rib him a little about her maybe hooking up with them.

Now...would you be surprised if he confronted his GF and asked her to stop showing up to crowded events with these white guys and having her picture taken with them and posting it for the world to see?

Let's be real here.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:26 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
I don't think people understand how deep this really is about society at large. Do a bit of research on the history of African Americans and other minorities in America. Understand the power structure. Just consider a major debate is going on if women should be paid the same as men? Minimum wage of $10.00 an hour was blocked.

It seems people want to take this personal and keep it black verse white when it's much see or than that. Just consider the actions of the GOP since President Obama has been in office. People vote against their own self interest. This guy shows people can want nothing to do with others and still make that money. Also look at the LA NAACP chapter. They still want to take his money with the justification that they say what he said isn't what's in his heart. The love of money is a mofo.

Then we can also ask why are Mexican and women organizations not riled up over this situation he jumped on then too. This guy has stirred up a hornets nest not to also mention he brought in Isreal and the treatment of black Jews. Not to also mention at some point the names of the people who called him to complain will get out and if they are heads of companies they will have issues.

This is all about MONEY. Follow the money. It's not about black or white. The NBA protected their brand so what about other acts of discrimination that are in society? Don't believe the hype.

Old 04-30-2014, 03:41 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
Oprah interested in buying the Clippers....

Old 04-30-2014, 06:21 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,857,597 times
As we have more than a couple threads regarding Sterling, I have made a "sticky" out of one of them. Look for "Lifetime Ban-Sterling-all comments here.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball