Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 09:18 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times

Advertisements

you'd think the average basketball fan would be thrilled to see two "lesser" teams make it.

Every time there's an NBA Playoffs promo, I am so tired of seeing Lebron, Duncan, Griffin, Durant, Hibbert, etc. Yes, I know those are the big names in the league, and I actually love all those players, except Lebron. But show me more of John Wall, George Hill, Aldridge, Conley, etc.

Lebron represents the worst of the NBA, leaving the small market team that drafted you and be in cahoots with two other all-star players and decide to build your own all-star team in any city of your choosing. How about showing some of these young stars who are still playing for the teams that drafted them and giving it their all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 09:48 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
you'd think the average basketball fan would be thrilled to see two "lesser" teams make it.

Every time there's an NBA Playoffs promo, I am so tired of seeing Lebron, Duncan, Griffin, Durant, Hibbert, etc. Yes, I know those are the big names in the league, and I actually love all those players, except Lebron. But show me more of John Wall, George Hill, Aldridge, Conley, etc.

Lebron represents the worst of the NBA, leaving the small market team that drafted you and be in cahoots with two other all-star players and decide to build your own all-star team in any city of your choosing. How about showing some of these young stars who are still playing for the teams that drafted them and giving it their all.
I believe the biggest reason many fans will cheer for the same old faces is because they want to see teams that make things competitive. Throughout the season everyone knew the Pacers were the only team that could challenge the Heat. Yeah, it's nice to see these other guys playing, but no one really expects them to threaten the Heat. Therefore the Heat waltz into the finals where they could easily not play the western team that matches up best against them because the west is so competitive.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
People love to say that...........but the ratings suggest otherwise and we have seen it play out that way over and over. What will draw more ratings? Wizards-Grizzlies in the finals or Heat-Thunder?

Quote:
Answer this honestly.............. let's say you came out of college to be a banker and were forced to go through a forced labor draft. You are drafted by a Wells Fargo Bank in Tulsa, OK and assigned a labor contract for 3 years. In that 3 years, the bank does not allow you development opportunities and limits your ability to succeed. They have your co-workers relocated and replace them with less talented individuals that are difficult to work with. Rumors are circulating that the bank is not on good financial footing and could be shedding staff.

3 years is up, and you can stay at the bank for double your pay OR you can take a little less money and go to Chase Bank who has the best talent in the industry and provides much better potential to succeed. Plus, you can relocate to the city of your choosing. What is your choice?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:49 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
No need to quote me to prove me wrong, man. I'm an admitted hater LOL

Lebron is the best basketball player on planet earth right now, and there's a good chance Miami 3-peats. I just hate what the NBA has become, where superstars literally conspire to become free agents together and all move to the same city and build their very own all-star team. it's disgusting.

no beef here man, Lebron is good. damn good. But the NBA product as a whole....has fallen off.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:00 PM

2,369 posts, read 2,912,149 times
as a casual bullets/wizards fan, I hope they make it. this city has been stuck in sucky sports team for years either by underachieving or by an owner who spends money to do nothing.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:47 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarqCider View Post
as a casual bullets/wizards fan, I hope they make it. this city has been stuck in sucky sports team for years either by underachieving or by an owner who spends money to do nothing.

Well I hope they can atleast take the Pacers to 6 games. I would hope they are not down 0-2 headed back to DC

Old 04-29-2014, 08:36 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Well, it's gonna be the Wizards vs either the Pacers or Hawks. Chicago did as well as could be expected with who they had left, but I think the more exciting team made it to the second round.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well, it's gonna be the Wizards vs either the Pacers or Hawks. Chicago did as well as could be expected with who they had left, but I think the more exciting team made it to the second round.
Wizards vs Hawks would be Must Not see TV. I would not watch one second of that series and now have to root for the Pacers

Old 04-29-2014, 09:07 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,416 times
Such bitterness in here...sorry your team didnt make it, but thats the way it is, dont have to be so bitter about it. Enjoy the off season

Old 04-29-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Such bitterness in here...sorry your team didnt make it, but thats the way it is, dont have to be so bitter about it. Enjoy the off season
I like attractive matchups during the month of May and I just can't rush home to see a game between the Wizards and hawks. I think only the fans of those teams can do that since it decides who plays Miami in the 2nd round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball