Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:08 AM

1,018 posts, read 3,375,548 times

Advertisements

i know that Miami will go straight to the finals if the pacers loose to the hawks, which the hawks are leading 3-2 already. the pacers are the only team that stands somewhat of a chance of knocking off the heat.

well, say for example, if the hawks win and they go against the wizards, and the wizards win and go against Miami.

is there any chance on earth that the wizards can beat the heat? I don't see the hawks can stand a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 06:40 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,469,239 times
I don't think so. These playoffs are shaping up to be one of the easiest runs in NBA history for the Heat. The East was alraedy really weak, then D Rose goes down, again, and their only competition after that, the Pacers, have fallen way off. The West is strong, but the playoffs over there are insane with the two top seeds struggling in their series. The Clippers have all their drama now with Sterling which will put added stress and pressure on them.

The Heat playoff run could look something like: Charlotte, Toronto, Washington, Portland. I really doubt there has ever been an easier path to an NBA title than THAT.

But still a lot of ball left to play.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:51 AM

1,018 posts, read 3,375,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I don't think so. These playoffs are shaping up to be one of the easiest runs in NBA history for the Heat. The East was alraedy really weak, then D Rose goes down, again, and their only competition after that, the Pacers, have fallen way off. The West is strong, but the playoffs over there are insane with the two top seeds struggling in their series. The Clippers have all their drama now with Sterling which will put added stress and pressure on them.

The Heat playoff run could look something like: Charlotte, Toronto, Washington, Portland. I really doubt there has ever been an easier path to an NBA title than THAT.

But still a lot of ball left to play.

i cant believe Portland would have a chance at all. before the playoffs began i thought it was either the thunder or the spurs vs the heat, and possibly the pacers. and of course, the clippers have their issues with their bigs making free throws, the rockets not being deep enough, and the mavs are slowing down.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:32 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,958,710 times
I think people really don't know the Wizards because most of the country hasn't seen them play up until this point. Let me put it like this, they have underachieved throughout the year and have had some key injuries mainly to Nene that has hindered their progress. Now that they are healthy and in the playoffs, people are beginning to take notice.

Look I'm not saying that the Wizards will beat Miami, but they have as good as chance as anyone right now and the reason why is because they have two bigs, Nene and Gortat, whom the Miami Heat have no answer for. I will point out that the Heat played the Wizards earlier this year in January and at one point was losing by 34 points in that game in the first half, and this was with the Big 3 playing. The score after the first quarter was 43-18. This is nothing to sneeze over, they showed they could compete with Miami because they dominated the interior which is Miami's biggest problem.

Look at the matchups, Trevor Ariza, one of the league's best defenders, will guard Lebron. Ariza won't completely stop Lebron, but he is fully capable of slowing him down. Then you look at the guard matchups. Bradley Beal played excellent during the first round series and could give Dwyane Wade problems, especially if Wade is not healthy. Beal is deceptively quick, an underrated defender and capable scorer. The biggest issue with him is he can be really streaky and take some really bad shots at times. Then you have John Wall who would probably be the biggest ex-factor of the series. Without a capable rim protector (unless Greg Oden logs a lot of minutes), Wall will be able to penetrate at will. He is one of the quickest guards in the league and may cause Lebron or Wade to switch off on him to stop his play making ability.

The most important take away I will state about this potential match up is how important Nene is. He only played in one match up this year and that was the one that they destroyed Miami. Miami literally has no answer for him. Look at what happened to Chicago, even Joakim Noah couldn't stop him. When this guy is healthy he is a bad match-up, but he's rarely healthy.

Nene destroying LeBron James 2014 - YouTube

Old 04-30-2014, 07:44 AM

8,959 posts, read 17,236,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
I think people really don't know the Wizards because most of the country hasn't seen them play up until this point.
The Wizards remind me of the Pacers a few years ago. Kind of unknown nationally, but up and coming. It wasn't until that 2012 playoffs when the Pacers pushed the Heat that people nationally started paying attention to them. I think the Wizards are trending down that same road. I think they can push the Heat if it comes to that, but I don't think they'll beat the Heat.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:24 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,047,739 times
Couldn't rep you but I agree with most what what you said Justtitans.

I'm a Heat fan and I've been saying all year to people that our biggest competition are Nets and Wizards. And truly all year, not just since playoffs. My friends all doubted first round saying Bulls in 5 or Bulls in 6. Only thing I got wrong was how fast the Wizards would demolish the Bulls.

At this point I'd like to give the edge to the Heat but I'm really not sure. I've also been saying our 3 point shooting is severely lacking this season and thats only become more apparent. James Jones has stepped up which I like but Battier / Allen / Miller were all serious contenders. I'm happy for Miller being on Memphis (another team I can cheer for), but damn do I miss having him in our jersey.

Wizards are going to push Miami to the brink. With Oden sidelined its going to be a real tough matchup for us because of their size. We're going to need Bosh to have huge games to beat them.

Thats if we get to them. I don't think Raptors will give us much issue but Nets sure will.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 AM

78,088 posts, read 60,309,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
i know that Miami will go straight to the finals if the pacers loose to the hawks, which the hawks are leading 3-2 already. the pacers are the only team that stands somewhat of a chance of knocking off the heat.

well, say for example, if the hawks win and they go against the wizards, and the wizards win and go against Miami.

is there any chance on earth that the wizards can beat the heat? I don't see the hawks can stand a chance.
Zero chance for the Wiz.

Anybody getting super excited about them knocking off a scrappy Bulls team playing out a broken season missing a bunch of starters....compared to a healthy full Miami team....needs some deep breaths.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 AM

491 posts, read 1,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post

Wizards are going to push Miami to the brink. With Oden sidelined its going to be a real tough matchup for us because of their size. We're going to need Bosh to have huge games to beat them.

Thats if we get to them. I don't think Raptors will give us much issue but Nets sure will.
Although I think the Wizards are an up and coming team, I think the Heat will be fine. Yes, the Wizards are big but it's their quick guards that can give the Heat trouble. I would love to see the Wizards knock off the Heat but it ain't happening. They will not push Miami to the brink.

Here's the reason.The Bulls are great defensively but that's it, but despite that, the Bulls were in a position to win all the games except the fourth game. Noah and Butler just play too many minutes and just run out of gas. They tanked in the fourth quarter. The entire team runs out of gas in the fourth quarter. A 6-7 point lead in the fourth quarter for the Bulls is like a 20 point lead for any other team. The Bulls just have a hard time scoring. The Wizards were so bad in last night's game but the Bulls were even worst, coming from a Bulls fan, the Bulls were awful to watch offensively.
If that is the preview for what's to come from the Wizards, then it's a sweep for the Heat. The Wizards scored 75 points come on, but the Bulls were worst 69 points That game was for the taking for the Bulls because the Wizards were horrible but not atrocious like Bulls offense.

As a Bulls fan, I'm glad the agony is over, they work so hard defensively as well as offensively to score.

When the Heat wanna turn up their defense, they can be just as good or even better than the Bulls, and that shows in the Playoffs. Ya, I know, the Bobcats did give them their run for their money in those early games, specially when Big Al was playing but then reality sets in for them when the Heat crank up their defense. The difference in this game is the Heat can score, which is why I think they make it to the Finals, it will be a cakewalk, I don't want it to be, but unfortunately, it will be too easy for the Heat to make it to the Finals. Lol, maybe this will work against the Heat by saying these things

Old 04-30-2014, 12:35 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,479,508 times
Whatever happens, the Wizards have far, far exceeded expectations and I feel like all we need is one more superstar, one more piece of the puzzle to make this team be considered an elite team like the Heat and Spurs

Old 04-30-2014, 01:59 PM

4,836 posts, read 11,985,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post

I'm a Heat fan and I've been saying all year to people that our biggest competition are Nets and Wizards. And truly all year, not just since playoffs. My friends all doubted first round saying Bulls in 5 or Bulls in 6. Only thing I got wrong was how fast the Wizards would demolish the Bulls.

At this point I'd like to give the edge to the Heat but I'm really not sure. I've also been saying our 3 point shooting is severely lacking this season and thats only become more apparent. James Jones has stepped up which I like but Battier / Allen / Miller were all serious contenders. I'm happy for Miller being on Memphis (another team I can cheer for), but damn do I miss having him in our jersey.

Lets worry about the Wizards if it is a team to worry about. Are the Wizards a good team? Yes, clearly they are. But lets be serious, in no way are they on the level of the Heat and if they make it to the ECF the lights will be bright and Miami's experience will prevail. Along with having the best player in the league. Every series since the big three every ECF and even second round matchups people come up with all the reasons this team is better than the Heat, why they match up better, why the Heat are too small, the Heat don't have the PG to stop their PG, the Heat don't have this etc..

Well those guys have only been right once so far. Can they be right again? Sure. But right now if Wizards faced the Heat in the ECF I really like our chances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball