Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 02:33 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,558 times

Advertisements

OPrah got rich off of a bunch of naïve, over-emotional, predominetly white soccer moms with no social lives. She should love whites!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 02:52 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
What the hell does Oprah have to do with the NBA forum? It's funny how so many people who have never posted here all of a sudden want to start wack-ass sociological arguments while the playoffs are happening. There's already a sticky thread at the top for all your random brain droppings.
Well the only connection recently she had to the NBA was that she wants to own the clippers.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:43 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,888,756 times
I think it's interesting how the media gave Jerry Buss a pass when it came to dating much younger women. Did the mainstream media ever do a serious story on that?

But Sterling has gotten raked over the coals.

-Part of the Sterling backlash, I think has to do with the fact the clippers were terrible for so long. They were over .500 3 times!! from 1979 to 2010.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:42 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times
I think some people will never get racism because they don't have to deal with or consider it. If possible pretend your Magic Johnson. Your a B-Ball legend. A NBA champion. An Olympic champion. An ambassador of the league. World known. Then in the eyes and heart of a NBA owner Magic is just a Black.

Sure Magic may not care but it had to hurt on some level or at least make him say damn. There's no way to really understand racism until it smacks you ok in the face. Then your like dammmmmn.

Racism still exist but there's more good people in society than bad.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hate-map

Old 05-05-2014, 06:11 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
I don't like Oprah. As a matter of fact, I think she's a phony cow. But it takes a truly low-functioning person to not be able to see the difference between what the two said. Sterling was referring to a group of people based only on their race and not their character. Oprah was referring to a specific group of people who subscribed to racism. Only closet racists would use such a week argument for "Oprah getting a pass."

If she were to say, "Don't bring white people to my show." she would get the same amount of heat.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:14 PM

462 posts, read 427,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I don't like Oprah. As a matter of fact, I think she's a phony cow. But it takes a truly low-functioning person to not be able to see the difference between what the two said. Sterling was referring to a group of people based only on their race and not their character. Oprah was referring to a specific group of people who subscribed to racism. Only closet racists would use such a week argument for "Oprah getting a pass."

If she were to say, "Don't bring white people to my show." she would get the same amount of heat.
Me likey this!

Old 05-05-2014, 06:54 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times
Phishing anyone???

Old 05-06-2014, 07:23 AM

206 posts, read 112,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post

Ahh the name calling! Go against the politically correct crowd and you always get labelled a racists and unintelligent! Oprah in her bbc interview was referring to old white people from Mississippi. And they just need to die! So you're comparing don't bring people to my show, to people just need to die!!! Wow great comparison! Additionally Oprah was speaking in a public interview while Sterling was in a private conversation! If you can't see the double standard then you my friend are very low-functioning!

Old 05-06-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
This thread should be moved to POC.

I agree! My mistake.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
What the hell does Oprah have to do with the NBA forum? It's funny how so many people who have never posted here all of a sudden want to start wack-ass sociological arguments while the playoffs are happening. There's already a sticky thread at the top for all your random brain droppings.
Just because I've never posted doesn't mean I don't follow or read up on this site! I'm just busy. That being said, I truly enjoy reading posts from this site. Many posters are very knowledgeable. NJGOAT is more knowledgeable than any of my former history professors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball