Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:09 AM

14,401 posts, read 20,478,153 times

Advertisements

Are they going to wear each other out in 7 games?
(while Heat may end their series tonight and get extra rest for the finals)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 07:13 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,838,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Are they going to wear each other out in 7 games?
(while Heat may end their series tonight and get extra rest for the finals)
After hearing birdman and ray allen maybe out for the heat, I don't see heat winning tonight

Old 05-28-2014, 07:34 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,030,704 times
after hearing all the talk about how the thunder have the upper hand, and how pop hasnt done anything, and how ibaka is the savior, i have to say there seems to be a lot of people who jump to the gun even more than TVSG.

the thunder did nothing but what they were expected to do, much like the spurs did in games 1 and 2. the spurs dont have to win in okc, they have home court, all they need to do is protect the home floor. the pressure is on OKC not the spurs. everyone (including pop) knew ibaka would be back, and everyone (including pop) knew the thunder would come out and try to punch the spurs in the mouth.
the bright side again, the spurs have home court. the starters will be rested and ready to go.

dont expect westbrick to play that well from here on out, after playing arguably the best game hes ever played. remember he played 45 minutes along with durants 41, and ibakas 35. no spur over 26 minutes. brooks knew he couldnt put his starters on the bench to rest up, because the spurs bench was going to win that game if he did.

tony parker wants to get back home with his newborn son, guarantee he plays better at home.
tim and manu too.

relax and dont lose faith.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:56 AM

One big difference in game 5 is that Ibaka is playing. And that means the game won't be a gimmie

Old 05-28-2014, 09:34 PM

612 posts, read 838,654 times
I smell another chokejob coming from the black and silver

Old 05-28-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
I smell another chokejob coming from the black and silver
Me too since the coach feels that they will have a automatic win since they are back home

Old 05-29-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Me too since the coach feels that they will have a automatic win since they are back home
when exactly did pop say that?

vegas has been right in calling hte winners, they got the spurs by 4, i think ill stick with vegas on this one

Old 05-29-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
when exactly did pop say that?

vegas has been right in calling hte winners, they got the spurs by 4, i think ill stick with vegas on this one
They asked him what was the thinking behind takig the starters out in the 4th qtr and his response was "thursday night"

Old 05-29-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
They asked him what was the thinking behind takig the starters out in the 4th qtr and his response was "thursday night"
yes his response was THURSDAY NIGHT, because tuesday night was already lost, and there is no point is burning out his starters who were already playing bad, just to try to scrape back into the game. he was thinking about thursday night is absolutely correct. now if you think his thinking was "i am thinking baout thursday night because we are going to win simply because we are at home" then i dont have words for how

no i better not, ill get booted from the board for what id like to say.

suffice to say that you would be wrong in thinking that pop is over confident simply because the spur swill be in san antonio, especially after a simple comment like "thursday night"

know that he would have done and said the same things no mater where the spurs next game was.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
yes his response was THURSDAY NIGHT, because tuesday night was already lost, and there is no point is burning out his starters who were already playing bad, just to try to scrape back into the game. he was thinking about thursday night is absolutely correct. now if you think his thinking was "i am thinking baout thursday night because we are going to win simply because we are at home" then i dont have words for how

no i better not, ill get booted from the board for what id like to say.

suffice to say that you would be wrong in thinking that pop is over confident simply because the spur swill be in san antonio, especially after a simple comment like "thursday night"

know that he would have done and said the same things no mater where the spurs next game was.
To me it sounded like he feels everything will be better because they will be home. We will see tonight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball