Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 03:02 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,048,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Serpent for 18Minutes View Post
LOL JJJoe your Dallas Cowboys, Rangers and Mavericks are chokers. Need I remind you of 06 and the 2 WS the Rangers coughed up.
I only remember 2011 when the Mavs destroyed the Heat on their own floor. Much like the Spurs did this year. Lebron is now 2/5 in championships. Hmmm. Not great...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 08:03 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,015,689 times
Quote:
The little spurs got lucky. They cheated in game 1, they had a cooling fan in their locker room and practiced playing in the heat before the finals.

LBJ is gonna come back with vengeance. Mark my words the defending champs will big3peat
lucky?
the spurs beat the heat by an average of 18 points. the heat won a single game by 2 points, and the spurs gave that game away on some missed free throws.

no luck involved that was a beating!
even your team is saying so. lebron and bosh telling the world the spurs are the best team they have ever seen!

oh oh wait, i think, could it be? yup there goes the bandwagon, better run to catch it

Old 06-17-2014, 09:22 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,787,089 times
Quote:
LOL JJJoe your Dallas Cowboys, Rangers and Mavericks are chokers. Need I remind you of 06 and the 2 WS the Rangers coughed up.
And when all else fails, go completely off topic.

Typical "T-word"...

Old 06-17-2014, 12:14 PM

77,737 posts, read 59,870,178 times
Lol...the troll is still reeling them in.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:16 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,787,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lol...the troll is still reeling them in.
Sometimes you have to humor them.

After all, it's the highlight of their day to receive attention on the internet from total strangers...

Old 06-17-2014, 02:15 PM

13,715 posts, read 31,005,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
I must say I was shocked by how this series went. I wasn't so surprised by the result, but just by the way the Spurs dominated the Heat in this series. They really put on a clinic on how to play the game of basketball. I was expecting a hotly contested battle that would go 7 games like last season. When the Heat jumped out to that big lead, I was expecting the Heat to cruise to a win last night and the next game to force a game 7, but kudos to the Spurs for coming back. They totally redeemed themselves from last year's debacle, and it was quite impressive how they overcame last year's failure to improve and avenge the Heat this year. They seem like such a classy organization, not to mention a role model for small-market teams who feel like they can't compete with the big boys. This sends a message to those teams that if you have the right coaching, players, team chemistry with well-defined roles, and continuity that you can build a champion.

I'm not so interested in what happens to the big 3 on the Heat. I'm more curious about if Tim Duncan is going to retire or not. The Spurs have made the playoffs in every season of his illustrious 17-year career. That's just astounding. I wonder if the Spurs can continue their playoff streak if he retires. I once heard someone say that you could team Duncan with 4 guys from your local YMCA and that team would make the playoffs. I'm not even a huge fan of Duncan's. I've seen him miss a lot of big shots and free throws over the years, and I've always thought Parker and Ginobili have always been more clutch. Duncan went 3-18 from the field in the game I saw him play in person. Of course, that would be unfair to judge a player on 1 game. Even so, I must admit I have always viewed him as overrated until I started looking at his career. You just can't deny the greatness of a guy who leads his team to the playoffs perennially. I think this 5th ring puts him in the top 10 greatest players of all-time.

Because the Spurs dominated this series with team play, it was a big question mark on who was going to win the Finals MVP. I think Kawhi Leonard was the most deserving. He played great defense on Lebron and is a productive young player who had a great season.
The Heat coach said:

"They played exquisite basketball this series and in particular these last three games and they are the better team. There's no other way to say it," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said."

Great description of the way the Spurs played. Any basketball fan, serious or casual, could see how the Spurs just did everything better in this series. It was a clinic on how to play NBA basketball.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:23 PM

6,840 posts, read 10,888,950 times
The Spurs shot only 60% from the free throw line in Game 2 and Kawhi Leonard wasn't playing aggressive. I think it's fair to say that the Spurs actually swept the Heat, since the Heat won their only game by a mere 2 points, and a team that's almost always 80% or above from the free throw line just had an off day.

I posted here back in November in the basketball forum to say that I thought at least 4-5 teams from the Western Conference could take care of the Heat in the best of seven NBA Finals this year and now I'm confident in that. Miami Heat? They were totally the Miami Cavaliers, and this isn't the first time, last year in the post season is when the "Miami Cavaliers" meme came about. Against Indiana and against San Antonio. The Spurs were the better team last year as well, they just folded in crunch time in Game 6.

I also remember saying Wade is in decline several months ago and was met by Heat boosters telling me "they're taking the Spurs approach and resting him". Just stop. The guy has been continuously injured since 2011, has had surgery the past two summers, and looks completely out of shape to play the way he did in 2006. He looks spent. I think the Heat pursuing Kyle Lowry is ideal, he'll give them a big four and will take the pressure off Wade.

Honestly though, LeBron already knows, "every team gets better every year" and this was most true this year. Unless they opt out to take less money, Miami's roster remodeling is going to be limited and teams like Golden State, Houston, Phoenix, Memphis, New Orleans, San Antonio, Toronto, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Portland keep getting better.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
The Spurs shot only 60% from the free throw line in Game 2 and Kawhi Leonard wasn't playing aggressive. I think it's fair to say that the Spurs actually swept the Heat, since the Heat won their only game by a mere 2 points, and a team that's almost always 80% or above from the free throw line just had an off day.

I posted here back in November in the basketball forum to say that I thought at least 4-5 teams from the Western Conference could take care of the Heat in the best of seven NBA Finals this year and now I'm confident in that. Miami Heat? They were totally the Miami Cavaliers, and this isn't the first time, last year in the post season is when the "Miami Cavaliers" meme came about. Against Indiana and against San Antonio. The Spurs were the better team last year as well, they just folded in crunch time in Game 6.

I also remember saying Wade is in decline several months ago and was met by Heat boosters telling me "they're taking the Spurs approach and resting him". Just stop. The guy has been continuously injured since 2011, has had surgery the past two summers, and looks completely out of shape to play the way he did in 2006. He looks spent. I think the Heat pursuing Kyle Lowry is ideal, he'll give them a big four and will take the pressure off Wade.

Honestly though, LeBron already knows, "every team gets better every year" and this was most true this year. Unless they opt out to take less money, Miami's roster remodeling is going to be limited and teams like Golden State, Houston, Phoenix, Memphis, New Orleans, San Antonio, Toronto, Los Angeles, Oklahoma City, Portland keep getting better.
If Rose get's healthy...with the cap space the Bulls have....Miami could be in trouble in the east let alone the west.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:29 AM

3,394 posts, read 6,040,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If Rose get's healthy...with the cap space the Bulls have....Miami could be in trouble in the east let alone the west.
As the team stands with a healthy Rose or a healthy Rose with another all-star caliber player?

Old 06-19-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
As the team stands with a healthy Rose or a healthy Rose with another all-star caliber player?
With a healthy rose plus (since I mentioned their salary cap space) at least one if not close to 2 big additions like Love and the Euro player.

Basically, replace Boozer with a major upgrade and get the replacement for Deng of at least equal skill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball