Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 05:41 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,583,792 times

Advertisements

I thought of taking the chicken's way out and making a prediction after first seeing game one. But what the heck.

If I was a betting man I'd go Heat in six games. It helps that the new format gives them a possible closeout game on their own floor. That's a hunch and I wouldn't be surprised if I was totally wrong. At the beginning of the 2014 playoffs I didn't think either team would make back to the Finals. So that shows how well my forecasting can be relied on.

The only reason I go with the Heat is I remember watching the end of game seven last year. For all of the Spurs talent I watched Duncan and Ginobli specifically make mental mistakes in the final mintues. Ginobli made a few costly mistakes in the final 3 minutes of game seven. Meanwhile LeBron made all the right plays. He hit key shots from the top of the box because the Spurs had zoned the paint up to keep him out.

In close games, and I think these games will be close, I like James and Wade more than anyone else on the other side. They are two of the best closers in the game. And they are on the same team. But I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up totally wrong. The Spurs are loaded with talent. And this may be the series where Leonard steps up takes his place has their best player. It could really go either way. And for that reason I KNOW this is going to be a good series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 PM

462 posts, read 427,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Playing against a bunch of softies means that earn more rest, among other things. In addition, you really don't need to go all out, just do enough of the little things to get the job done. There are definite advantages when entering the final stage. I won't hold that against the Heat, but it's the truth.
While the Heat did sweep the Bobcats, those weren't easy games for Miami. Charlotte played well. The Nets actually were less than a minute away from tying that semi-final series. The Heat won the final two games of that series by a combined seven points, including a big fourth quarter comeback in Game 5. You could say Miami simply outclassed the Pacers. That was lopsided.

You can say the East didn't have the quality of the West, but I wouldn't say the Heat were not tested in the playoffs. They were given resistance in the early rounds.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:33 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
While the Heat did sweep the Bobcats, those weren't easy games for Miami. Charlotte played well. The Nets actually were less than a minute away from tying that semi-final series. The Heat won the final two games of that series by a combined seven points, including a big fourth quarter comeback in Game 5. You could say Miami simply outclassed the Pacers. That was lopsided.

You can say the East didn't have the quality of the West, but I wouldn't say the Heat were not tested in the playoffs. They were given resistance in the early rounds.
so does that argument mean the east is better than people give it credit for, or does it mean the heat are not as good as they are given credit for?

this is a pretty good,detailed read.
Welcome to Heat-Spurs 2.0 «

Old 06-05-2014, 10:01 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
First to Four.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg-cEzyXvH8

Old 06-05-2014, 04:02 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
not so keen on the whole "you either win or you die" part of the video.

and at one point it almost looks like a lebron travel lol.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:10 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
From bleacherreport

Quote:
The 2014 NBA Finals between the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat is set to be a close series. The two best teams in the league will be squaring off.

Now, Facebook data shows that fans' allegiances are almost split down the middle as well. By our count, Facebook fans in 26 states prefer the Heat versus the 24 states that prefer the Spurs. Only time will tell how this series plays out!

Facebook Data Shows Pretty Even Results in 2014 NBA Finals Fanhood | Bleacher Report

Old 06-05-2014, 04:17 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times

Old 06-05-2014, 05:27 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
not so keen on the whole "you either win or you die" part of the video.
Probably came from the "Burn the Boats" Pat Riley speech about game 7s. It is a nice little story if you have not heard about it.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:27 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Heat only win tonight if

1. Chalmers, Haslem and battier are hitting their shots

OR

2. Wade and Bron both score over 30

Old 06-05-2014, 06:30 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
You know, this is a battle for the ages. I haven't seen finals hyped like this in a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball