Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2014, 11:16 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Somewhere Andrew Wiggins is sitting there wondering if he should be unpacking his suitcase.....and Kyrie Irving is bouncing up and down like Kevin Hart on crack.
LMAO...I do think Lebron will be healthy presence in the chemistry between Irving/Waiters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
I never blamed Cleveland fans for being mad at Lebron, he could by his own admission have handled it better.

However, I long felt that Cleveland fans should have directed more of their anger at their owners inability to build around Lebron....who did stay there 7 years after all.

Let's see if they learned anything.

They have the best player in the world and the luckiest accumulation of draft picks in NBA history. No excuses fellas.

Well, let's put it this way, the hatred for Lebron was nowhere near the hatred that a lot of Cleveland fans have and still do for the late Art Modell for moving the Browns. I'm long over that too, BTW, but a lot of fans aren't given the woes of the current Browns team (which I hope is coming to an end). At any rate, Lebron's apology letter was well stated, and so I say "welcome home." I won't reference him as a "King" but I'm happy that the positive vibe in this region continues.

And yes, Gilbert should have provided a little more help too. Will they win a championship immediately with this second go round? Not sure. I wouldn't necessarily say in the first year of him being back, but I think it immediately puts the Cavs into playoff talk.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:25 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
LMAO...I do think Lebron will be healthy presence in the chemistry between Irving/Waiters.
I sure Andrew Wiggins didn't think who would be on a championship contender in his rookie year, let alone playing right along side the best player in the NBA. I'm sure he is more excited than angry. This is probably the best thing to happen for Andrew Wiggins' career at this point as he will learn how to be a winner.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:27 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
It's going to be interesting to see how well the Miami fan base handles this. With LeBron gone and Bosh on his way out, wonder how much support this team will get going forward.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well, let's put it this way, the hatred for Lebron was nowhere near the hatred that a lot of Cleveland fans have and still do for the late Art Modell for moving the Browns. I'm long over that too, BTW, but a lot of fans aren't given the woes of the current Browns team (which I hope is coming to an end). At any rate, Lebron's apology letter was well stated, and so I say "welcome home." I won't reference him as a "King" but I'm happy that the positive vibe in this region continues.

And yes, Gilbert should have provided a little more help too. Will they win a championship immediately with this second go round? Not sure. I wouldn't necessarily say in the first year of him being back, but I think it immediately puts the Cavs into playoff talk.
It must be nice to be a Cleveland sports fan right now.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
It's going to be interesting to see how well the Miami fan base handles this. With LeBron gone and Bosh on his way out, wonder how much support this team will get going forward.
The Miami Heat will probably have the worst attendance in the league next season. Oh well, at least Dwyane Wade doesn't have to take a huge pay-cut with the Heat.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:39 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Being that Cleveland is the center of the universe right now with the Johnny Manziel hype, the RNC coming here, and now with Lebron, the only reason I'm OK with him coming back is to keep the positive vibe of this region going! If he doesn't come back, a lot of folks are going to be let down, and given the circus that was "The Decision" 4 years ago, why allow yourselves to be set up like that again? Basically if he comes back, then good. If he doesn't I will be one northeast Ohioan that will be over it. Too much good stuff going on in this region right now to let one person ruin it all.

At any rate, it looks like ESPN is indeed saying that Lebron has decided to "come home!"

Wow, I'm surprised. Perhaps it's 38 years on this earth as a Cleveland sports fan but I did not believe for a second he would re-sign with the Cavs.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about it. For sure, the team will be much, much improved and this will help many businesses located in downtown Cleveland but part of me is just turned off by the whole spectacle.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:40 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
now we know where lebron is going, we have a good idea where bosh lands (houston) but what about wade? suicide watch?

dude opted out of a massive deal, expecting to resign with miami along side lebron.
Miami will take care of Wade.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:46 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
Quote:
No offense but Clevelands owners have shown they have a talent for one thing....getting high draft picks.

Other than that they've made a host of bad trades and signings that have eaten up their cap space while being unable to attract much quality out of free agency.

Remember, a lot of free agency is a dog and pony show where agents and owners make each other look like they are doing something when really it's just being done to leverage value for the player or a favor to the team to keep the media off their back by showing them "trying" to get Melo, Lebron or whomever.

Frankly, there are a couple teams with players that are ready now that lebron could join and play with before his skills start to slide. By the time Wiggins etc. start playing good ball he'll be 32+.
I'd go point for point on your laughably ridiculous post, but I'll just let LeBron's decision speak for itself.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:52 AM

320 posts, read 539,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Wow, I'm surprised. Perhaps it's 38 years on this earth as a Cleveland sports fan but I did not believe for a second he would re-sign with the Cavs.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about it. For sure, the team will be much, much improved and this will help many businesses located in downtown Cleveland but part of me is just turned off by the whole spectacle.
If you're a Cleveland sports fan you should be feeling great about it. I guess you can call the last few weeks a spectacle and I wouldn't blame you from being turned off by it. But LeBron didn't perpetuate any of what has happened. It was generated almost entirely by the sports media machine who traditionally have little else to talk about during this time of year. If anything, I thought it was obvious that Lebron learned from what happened 4 years ago and did everything he could to keep this from being a spectacle. Cleveland sports fans should be about as happy as they've been in years. At least now there is some semblance of hope for one of their teams being able to win a championship. I doubt the Browns or Indians are going to be able to offer up any hope of that in the near future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball