Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:40 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
From Cleveland's perspective...Waiters, Bennett, Memphis #1 which could be unprotected in a year. This should get it done with Love's "I want to play with Lebron" comment. Its also all I would give up- if he picks up his option we may only have him for 2 seasons and then he bolts for LA.

If the Bulls are offering what they say they are- I don't think the Cavs offer trumps it, but let them trade away all of their talent for a two year rental.

For the Cavs...Waiters is a gone when his contract is up- but he's a nice guy to have in the meantime. Bennett loses minutues with Love here and that #1 pick could be a nice pick when the protections leave it.
2 year rental for the Bulls? Love joins the Bulls and you have a 48 win team without Rose, Love or Gasol last year.....it's not like Love will be missing the playoffs....more likely he'll be in the finals two years in a row.

P.S. If you are implying the Lakers are going to pull a Miami in 2 years and bring in Lebron, Love etc etc etc. don't hold your breath. I've been hearing this one for years and the only FA of consequence that went there was Dwight Howard....and he stayed 1 year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 10:01 AM

3,395 posts, read 2,802,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
2 year rental for the Bulls? Love joins the Bulls and you have a 48 win team without Rose, Love or Gasol last year.....it's not like Love will be missing the playoffs....more likely he'll be in the finals two years in a row.

P.S. If you are implying the Lakers are going to pull a Miami in 2 years and bring in Lebron, Love etc etc etc. don't hold your breath. I've been hearing this one for years and the only FA of consequence that went there was Dwight Howard....and he stayed 1 year.
I'm implying he's a West Coast guy from Oregon then to UCLA. Its how the GS rumors began. He will find his way back there.

Wouldn't shock me at all if the Bulls or Cavs get him win a title in a year or two and he heads to the West Coast. Not a good thing for the Cavs if Wiggins is dealt away. IMO this is holding up the deal more than anything. The TWolves demands aren't in line with this belief.

I don't think the Bulls are serious at all and this is just an attempt to get a soon to be rival to overpay and lose their bench in the process. I will take Lebron, Kyrie, a bunch a kids and a few veteran shooters and let's see who comes out of the West

Old 07-29-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I'm implying he's a West Coast guy from Oregon then to UCLA. Its how the GS rumors began. He will find his way back there.

Wouldn't shock me at all if the Bulls or Cavs get him win a title in a year or two and he heads to the West Coast. Not a good thing for the Cavs if Wiggins is dealt away. IMO this is holding up the deal more than anything. The TWolves demands aren't in line with this belief.

I don't think the Bulls are serious at all and this is just an attempt to get a soon to be rival to overpay and lose their bench in the process. I will take Lebron, Kyrie, a bunch a kids and a few veteran shooters and let's see who comes out of the West
All good points.

I think the kids might take 2 years or so before they are ready to get to the Finals, I'm not sure they even make it to the ECF this year, too many variables at this stage.

We'll just have to wait and see how the teams gel and who gets hurt.

The Bulls in particular are a 48 win team that added Gasol and Mirotic in particular....plus may have Rose around...that of course being the giant wildcard.

Old 07-29-2014, 02:30 PM

Fair point on the injury front Kyrie and Varajeo in particular. I'm scared to death of a Bulls team with a fully healed and better than ever D Rose plus the additions. I like Mirotic but feel he's been thrown out there in every trade rumor and its almost artificially inflated his value. Let's see him play in NBA before we call him Dirk. If both teams are healthy and play up to potential its a great series and I think D. Rose and Mirotic get better as the season progresses- I think the Cavs as a team get better by May as well.

Call me crazy but if the Cavs lose some of the guys I'm hearing for Love and deplete their bench- they just might be slightly better the next couple season and I believe worse off in 3/4/5 years.

I just don't see the competition the Cavs once had like the 2009 Magic or the 2010 Celts. AS it sits now you have Waiters and either Thompson or Bennett coming your bench versus Donyell Marshalls Wally Z's of the world. Mike Miller slightly better than a Boobie Gibson. Of course your starters Lebron never had a sidekick in Cleveland like Kyrie.

Could the Bulls beat them...absolutely. Who else you got? I just don't see it.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, not to mention that Taj Gibson is a solid starting PF and Mirotic would have been IMO the 4th or higher player in this draft.

Bulls made a very very strong offer for Love....lets see what Cleveland does.
If the Bulls have offered McDermott, Mirotic, and Gibson, I think that is too much, and hope that deal falls through. I can see offering two of the above, but not all three. Mirotic in particular I think has a sky high ceiling. Gibson provides continuity. If Rose can come back, the Bulls do not really need to add another guy who takes 18 shots per game.

Old 07-29-2014, 05:06 PM

346 posts, read 351,813 times
Looks like Love is going to Cleveland unless something else pops up. Cleveland would also have to part with Wiggins in the trade. I was never a fan of Kevin Love. To me, he's just a better shooting version of Charles Barkley. Great scorer, great rebounder, and good passer for a big man. But, not a good defender. But at the same time, it might be a good fit for Love since he can take a back seat to LeBron.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Fair point on the injury front Kyrie and Varajeo in particular. I'm scared to death of a Bulls team with a fully healed and better than ever D Rose plus the additions. I like Mirotic but feel he's been thrown out there in every trade rumor and its almost artificially inflated his value. Let's see him play in NBA before we call him Dirk. If both teams are healthy and play up to potential its a great series and I think D. Rose and Mirotic get better as the season progresses- I think the Cavs as a team get better by May as well.

Call me crazy but if the Cavs lose some of the guys I'm hearing for Love and deplete their bench- they just might be slightly better the next couple season and I believe worse off in 3/4/5 years.

I just don't see the competition the Cavs once had like the 2009 Magic or the 2010 Celts. AS it sits now you have Waiters and either Thompson or Bennett coming your bench versus Donyell Marshalls Wally Z's of the world. Mike Miller slightly better than a Boobie Gibson. Of course your starters Lebron never had a sidekick in Cleveland like Kyrie.

Could the Bulls beat them...absolutely. Who else you got? I just don't see it.
All excellent points.

Lots of question marks we just don't know about.

I think that until Love gets traded I'm just

Indy and Washington are wild cards, not sure just how quickly Cleveland will be able to absorb all the new pieces.

I guess that's why I'm so excited about the east this year, really just a lot of dynamics and potential for some just awesome match-ups. Last years eastern playoffs sucked.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
looks like its all but a done deal. wiggins, bennett, and a 2015 pick for love who will opt out and resign with the cavs for 5 years 120 mil.

Kevin Love trade -- Cleveland Cavaliers, Minnesota Timberwolves have agreement in place - ESPN

Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Glad Waiters wasn't included! Happy its only 1 first round pick- Cavs still have 1 maybe 2 First round picks next season.

Great deal for both teams especially considering Love is in Cleveland for 6 years.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:00 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,982,384 times
Quote:
Glad Waiters wasn't included! Happy its only 1 first round pick- Cavs still have 1 maybe 2 First round picks next season.

Great deal for both teams especially considering Love is in Cleveland for 6 years.
They need to move Waiters. I don't see a lineup with him, Irving, Lebron and Love working. And if he is unwilling to come off the bench, this will not be good. They can probably get a decent role player for Waiters. I would definitely trade him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball