Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:24 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While some people (with extreme rectal discomfort) might say that Houston won't get out of the first round even if they get Lebron.... Melo would at least make them a perennial 2nd round team with perhaps a finals appearance.

While I don't think they'd be a championship team, they'd at least be fairly tough with Melo IF they can get Harden and him to start thinking championship which means defense.
IMO melo is ZERO help to the rockets. scoring isnt what they were missing. defense was. morey is dead set on making a big splash and going after the biggest names every year. he got lucky with howard, and harden was laid in his lap, but he just hasnt figured out 2 key things to winning an nba title. defense and chemistry. you cant win without those 2 things, and the way he refuses to offer extensions, and will up and trade/drop anyone at any time to go after another big name doesnt build chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I don't follow the NBA very closely, but hasn't Melo been kind of a selfish cancer on all teams he played on? A me first player who is a black hole on the court? I hope he signs elsewhere.

I don't think Rockets are that far away. A 3 point bomber is affordable, and a defender. Oh and another center.
melo has been a cancer his whole career. hes a hell of an offensive talent, but he thinks defense is the thing all the illegals are climbing to get into texas right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 05:35 PM

thunder leading on landing pau gasol.
theyll likely have to do a sign and trade, as they dont have cap room to sign him outright.

i dont see pau fitting their game. hes a much better offensive player than perkins (whom i would expect to be in the trade) but his defense has always been suspect, and hes not a spring chiken to get out and run the floor with the entire rest of the team.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:44 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
thunder leading on landing pau gasol.
theyll likely have to do a sign and trade, as they dont have cap room to sign him outright.

i dont see pau fitting their game. hes a much better offensive player than perkins (whom i would expect to be in the trade) but his defense has always been suspect, and hes not a spring chiken to get out and run the floor with the entire rest of the team.
He's an average defender. I wouldn't say it's suspect.

Not sure how good a fit he is though. I think that's a bad move.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:48 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,983,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Please tell me the Cavs aren't offering Gordon Hayward 15m a year!
The Cavs aren't offering Gordon Hayward 15m a year. Okay, I'm lying.

Y! SPORTS

The NBA owners are just horrible. No way he deserves that. If he gets that deal people like Trevor Ariza and Chandler Parsons will get even more.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Jeremy Lin ✔ @JLin7
Follow
Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them
lin already lost his spot and melo hasnt even signed with anyone yet.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 PM

patty mills agrees to 3 years 12 mil with spurs.
a little more than i wanted but if his shoulder comes back healthy its a decent deal.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:09 PM

462 posts, read 427,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
IMO melo is ZERO help to the rockets. scoring isnt what they were missing. defense was. morey is dead set on making a big splash and going after the biggest names every year. he got lucky with howard, and harden was laid in his lap, but he just hasnt figured out 2 key things to winning an nba title. defense and chemistry. you cant win without those 2 things, and the way he refuses to offer extensions, and will up and trade/drop anyone at any time to go after another big name doesnt build chemistry.

melo has been a cancer his whole career. hes a hell of an offensive talent, but he thinks defense is the thing all the illegals are climbing to get into texas right now.

Melo hasn't been a cancer. Who told you that?

Old 07-02-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild100s View Post
Melo hasn't been a cancer. Who told you that?
Ummm I've watched basketball for decades, I know a cancer when I see one.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balddude View Post
As a Bucks fan, I'm a little surprised. I didn't expect them to pick him but I'm happy for Kidd. I think he will improve to be a very good head coach. He should be able to be a good mentor to Jabari Parker. People say his coaching was kind of crappy but he ended up sending the Nets to the playoffs plus he's been in the NBA for like 20 years or some ridiculously high number like that. If that isn't enough experience, I don't know what is.

Point Guards are basically the coach on the court, they are responsible for setting up the offense which makes it easy for them to transition into being a Head Coach.
When do the Jason Kidd Wife Beaters come out for sale? or maybe the Bucks can host Wife Beater night, the first DUI fans get an autographed wife beater.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
I think Pau could be great for the Thunder as long as his body can hold up. Anybody but Perkins pretty much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball