Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:06 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, they don't have anybody that can defend other than Bosh and Deng at this stage.

Wade's declining knees were most noticable on his defense.

I don't see Miami faring well against Cleveland at this current roster position.
Birdman, Rio and Cole are pretty good defenders also. And the rookie James Ennis is showing a lot of promise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 06:09 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,087 times
Quote:
Judging by ticket sales it looks like the real Miami fans will probably reclaim a lot of seats.

With that said, I suspect more cheers than boos....he did win a championship or two for them.

I think most of the negativity is coming from the bandwagon segment and they are already moving on to something else.
It in all likelihood will be many more cheers than boos. I know Riley was not happy with him but I imagine the Heat will do some video montage for him as well and there will be only cheers for that.

As for how the crowds will be this year, prices will certainly be down for the first time in a while which like you said will allow more fans, and less people who just want to be "seen" there go to games. But with Wade and Bosh still here + Deng as long as they stay competitive crowds will continue to be good, and the atmosphere might be even better with more real fans and less "want to be seen" people at the games.

I am excited for the season. Obviously I am not expecting a Finals win or anything but I am expecting a competitive and very motivated Heat team.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:14 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
The Heat were a playoff team before Lebron & Bosh, so even with Wade's decline, the other additions over the past four years will keep them competitive.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:49 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,801,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The Heat were a playoff team before Lebron & Bosh, so even with Wade's decline, the other additions over the past four years will keep them competitive.
Competitive maybe, but Vegas thinks they are 75/1 to win a championship this coming season. They were 5/2 before LeBron left.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:45 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
It in all likelihood will be many more cheers than boos. I know Riley was not happy with him but I imagine the Heat will do some video montage for him as well and there will be only cheers for that.

As for how the crowds will be this year, prices will certainly be down for the first time in a while which like you said will allow more fans, and less people who just want to be "seen" there go to games. But with Wade and Bosh still here + Deng as long as they stay competitive crowds will continue to be good, and the atmosphere might be even better with more real fans and less "want to be seen" people at the games.

I am excited for the season. Obviously I am not expecting a Finals win or anything but I am expecting a competitive and very motivated Heat team.
I agree with all of that.

I'm a big fan of Deng, talk about "making it"...wow.

Also, huge respect for him playing for England in the Olympics and his rationale even though the Bulls were telling him not too.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Birdman, Rio and Cole are pretty good defenders also. And the rookie James Ennis is showing a lot of promise.
Not to poke a sore spot but Miami lost thier best defender by far in Lebron and they were the 11th rated defensive team last year.

I'm just saying that's going to be a problem area.

IMO part of that was due to injury. Not just Wade either, but other guys like Birdman were def. not 100%.

100+ game seasons year after year...the price you pay for success.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Competitive maybe, but Vegas thinks they are 75/1 to win a championship this coming season. They were 5/2 before LeBron left.
East is a giant crap shoot this year, still hinging on if K. Love moves and if D. Rose is healthy.

If both of those occur, Miami won't make it to the ECF but could be a 2nd rounder and we ALLLLLL want to see a Clev-Miami playoffs.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:58 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,989,467 times
Quote:
East is a giant crap shoot this year, still hinging on if K. Love moves and if D. Rose is healthy.

If both of those occur, Miami won't make it to the ECF but could be a 2nd rounder and we ALLLLLL want to see a Clev-Miami playoffs.
As long as the Spurs don't make it to the finals again than I'm happy.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:22 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,010 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DUiOM9JkQQ

Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
As long as the Spurs don't make it to the finals again than I'm happy.
IMO their biggest threat is old age....but heck....that's a reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball