Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times

Advertisements

Dallas Mavericks point guard Raymond Felton pleaded guilty to felony charges for having a gun that has more than 10 rounds in his home.

Quote:
About a week after Felton's law student wife filed for divorce, her attorney brought a loaded semi-automatic handgun to a police precinct and said it was Felton's and she wanted it out of the house, authorities said. Walden has said Felton never threatened anyone with the gun.

After police contacted Felton, he turned himself in shortly after a Mavericks-Knicks game at Madison Square Garden.

Felton was charged under a state law that bans many large-capacity ammunition magazines. Prosecutors said Felton's could hold about 20 rounds.
Raymond Felton of Dallas Mavericks pleads guilty in gun case, spared jail - ESPN Dallas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 12:12 PM

792 posts, read 634,463 times
I hate the NBA culture. It's all, "me me me, I'm so great" and these players think they can do whatever they want. Most of the big names are pompous and arrogant, but when someone touches them on the court, they flop like a fish.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
I hate the NBA culture. It's all, "me me me, I'm so great" and these players think they can do whatever they want. Most of the big names are pompous and arrogant, but when someone touches them on the court, they flop like a fish.
Not all of them are like that and so what if they are if they aren't hurting anyone. This guy's wife vindictively took the gun that she most likely always knew about and was fine with having in their home out of their home and turn it into police right after she filed for divorce. The man never had a criminal record before this, he never threatened anyone with the gun, and didn't have the gun on his person. It was in his home while he was not there. All he did wrong was to own a gun that held 10 extra bullets...

Old 07-25-2014, 12:28 PM

792 posts, read 634,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Not all of them are like that and so what if they are if they aren't hurting anyone. This guy's wife vindictively took the gun that she most likely always knew about and was fine with having in their home out of their home and turn it into police right after she filed for divorce. The man never had a criminal record before this, he never threatened anyone with the gun, and didn't have the gun on his person. It was in his home while he was not there. All he did wrong was to own a gun that held 10 extra bullets...
I'm sure the jury will take into account that it really was a minor offense. I was just ranting about the NBA. I don't think Felton deserves jail time or anything, he should probably just get a fine and a warning or probation.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockeyfan View Post
I'm sure the jury will take into account that it really was a minor offense. I was just ranting about the NBA. I don't think Felton deserves jail time or anything, he should probably just get a fine and a warning or probation.
It's a felony in NY. He plead to a felon.

Between the travelers at airports being arrested and charged with felonies for trying to check their guns in.

To a single mom who had a conceal weapons permit being arrested on felony weapons possession charges after being pulled over for a simple traffic violation in Maryland. Not knowing any better, she volunteered the information that she had a conceal carry permit from her home state and a firearm on her, and then she was promptly arrested.

Now this NBA player who didn't have a record beforehand who had a gun in his home that held more than 10 rounds has just became a felon.

You all then wonder why gun owners are against what you all call "common sense gun laws." they make criminals and felons out on honest people.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:04 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Why is this post in the politics forum?

Old 07-25-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Why is this post in the politics forum?
"Politics and Other Controversies" That is why.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Dallas Mavericks point guard Raymond Felton pleaded guilty to felony charges for having a gun that has more than 10 rounds in his home.

Raymond Felton of Dallas Mavericks pleads guilty in gun case, spared jail - ESPN Dallas
So it appears now it is bad or evil to just own a gun?? Just ridiculous. Who cares how many rounds were in it. The wife and her lawyer are after piles of money. Pathetic. No sympathy for the evil NBA players but I hate layers worse.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:13 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
It's a felony in NY. He plead to a felon.

Between the travelers at airports being arrested and charged with felonies for trying to check their guns in.

To a single mom who had a conceal weapons permit being arrested on felony weapons possession charges after being pulled over for a simple traffic violation in Maryland. Not knowing any better, she volunteered the information that she had a conceal carry permit from her home state and a firearm on her, and then she was promptly arrested.

Now this NBA player who didn't have a record beforehand who had a gun in his home that held more than 10 rounds has just became a felon.

You all then wonder why gun owners are against what you all call "common sense gun laws." they make criminals and felons out on honest people.
Dumbest law ever tossed out by folks. Ten rounds evil..........six just fine? lol

Old 07-25-2014, 01:13 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Quote:

Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball