Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 05:23 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Mirotic has been contributing in spite of struggling with his 3 pt shooting. He's only at .310 after averaging over 40 pct in his euro career. I expect he will work on it in the off season and come back ready in 2015-16. The strength of his inside work has been a surprise--I would have guessed that his perimeter game would come naturally and his inside game would require patience.

He's going to be an all star for years to come. Lose the full beard--it is detrimental to the cooling system. The beard is fine if you're a mountain man trying to retain heat, but if you're an NBA player playing in a heated gym, it's working against you.
Euro 3pt range is different, but he's a shooter....like you said he'll figure that out in the off season.

Beard has got to go. Not a problem when you aren't playing starter minutes....but his minutes are on the uptick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 09:03 AM

1,492 posts, read 1,617,096 times
The Bulls had an easy win over the Knicks. The starters all got some extra rest and Butler, Gasol and Mirotic continue to play well.

Coming up are the Bucks and Pistons, before the Cleveland game on April 5th. I think the Cleveland game will be a great one!

Old 03-29-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
The Bulls had an easy win over the Knicks. The starters all got some extra rest and Butler, Gasol and Mirotic continue to play well.

Coming up are the Bucks and Pistons, before the Cleveland game on April 5th. I think the Cleveland game will be a great one!
In what could sometimes be a meaningless game played mostly by their benches....the Bulls vs. Cleveland match-up could be playoff intensity if it decides who is #2/#3 seed and thus the other has to fight through Atlanta to reach the ECF.

Both teams remaining schedules are fairly soft except for the Bulls having to play at Atlanta the last game of the season but Atlanta might just be resting guys, who knows.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:16 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,617,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
In what could sometimes be a meaningless game played mostly by their benches....the Bulls vs. Cleveland match-up could be playoff intensity if it decides who is #2/#3 seed and thus the other has to fight through Atlanta to reach the ECF.

Both teams remaining schedules are fairly soft except for the Bulls having to play at Atlanta the last game of the season but Atlanta might just be resting guys, who knows.
I think the Bulls should go into the playoffs in great shape.

Plus, I heard on Chicago sports radio today that Derrick Rose had participated in 4 on 4 contact practice anda 5 on 5 practice. Barring a setback, he is expected to be back in some role (limited minutes?) before the end of the season.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
I think the Bulls should go into the playoffs in great shape.

Plus, I heard on Chicago sports radio today that Derrick Rose had participated in 4 on 4 contact practice anda 5 on 5 practice. Barring a setback, he is expected to be back in some role (limited minutes?) before the end of the season.
The Bulls young guys have stepped up and with Noah, Gibson, Butler back....they should be a threat.

At least the team will be 90% which will at least give them a punching chance to make some noise before being eliminated and then they can build off that.

Mirotics development adds a whole other dimension as well. Can you imagine him next year if he finds his range from 3-point line and is more adjusted to the NBA? I tell you right now I wouldn't trade him straight up for Kevin Love. Kid is still finding his upside.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Bulls are the wild card going into the playoffs. If Noah, Gasol, Gibson, and Mirotic are all healthy that is going to be a nightmare matchup for any team. OHOH the Bulls projected win total of 49 games in the regular season does not bode well.

I think the BUlls have a chance even without Rose due to their depth.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:55 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Bulls are the wild card going into the playoffs. If Noah, Gasol, Gibson, and Mirotic are all healthy that is going to be a nightmare matchup for any team. OHOH the Bulls projected win total of 49 games in the regular season does not bode well.

I think the BUlls have a chance even without Rose due to their depth.
As a Cavs fan, I want no part of the Bulls in the second round- and I think going into the playoffs the Cavs and Bulls are 1 and 2. I'm still not convinced with Atlanta and the Cavs seem to play Toronto well. Its the Indianas and Miamis of the world we need to watch out for.

But I will stand by my statement I made before the season. Rose needs to be in MVP form for the Bulls to win it all and now it seems like maybe Noah has to show a little more. Note I have watched just a large handful of Bulls games this year. I know Butler and Mirotic have played really well. I actually think the Bulls depth would have helped them more through injuries this year and when the bench shortens come playoff time its less of a factor.

As its stands now, most of the title contenders if not all have guys 6-8 or 9 that can come off the bench and fill a role.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
As a Cavs fan, I want no part of the Bulls in the second round- and I think going into the playoffs the Cavs and Bulls are 1 and 2. I'm still not convinced with Atlanta and the Cavs seem to play Toronto well. Its the Indianas and Miamis of the world we need to watch out for.

But I will stand by my statement I made before the season. Rose needs to be in MVP form for the Bulls to win it all and now it seems like maybe Noah has to show a little more. Note I have watched just a large handful of Bulls games this year. I know Butler and Mirotic have played really well. I actually think the Bulls depth would have helped them more through injuries this year and when the bench shortens come playoff time its less of a factor.

As its stands now, most of the title contenders if not all have guys 6-8 or 9 that can come off the bench and fill a role.
Good points, the Bulls depth did help them but unfortunately they had several stretches where they had 3 starters.

We'll see. Sadly, I'm somewhat happy that they are only partially banged up instead of utterly decimated by injury lol.

I still think Atlanta is the team to beat. Cleveland is improving but has too many scorers and not enough defenders but that might not catch up to them until the ECF or the Finals....Bulls have erratic scoring and injury issues....let's see how the chips fall.

I'm expecting an embarassing butt-whupping from the west in the finals again this year....whomever makes it. However, maybe someone get's hot near the end like Dallas did a couple years back. They just blasted Miami to pieces with 3-pointers that finals.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:48 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good points, the Bulls depth did help them but unfortunately they had several stretches where they had 3 starters.

We'll see. Sadly, I'm somewhat happy that they are only partially banged up instead of utterly decimated by injury lol.

I still think Atlanta is the team to beat. Cleveland is improving but has too many scorers and not enough defenders but that might not catch up to them until the ECF or the Finals....Bulls have erratic scoring and injury issues....let's see how the chips fall.

I'm expecting an embarassing butt-whupping from the west in the finals again this year....whomever makes it. However, maybe someone get's hot near the end like Dallas did a couple years back. They just blasted Miami to pieces with 3-pointers that finals.
I can see the Bulls with locked in Rose and Mirotic/Butler keeping the pace beating anyone in the West and the Cavs have just gone on a 14-1 stretch against Western Conference foes including beating the Mavs, Clips, Spurs, and Griz ON THE ROAD.

My deal with Atlanta if they play like they did mid season sure. Have they played at that level recently? I don't see the same team. You can say the Bulls aren't trending as well either 23-18 since Jan. 1, but they are getting key guys back.

Old 04-03-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I can see the Bulls with locked in Rose and Mirotic/Butler keeping the pace beating anyone in the West and the Cavs have just gone on a 14-1 stretch against Western Conference foes including beating the Mavs, Clips, Spurs, and Griz ON THE ROAD.

My deal with Atlanta if they play like they did mid season sure. Have they played at that level recently? I don't see the same team. You can say the Bulls aren't trending as well either 23-18 since Jan. 1, but they are getting key guys back.
That's always the tough part of analyzing teams headed into the playoffs.

You have teams coasting, resting players, injuries....just a lot of noise. Without going through game after game and seeing who was playing a full squad, which games were back to backs etc it's hard to get a real good bead on things.

I frankly think that Atlanta has been resting up.

Bulls went 23-18 playing most of those with 2-3 of their best players out but again, those guys aren't going to be 100% for the playoffs and the the discontinuity has wrecked their team synergy as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think Cleveland could make the Finals, I just still favor Atlanta a bit. However neither of those teams is IMO immune to the Bulls taking them out in a series upset so there's the wildcard.

I just don't see Atlanta or Cleveland etc. beating whomever wins the West.

Let's face it, finals losses is NOT the ultimate goal for any of the top teams in the east.

P.S. The nice thing is that we don't have to speculate much more...and my opinion is worth zero on the court lol. Looking forward to seeing some compelling eastern conf. series for the first time in years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball