Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2019, 08:36 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,617,096 times

Advertisements

They also shut down Lauri tonight for "extreme fatigue" for the game against the Trail Blazers.

The Bulls ended up starting Harrison, Selden, Sampson, Blakeney and Lopez. I decided to watch at least part of the game to see what some of these "deep bench" guy might show people tonight. However, after a while I ended up switching the game off. The Bulls were just not that good.

Assuming Lopez leave in free agency, all of the players that started for the Bulls tonight not even be on the team next year.

On a "fun" note, this was one of the better games I have seen Felicio play. It sort of strange that he and Lopez were the only active Bulls listed as over 6'6".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 12:34 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
I figure Markkanen probably lost conditioning due to the early season injury and now has hit the wall as a result. He was up over .400 in 3 point shooting there for a while, I think maybe in Jan. Now he's down to .361. Last year he shot .362--wrong direction.

I've thought for a long time that the Bulls do a poor job in managing injuries and physiology. They had a very nice roster in 2014 when they brought in Gasol, but the whole thing blew up due to injuries.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I figure Markkanen probably lost conditioning due to the early season injury and now has hit the wall as a result. He was up over .400 in 3 point shooting there for a while, I think maybe in Jan. Now he's down to .361. Last year he shot .362--wrong direction.

I've thought for a long time that the Bulls do a poor job in managing injuries and physiology. They had a very nice roster in 2014 when they brought in Gasol, but the whole thing blew up due to injuries.
I completely agree with both statements. The Bulls medical staff has been questionable for a long, long time.

At this point, I am just waiting for the results of the draft lottery on May 14th, hoping for a little luck. I would love it if the Bulls could get either the 1rst or 2nd pick and would be happy with the 3rd. I think the value of the players after the first 3 spots are not as clear. This group of Bulls with either Zion or Morant would be fun to watch.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
I completely agree with both statements. The Bulls medical staff has been questionable for a long, long time.

At this point, I am just waiting for the results of the draft lottery on May 14th, hoping for a little luck. I would love it if the Bulls could get either the 1rst or 2nd pick and would be happy with the 3rd. I think the value of the players after the first 3 spots are not as clear. This group of Bulls with either Zion or Morant would be fun to watch.
I agree; although I do not watch much college ball, there seems to be a drop-off this year after #1 and #2. I'm not even convinced of how good Morant or Zion will be in the NBA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Morant right now seems like another Steve Francis? He was a pretty good player for a while, but never #1 or #2 good IMO. He averaged 18 pts/game and 6 assists on .429 fg% over his career.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:18 AM

4,935 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Tired of Reinsdorf not wanting to fire anyone, which he is notorious for.
This team hasn't sniffed a title since...you know when.

The Gar/Pax combo has been such a failure, they mine as well bring back Rose.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Tired of Reinsdorf not wanting to fire anyone, which he is notorious for.
This team hasn't sniffed a title since...you know when.

The Gar/Pax combo has been such a failure, they mine as well bring back Rose.
I would have agreed a few years ago, but there are some good things going on with the Bulls.

A few years ago, some of their drafts combined with the signing or Rondo and Wade combined to bring the Bulls to their real low point, as Gar/Pax seemed to have not vision for the future or real understanding of the talent on the team.

However, recently they have pulled off a solid trade (Butler) and a FA signing (Porter). Plust, they finally fired Fred Hoiberg and the JIm Boylen is working better than I had hoped. Some of their draft picks like Portis, Markkanen and Wendel Carter Jr have turned out to be solid players and their is a lot of hope for this years draft pick.

I am not sold on bringing back Rose, despite the hype of the recent documentary.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:45 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
I would have agreed a few years ago, but there are some good things going on with the Bulls.

A few years ago, some of their drafts combined with the signing or Rondo and Wade combined to bring the Bulls to their real low point, as Gar/Pax seemed to have not vision for the future or real understanding of the talent on the team.

However, recently they have pulled off a solid trade (Butler) and a FA signing (Porter). Plust, they finally fired Fred Hoiberg and the JIm Boylen is working better than I had hoped. Some of their draft picks like Portis, Markkanen and Wendel Carter Jr have turned out to be solid players and their is a lot of hope for this years draft pick.

I am not sold on bringing back Rose, despite the hype of the recent documentary.
Bobby Portis is gone. Was traded to Washington in the Otto Porter Jr. deal.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I'm sure the poster is aware, but the point is that the Bulls have drafted decently in recent times. Portis is a restricted free agent, so it's possible the Bulls will even try to get him back. If you look at his per 36 minute numbers last year, they were actually quite good:
21 pts/36 min and 10.9 rebounds. This year slightly down from that, but OTOH he shot .403 in 3s.

Plus the good thing about Portis is that he didn't carp about coming off the bench behind Markannen. Probably he won't want to come back to the Bulls, but they're going to have to somewhere come up with another big to replace him.

Old 04-19-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
As "Travis T" noted, Portis was a good pick for the Bulls, especially when picking # 22. The fact they later traded his does not make him a bad draft pick at all.

As an example, if the Bulls trade Markkanen for Anthony Davis (I know it is not likely) it would not make Markkanen a bad draft pick.

Old 04-20-2019, 11:58 AM

4,935 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
However, recently they have pulled off a solid trade (Butler)

Why would a team trade away an all-star, when the best outcome is to hope you can replace him via the draft?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball