Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 01:12 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Most teams don't have the scoring firepower Cleveland has, so they really don't need a "sparkplug" type scorer when they can constantly have 2 of the big 3 on the court at any time.

I agree that they've hurt Dion's value because tbh....he's not playing because of his defense....and that means he's not willing to work at it and\or be coachable as this is his 3rd year in the league.

However, I was never sure he had a TON of trade value to begin with and as mentioned they can always throw in a 1st rounder with him....they have tons of picks to trade.

I'd bet a fairly large sum that you will see Cleveland involved in at least one fairly major trade before the deadline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Cavs on Rebounding...

While the Cavs know they have an abundance of talent, they are still figuring how it will go together, what type of team they'll be, how they'll win.
After the Cavaliers dominated the glass 64-36 against Maccabi, James declared: "We shouldn't lose a rebounding game [all season]."
Maybe that will be their calling card.
Where did you go? Seriously, if Cleveland pulls it together with some trades or whatnot this year or next....there is no rock you can crawl under and still post here without constant ridicule.

Might as go create a new ID now.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:04 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Where did you go? Seriously, if Cleveland pulls it together with some trades or whatnot this year or next....there is no rock you can crawl under and still post here without constant ridicule.

Might as go create a new ID now.
I'm here...busy working that's all...what's surprising? We've let teams shoot the ball well. Its early. You, me, the tree and everyone else said it would be a period of adjustment. I think it takes place later this Winter when the parts gets their assignments down, and Lebron plays like he's healthy or goes playoff mode whatever it is at this point.

You can't deny the fact that the Cavs have the pieces to score and rebound. Right now its missed assignments and guys finding roles on the offensive end- issues that cripple teams- but what the Cavs are 11-7?

Is the talent there...yes. I'm leaning on that...Can I take you back to the game where Thompson owned your boys on the glass.

Cavs seem to be rounding into shape. My fear was the Bulls would run out of the gate. Seem to be limping again at this point (no pun intended).

Old 12-08-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
I'm here...busy working that's all...what's surprising? We've let teams shoot the ball well. Its early. You, me, the tree and everyone else said it would be a period of adjustment. I think it takes place later this Winter when the parts gets their assignments down, and Lebron plays like he's healthy or goes playoff mode whatever it is at this point.

You can't deny the fact that the Cavs have the pieces to score and rebound. Right now its missed assignments and guys finding roles on the offensive end- issues that cripple teams- but what the Cavs are 11-7?

Is the talent there...yes. I'm leaning on that...Can I take you back to the game where Thompson owned your boys on the glass.

Cavs seem to be rounding into shape. My fear was the Bulls would run out of the gate. Seem to be limping again at this point (no pun intended).
You know if you just click on the posters name you can see their entire chronological posting history.

We've been having some nice non-troll adult basketball conversations here during your "busy time" so I'm just going to keep doing that.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:14 PM

So I had better things...your point?

I also took your advice...SURPRISE...let things form and take shape. I was correctly put in my place when I pointed out the Cavs/Bulls game during Halloween. Its early...yada yada. Okay I see that. Its fun to make bold predictions and put a 48 minute game under a microscope even if there are 80+ games left. I don't have the time or patience to copy and paste. Equally no time or patience to check up on others posting hisotry and "trolling".

So I left for five weeks. The Cavs were 5-7 and have won six straight two games of note over Eastern Conference foes that are having good years. One in particular that I severely underestimated (Toronto). Different team over the last two three weeks, but this is what you will see with the 14-15 Cavs much like you saw with the 10-11 Heat- they are similar teams, although I've stated and (also maintain by the way) this Cavs team is a better team than the 10-11 Heat.

You seem to meander quite a bit and get off track in arguments. You don't like when others challenge your opinions either- that's human nature I guess. So why waste time. Just my observation and .02.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
So I had better things...your point?

I also took your advice...SURPRISE...let things form and take shape. I was correctly put in my place when I pointed out the Cavs/Bulls game during Halloween. Its early...yada yada. Okay I see that. Its fun to make bold predictions and put a 48 minute game under a microscope even if there are 80+ games left. I don't have the time or patience to copy and paste. Equally no time or patience to check up on others posting hisotry and "trolling".

So I left for five weeks. The Cavs were 5-7 and have won six straight two games of note over Eastern Conference foes that are having good years. One in particular that I severely underestimated (Toronto). Different team over the last two three weeks, but this is what you will see with the 14-15 Cavs much like you saw with the 10-11 Heat- they are similar teams, although I've stated and (also maintain by the way) this Cavs team is a better team than the 10-11 Heat.

You seem to meander quite a bit and get off track in arguments. You don't like when others challenge your opinions either- that's human nature I guess. So why waste time. Just my observation and .02.
I was pointing out the factual opponent FG% showing that the defense was limiting defensive rebounds and that was artificially hurting Clevelands rebound ranking. If anything....that's defending their rebounding abilities and just the last day or two I said I expect them to be in the ECF but don't think any team in the east is currently playing well enough to win the finals.

You come rolling in and jump me over Thompson having a good rebounding night in a single OT game vs. the Bulls.

See, this is why we can't have nice conversations.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:26 PM

Sorry I don't read your posts anymore. You called me out I spoke. End of story. Go Cavs. Big game this week vs. OKC>

Old 12-10-2014, 09:55 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Dion may be entering his first hot stretch of the season.

He tends to have two or three short stretches a season where his shooting stats go from way below the league average to somewhat above the league average.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:23 AM

Dion needs a routine and a role. I thought it was a mistake starting him at the beginning of the year. He's had a rough spot- tough shooting early. The other factor early on we where force feeding the 5 spot. I love Andy and Thompson but aside from Andy having a nice hook- they are garbage point putback players (on this team at least) I don't want them shooting a ton of elbow jumpers like they were early on.

Dion needs to be the 6th guy off the bench and play a good chunk of his minutes when Kyrie and/or Love are on the bench.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:41 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Dion may be entering his first hot stretch of the season.

He tends to have two or three short stretches a season where his shooting stats go from way below the league average to somewhat above the league average.
In the last two games (back-to-back nights), he shot a combined 18-for-31 for 44 points and just 1 turnover. It's nice to see finally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball