Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:47 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times

Advertisements

Welp, a lot of folks liked to put Lebron's losing on Bosh. When anyone brought up the Heat being stacked, many would claim that Bosh was little more than a average PF at best. With Lebron gone, he's now putting up 24.2ppg/10.3rpg/2.7apg. Not bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 10:27 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Everybody in Toronto knew he was a fine player. But anybody playing with Lebron is going to be taking a back seat. Now he's stepping up to help fill the void and showing you Yanks what we Canucks already knew.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:55 PM

78,406 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Bosh didn't play well in the finals last year, but he is a huge talent.

Frankly, I'd rather have him than Love who got all the fanfare (for good reason) in the off-season....only because Bosh is the better defender. (Both are of course, awesome players.)

Old 11-09-2014, 07:16 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Sometimes less is more. Miami might have been better off with a plow horse to team w/ LBJ and Wade instead of a racehorse like Bosh. I always say that the Bulls changed from being a very good team to a great team when they replaced Horace Grant with Dennis Rodman. Grant was by far more skilled on offense, but Rodman did not care about getting field goal attempts. That left more for room for Pippen, Jordan, and not to mention guys like Kukoc, Paxon, and Kerr.

95-96 when the Bulls first got Rodman was when they had their 72 win season. I wonder if Cleveland will not face the same issue. I suppose one good thing for Cleveland is that LBJ, Love, and Irving all have different strengths and thus could complement each other. But if I were the Cleveland GM I would have been looking to bring in an Omer Asik instead of a Kevin Love.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:23 PM

612 posts, read 843,755 times
That's the NBA game that's played by casuals and the media. Miami Cavaliers, fast-forward to post-LeBron, history's re-written, Bosh always had it, etc, etc. It'll be the same thing this year when Cleveland really gels, how they were always the best team in the East, yet most ppl right now are saying Chicago's the best in the East. Just laugable

Old 11-09-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
That's the NBA game that's played by casuals and the media. Miami Cavaliers, fast-forward to post-LeBron, history's re-written, Bosh always had it, etc, etc. It'll be the same thing this year when Cleveland really gels, how they were always the best team in the East, yet most ppl right now are saying Chicago's the best in the East. Just laugable
How about addressing all those Laker predictions you made and all the fuss you threw when people told you things you didn't want to hear?

Old 11-10-2014, 07:35 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,059,006 times
Can we add Wade to this conversation? Have the critics been silenced yet? It's still early, lot of season to play, but like I said numerous times there are just as many question marks on Rose as there are on Wade, but everyone treats Rose like the return of the prodigal son, while Wade is a has-been.

19.7 PPG on 50% with a better than career average 6.9 AST a game. He's doing it at both ends as player and Captain.

Just like Bosh had a different role last year, people forget Wade did too. His job was double penetration. Now he can go back to playing his game. In 2004 to 2010 he was averaging just under 7 assists a game (6.98)... the time with LeBron that dropped to 4.75 assists a game. Wade's role was penetration. He got the ball towards the end of the possession with the intent on getting inside. That hurt his numbers and his knees.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
I will wait until the season goes forward. Wade is a great player but his knees will have to hold up longer for me to get on his bandwagon again.

As for Bosh, he sacrificed his game to fit in there. Now that he is the main player, he can play his game and he is showing how good he can be. I actually think he's better than he was when he was Toronto. He has more range on his jumper, a much better defender and he is a lot more assertive now.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
Can we add Wade to this conversation? Have the critics been silenced yet? It's still early, lot of season to play, but like I said numerous times there are just as many question marks on Rose as there are on Wade, but everyone treats Rose like the return of the prodigal son, while Wade is a has-been.

19.7 PPG on 50% with a better than career average 6.9 AST a game. He's doing it at both ends as player and Captain.

Just like Bosh had a different role last year, people forget Wade did too. His job was double penetration. Now he can go back to playing his game. In 2004 to 2010 he was averaging just under 7 assists a game (6.98)... the time with LeBron that dropped to 4.75 assists a game. Wade's role was penetration. He got the ball towards the end of the possession with the intent on getting inside. That hurt his numbers and his knees.
The ONLY knock on Wade would be health....considering he's for many years been one of the best players in the NBA. Looooong season ahead, I hope he stays healthy but we'll see.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:27 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Welp, a lot of folks liked to put Lebron's losing on Bosh. When anyone brought up the Heat being stacked, many would claim that Bosh was little more than a average PF at best. With Lebron gone, he's now putting up 24.2ppg/10.3rpg/2.7apg. Not bad.
Last time I checked, the Miami Heat has one of the best records in the eastern conference right now, without Lebron James on the team. Chris bosh is having one of his best seasons ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball