Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:47 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times

Advertisements

Reminded of this as I bump old posts, I've made some hella-bad predictions on occasion so let's see....

1) Lebron stays in Miami. FAIL!
(I'd be living in my car if someone bet me my house on him going back to Cleveland.)

2) Jeremy Lin would be a solid starter in the NBA....ok...hand me a paper bag for my head.

3) Seems like Spurs are just a little too old / Tim Duncan ditto....then they resurged last year. Wow...caveat though that even though I'm a Spurs fan #2 behind the Bulls....not sure anyone predicted the extent of the whupping they delivered last year.

4) Kobe post Shaq. He really went "Iverson" after Shaq left. I thought he'd never recover his form but PJ calmed him down and he cemented his legacy among the greats. (Probably before I posted here but what the hey)

5) Dirk winning a title. Nuff said.

6) (So far) OKC winning a title. Still early but not looking as assured as before.

Ok, I'm sure there are more....but that's a good start.

It's Sunday, come to the confessional of bad NBA opinions. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 03:32 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Default Who cares?

Old 02-02-2015, 04:30 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Personally, I think a little instrospection about our past opinions and where they went right and wrong can be a learning tool.

It helps me to be more informed and astute in analyzing trades and other moves which is something I enjoy.

Obviously you aren't a fan of that approach and so to each their own.

All the best.

P.S. Aren't you the guy that started the thread about Lebron's hairline? mmmmmmmkay..........lol

Old 02-02-2015, 04:36 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,859,427 times
This year, I had the Kings as a playoff team.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:58 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
I thought that the 1989 NBA draft was superlative. I figured that at least all of the top ten would go on to become NBA stars, and that the Bulls pick of Stacey King @6 was a huge steal. Here you had a guy who was 6'11" and had a great shooting touch...how could he miss? He did.

Then there was Pervis Ellison, who could play above the rim, Danny Ferry, who was super smooth and was supposed to be the next Larry Bird, and such luminaries as Randy White and Michael Smith.

It was probably one of the worst NBA drafts ever.
1989 NBA draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-03-2015, 12:08 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,074,469 times
Things I missed on / might miss on:

1) Dion Waiters was a member of Cleveland's "Big-4" and would show his worth more than Kyrie Irving. Whoops.

2) The Kevin Love -for- Andrew Wiggins, et al trade might be a steal for Cleveland. In fact, I think Cleveland made a big
mistake.

3) Ekpe Udoh will be a major contributor in this league

4) Anthony Bennett will continue to improve this season and evolve into a major contributor (jury still out; not looking good)

5) Marcus Fizer is a can't-miss NBA prospect. His PPG averages were pretty solid, but he needed an awful lot of shots to do it. The former #4 overall pick (a PF) once shot 38% for Chicago in his 4th season in the league and only lasted 6 seasons. I wonder what he's up to? ...I googled. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...rn=nba,wp10903 He became a minister! Jesus.

6) Cleveland will win the Eastern Conference Finals this season (jury still out; this one actually looks better now in my opinion but I was looking like a goon a few weeks back)

Last edited by llowllevellowll; 02-03-2015 at 12:27 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 02:47 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
Quote:
5) Marcus Fizer is a can't-miss NBA prospect. His PPG averages were pretty solid, but he needed an awful lot of shots to do it. The former #4 overall pick (a PF) once shot 38% for Chicago in his 4th season in the league and only lasted 6 seasons. I wonder what he's up to? ...I googled
I remember him too. I remember Krause saying that he was the only guy they scouted who would draw a double team in the NBA, and they were happy to get him at 4. There was this report from a couple years ago that he wanted to make an NBA comeback at age 34, but evidently he never got signed.

Dissecting an NBA Comeback: The Transformation of Former Bulls' Forward Marcus Fizer - Ridiculous Upside

In the report/interview, he admits that he did not work out as he should have early in his career.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:09 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,016,369 times
"Andrew Bynum is gonna go down as one of the great Laker centers of all time...Shaq who?"

(Granted, we won two titles with him, but overall he was injury prone and his head just wasn't right most of the time)

Old 02-04-2015, 10:02 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,579,500 times
Going back a bit, I thought the Blazers centered around Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge were going to take over the Western Conference.

In 2012 I thought OKC was making the first of multiple Finals trips with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden.

I thought Lance Stephenson along with Walker and Jefferson were going to make Charlotte a playoff team this season.

I thought Chris Bosh was going to Houston last summer.

I thought John Wall would be a bust.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:22 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,045,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Reminded of this as I bump old posts, I've made some hella-bad predictions on occasion so let's see....

1) Lebron stays in Miami. FAIL!
(I'd be living in my car if someone bet me my house on him going back to Cleveland.)
i think i said i didnt expect him back in miami

2) Jeremy Lin would be a solid starter in the NBA....ok...hand me a paper bag for my head.
can i give you the old "i told you so?"

3) Seems like Spurs are just a little too old / Tim Duncan ditto....then they resurged last year. Wow...caveat though that even though I'm a Spurs fan #2 behind the Bulls....not sure anyone predicted the extent of the whupping they delivered last year.
see #2

4) Kobe post Shaq. He really went "Iverson" after Shaq left. I thought he'd never recover his form but PJ calmed him down and he cemented his legacy among the greats. (Probably before I posted here but what the hey)
kobe is still a bit of AI

5) Dirk winning a title. Nuff said.
not sure the best team won that year.

6) (So far) OKC winning a title. Still early but not looking as assured as before.
theyre getting worse and will not win one the way they are constructed now.

Ok, I'm sure there are more....but that's a good start.

It's Sunday, come to the confessional of bad NBA opinions. lol.
bold baby bold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball