Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2015, 11:57 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times

Advertisements

I think the East is tougher this year than in years past. Cavs, Bulls & Hawks are/were all legit title contenders, and the Wizards were at least as good as the Mavs & Pelicans. Compare that to last year's Heat and a Pacers team which completely fell off in the second half of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 03:32 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,327,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Whenever things look dim, or the other team starts to make a run, all Curry has to do is shoot and make those 3's, and that just seems to change the dynamics of the game. His teammates get energized, the opposing team wears down and mentally gives up. I mean, how demoralizing is it when you think you're finally doing good and making a run, narrowing the gap down to a two possession game, and in the span of several seconds, Curry (or Klay or Green or...) makes a dagger shot, and also in seconds, the Dubs lead is back up to double digits.
I'm convinced Curry is a robot. He has all of his game sliders set on 100.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Little annoyed that the game 7 match up tomorrow between the Rockets and Clippers is airing at 3:30pm

Old 05-16-2015, 04:02 PM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Little annoyed that the game 7 match up tomorrow between the Rockets and Clippers is airing at 3:30pm
At least I can watch it before my flight at 7:30 tomorrow, so at least I'm happy, LOL

Old 05-16-2015, 05:03 PM

Weekend sports are traditionally on in the afternoon, especially on ABC. That way they don't have to compete with other networks' prime time programming.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Weekend sports are traditionally on in the afternoon, especially on ABC. That way they don't have to compete with other networks' prime time programming.
The hockey game is in the afternoon too at pretty much the same time (3:20). As for the traditional Sunday night baseball game: Sports fan would watch the game 7. I don't understand why NBA & NHL intend to continue scheduling playoff games in mid May during the height of the afternoon. The ONLY sport that should be playing afternoon games is baseball, everything else should be at night.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:35 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,966,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
How is it impressive when it's been a cream puff conference for so many years? Also, he's had quite a bit of luck even winning that one championship with the miracle Ray Allen 3 pointer and the injuries to stars on other teams in the east.
Bingo. I'm sick of watching LeBron get BYES for the first two rounds year after year.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:03 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
The hockey game is in the afternoon too at pretty much the same time (3:20). As for the traditional Sunday night baseball game: Sports fan would watch the game 7. I don't understand why NBA & NHL intend to continue scheduling playoff games in mid May during the height of the afternoon. The ONLY sport that should be playing afternoon games is baseball, everything else should be at night.

I thnk the only time ABC airs a NBA game at night is during the NBA Finals

Old 05-16-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
It's for ratings....more people will watch it at 3pm and hopefully (for the network) stay on for the evening news and possibly their primetime shows. For the NBA/NHL, they will bring in more casual viewers in the afternoon than competing with prime Sunday night programming (everything from "Family Guy" to "Game of Thrones"). During the week they'll get more ratings at night, but the weekend makes more sense for them to show during the day.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It's for ratings....more people will watch it at 3pm and hopefully (for the network) stay on for the evening news and possibly their primetime shows. For the NBA/NHL, they will bring in more casual viewers in the afternoon than competing with prime Sunday night programming (everything from "Family Guy" to "Game of Thrones"). During the week they'll get more ratings at night, but the weekend makes more sense for them to show during the day.
I disagree. For a casual fan that has no rooting interest for either team (which is what most of the playoffs are) what are you more likely going to do on a Sunday afternoon in May?? Unless it's raining, or you live in Barrow, AK, chances are you're going to be doing some sort of event outdoors: baseball game, yard work, gardening, beach, mowing the grass, sitting on the porch and not spending 3 hours inside watching a game you could care less about.

You're not going to be outdoors at 7:30, and if you are, you won't be out much past 8:30 and NBA is short enough where the game won't end at an unreasonably late time: 10:15 if the game starts at 7:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball