Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 12:42 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I predict the Warriors will sweep the entire playoffs.
Good luck with that happening! The 98 Bulls didn't even sweep through the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 02:29 PM

6,504 posts, read 7,536,063 times
^^^ 99 Spurs lost 2 games, 1 in the 1st round vs TWOLVES and 1 in the Finals vs NYK.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:53 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,740 times
We'll probably have a Warriors-Cavs finals. I'd rather the Hawks come out of the east though.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:20 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
I predict the Warriors will sweep the entire playoffs.

Fo Fo Fo Fo ?

-- Moses Malone

Old 04-16-2015, 05:36 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Fo Fo Fo Fo ?

-- Moses Malone
Back then there were only three "fo"s. It's not the same with four "fo"s.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:30 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,511 times
This is a very good analysis of the Spurs/Clippers series. I agree with them: It's will probably be the most compelling first-round match-up. To me, these seem like the two most complete teams:

Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs | Western Conference First Round | 2015 NBA Playoffs

Old 04-16-2015, 10:46 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
I may be a Clipper hater, but I otherwise give them credit when due. Their bench simply cannot compete with the Spurs, especially with Crawford out. They'll be lucky to win two games.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
These are my predictions for the 1st round of the playoffs

1. Toronto should win the series over Washington since the wizards have John Wall.

2. Bulls should have no issue with the Bucks since they have the home court.

3. Cavs will beat Boston but I can see the Celtics pushing the Cavs to six games

4. Hawks should not have a problem with the Nets at all

5. Spurs will win Game 1 or 2 and win the series over the clippers in 5 games

6. Warriors will be challenged and maybe pushed to 6 games vs Pelicans but still win series

7. Blazers should beat Memphis since they been inconsistent for past 2 months especially on the road.

8. Rockets should beat the Mavs with no problem in 5 games

Old 04-17-2015, 01:56 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Thanks Mark...

Mark Cuban: Harden is the MVP 'because that's not a very good team'

"There's no more predictable team than the Rockets. You know exactly what they're gonna do,” he says. “But James Harden is so good. That's what analytics have begot. Right? Predictability. If you know what the percentages are, in the playoffs, you have time to counter them. Whether you're good enough to do it is another question. Because they are very talented, and James Harden, I think, is the MVP. Because that's not a very good team over there.”

Old 04-17-2015, 02:04 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
Western Conference

1st Round

#1 Warriors over #8 Pelicans, 4-3. I think New Orleans will surprise in their first playoff series since Chris Paul was in town. I think the Warriors will pull through but I think this could be like the Celtics who won the championship in 2008. They had to fend off the 8th seed Hawks and Cavaliers in 7 games, and the Pistons in 6 games before advancing to the Finals. I think this will be an extremely competitive series that when the Pelicans look back, they could say had they fixed just a few things, they would have won this series. I see it unfolding like this, but I could also see the complete opposite happening and Golden State sweeps the Pelicans back to the Big Easy. But I'm leaning towards tight, competitive series.

#7 Mavericks over #2 Rockets, 4-2. This is not favoritism, I truly believe the Mavericks will defeat the Rockets with the deciding game in the Big D. I feared with the Spurs' big run down the stretch that they would clinch #2, which would have been absolutely terrifying. The Mavericks won four of their last five resting a lot of their starters frequently. Also, although Houston won the season series, 3-1, the net margin of victory in those four games were four points.

#6 Spurs over #3 Clippers, 4-1. Sucks for the Clippers. I really don't like the Clippers, but they have really flown under the radar and quietly finished in the third seed. However, they had to be paired up with the Spurs, the league's hottest team, and I think this series will be a breeze for the lower-seeded San Antonio team.

#5 Grizzlies over #4 Blazers, 4-1. The Grizzlies caught a break. Both of these teams have been struggling but I think Memphis will get the last laugh. Portland will save the series with a victory at home in Game 3 or 4 but Memphis will pull through with ease after crawling over the regular season finish line.

Semifinals
#1 Warriors over #5 Grizzlies, 4-1. As much as I hoped Memphis would compete in the playoffs, they just didn't finish well enough to make me believe they can pull off the upset.

#6 Spurs over #7 Mavericks, 4-3. Dallas will put up the greatest fight of anybody, but for the second straight year, they are eliminated by the Spurs in seven games.

Conference Finals
#6 Spurs over #1 Warriors, 4-2. As impressive as the Warriors have been all year, I think they will have finally met their match in the conference finals. The Spurs take this series and return to their third consecutive Finals as the best 6 seed ever.

Eastern Conference

1st Round

#1 Hawks over #8 Nets, 4-0. The Eastern Conference normally has some of the weaker matchups and this is one of them. I believe Atlanta will get through Brooklyn with ease.

#2 Cavaliers over #7 Celtics, 4-2. This one will prove to be closer than others may think. Boston comes in on a six-game win streak and split the season series with Cleveland. (Although I think the Cavs starters were resting in both wins) Cleveland pulls through in six, maybe seven? I'd also like someone to provide me with Boston's record since the Rondo trade.

#3 Bulls over #6 Bucks, 4-1. I'm a big fan of Jason Kidd and at the beginning of the year I was predicting Milwaukee to crack the Top 8 in the East. (None of my friends listened) However, I can't see them possibly competing in this series.

#5 Wizards over #4 Raptors, 4-3. I really like both of these teams, and even though the Raptors swept the season series with Washington, I still can't trust Toronto quite yet.

Semifinals

#1 Hawks over #5 Wizards, 4-2. The Wizards are tired from their previous series and can't keep up with Atlanta.

#3 Bulls over #2 Cavaliers, 4-3. This is probably just because I hate LeBron, but after all the trash talk that goes on between LeBron and Noah and the Bulls, I think this year Chicago will finally pull it out.

Conference Finals

#1 Hawks over #3 Bulls, 4-1. This will be one of those series that is highly-anticipated by fans and the media, but I think if this were to happen, it would disappoint. The Hawks take this relatively short series.

NBA Finals
Hawks over Spurs, 4-2. I don't know who would have the homecourt advantage but I really like Atlanta. I have confidence in them to get past the Eastern Conference, even if they were to face LeBron and the Cavaliers. And you know what? I'll take them over the Spurs, too.
You are out of your mind Hawks don't win the NBA title lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball