Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 09:28 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Lucky break ha. How many fouls did they get away with on LBJ, especially AI who should have fouled out multiple times?
Actually the call near the end was a travel on LJ.

Once again, I'm sure the media will hype the fact that LJ had a triple double.

However - here's the biggest stat....

LEBRON JAMES 0-2 WITH THREE POINTS IN OVERTIME.

In two overtimes Lebron is 0-5 with 3 points.

GOAT?

LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 09:29 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,412,451 times
Amazing game tonight. Glad to see the Cavs pull it out. It wasn't a lucky break at all.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:37 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post

GOAT?

LOL.

I don't think LeBron is the GOAT, but what does his performance in these two overtime periods have to do with it?

Why aren't you looking at the other eight quarters?

LeBron has had 44 and 39 in the first two games of the NBA finals. Against a FAR superior team.

Give credit where it is due.

Hey, I used to hate LeBron, but I have come to respect his ability.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:49 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post

GOAT?

LOL.
That is your "big stat"? How was Curry in OT? The big stat is that they won. And if JR Smith doesn't make not 1, not 2, but 3 of the dumbest fouls ever, they don't even go to OT. As for the triple double, what is not to like about that?

Old 06-07-2015, 09:52 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
The Warriors are still the more talented team, but I'm going to tell you something that's getting lost in the hype of two outstanding games...

The Warriors would probably get blown out 4-1 or swept if Cleveland had a healthy Kyrie and Love. They are on the road in the toughest arena to play in the league and are a missed bucket from being up 2-0 on a 67-win team with one of the more historic seasons in NBA history. Cleveland is playing championship defense---taking nothing away from the Warriors d, which has been good, but it's not like the Cavs have the shooters or scorers to defend against minus Love and Kyrie. Cleveland is MUCH more physical than Golden State, and they found a small ball lineup tonight to match the Warriors....

I'm not willing to crown Cleveland champion s at all, but I said all along this is a 6 or 7 game series. The Cavs are doing a great job of staying the course when the Warriors go on these runs. Also what no one has said yet is how Cleveland is shutting down Golden State's other impact players. In Game 1, Curry and Klay were subpar and the bench carried them. In Game 2, Cleveland shut down everyone except Klay, and even he had no impact late in the game. They're slowing the pace, and even though the Warriors won Game 1, they haven't consistently shown they are really able to play a slow pace....

This is going to be a great series. Both teams have the chance to make adjustments, but Golden State is in some trouble. They got away with some blatant fouls on Lebron late, and those calls won't go in their favor in Cleveland. If Golden State plays like they have so far, on the road, they're going to lose this series. They're not playing the Memphis Grizzlies. They are playing one of the greatest players in league history, and a team that plays OUTSTANDING team defense. If they fall down 2-1, they lose this series, they're not gonna come back giving an underdog this resilient a 2-1 lead at home...

Also, JR Smith is one of the stupidest players I've ever seen. He almost singlehandedly lost this game for Cleveland, but he was a bigger factor for them tonight...

Old 06-07-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Same here. I am a Laker fan and always rooted against Lebron and enjoyed every minute of Kobe's success while Lebron struggled. But it is time to face reality now. Lebron is a beast. In a different way than Kobe or Jordan ever were. Lebron makes an entire team better. Whether he is GOAT is debatable and ultimately meaningless. Besides, it seems to only ever be wing players like Kobe, MJ and Lebron that are in that discussion. What about Kareem, Duncan, Russell, Wilt?

Old 06-07-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
The Warriors would probably get blown out 4-1 or swept if Cleveland had a healthy Kyrie and Love.

Also, JR Smith is one of the stupidest players I've ever seen. He almost singlehandedly lost this game for Cleveland, but he was a bigger factor for them tonight...
I just don't know if Love actually makes this Cavs team better. It could be a blessing that he went out. I agree about JR Smith, it is why he has always been relegated to the 6th man position.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:56 PM

858 posts, read 1,145,410 times
Entertaining game and series too bad the Warriors couldn't come up with the win. Its a series.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:57 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I don't think LeBron is the GOAT, but what does his performance in these two overtime periods have to do with it?

Why aren't you looking at the other eight quarters?

LeBron has had 44 and 39 in the first two games of the NBA finals. Against a FAR superior team.

Give credit where it is due.

Because if any player wants to be considered top 5 material - they must produce to some degree when the pressure is on. That's just simply a fact of life.

I don't hate Lebron, but there's a huge difference between performing well when the game is back and forth and performing well in the closing minutes when everyone is locked in on defense.

What I do hate is hyping up the star player even when he doesn't perform well in the deciding minutes of the game.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:58 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Was it just me, or did Mozgov not play most of second half?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball