Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 09:10 AM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times

Advertisements

Good article

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/weight-...070654538.html

Quote:
There’s a reason that Cleveland winning this would be one of the finest accomplishments in NBA history. It isn’t supposed to be easy, not when even 30 seconds on the bench is like watching a horror show.
“Well, I was hoping our team could buy me a few minutes,” LeBron said.

They couldn’t.

“I mean, it’s difficult,” he said. “You want to be out there, but also you want to be effective. …I was gassed out.

Quote:
No one has swung harder or more often than LeBron James. He’s the one that made this special. Yet four games into it nothing has been earned, nothing has been gained, nothing has been won. That championship rock still lies at the bottom of Cleveland’s hill.

“It’s the biggest stage in the world,” LeBron said. “But I don’t put too much added pressure on myself about basketball. It’s just … that’s all it is. It is just basketball.”

The NBA Finals are dead even. Its star looked dead tired.

When the tank's empty, not much anyone can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 10:21 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,926,533 times
Bad night for lebron.

- He flops into the camera and bust his head open
- The cameraman gets a shot of his penis for millions to see
- He gets shutdown by Iggy and the Cavs lost by a bundle

Old 06-12-2015, 12:18 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,327,020 times
The Cavaliers shouldn't be ashamed if they lose this series. They were 19-20 at one point this season and looking up at the Bucks in the standings! If they're all healthy next year's it not like there will be much more competition in the East to stop them from reaching the Finals again.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:12 PM

Smart kid

A 28-year-old staffer might have saved the Warriors' season - SBNation.com

Quote:
The idea came to U'Ren after remembering how the Spurs changed the series against the Heat in the 2013-14 finals by going away from their traditional starting lineup to insert Boris Diaw for Tiago Splitter. That move added another ball-handler and scorer for San Antonio, who would go on to win the next three games to win the title. Benching Bogut and starting Iguodala, U'Ren figured, would have a similar impact as it would allow the Warriors to have their best perimeter defender on the court from the tip as well as having another ball-handler who could push the pace.

According to SI's Lee Jenkins, U'Ren convinced assistant coach Luke Walton to lobby for it and send a text message to Kerr at 3 a.m. It resulted in a drastic change to the starting lineup of a team that won 67 regular-season games and cruised to the finals.

After debating with the rest of the staff the next morning, Kerr decided to implement the suggestion. While the pace of the game remained the same, the Warriors' defense controlled James better and the offense had more spacing and fluidity to it. The result was the best game of the series for Golden State and a key victory to even things out after four games, 2-2.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:23 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,078,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
He flops into the camera and bust his head open
Glad I'm not the only one who thought he flopped into the cameraman on that one.

This guy would embarrass soccer players when it comes to flopping.

He lands straight down then flops forward?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:18 PM

78,324 posts, read 60,517,579 times
I keep hearing about exhaustion but golden state actually played less bench minutes last game than Cleveland. They just got beat in game four. It happens.

Exhausted is a lame excuse.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:46 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I keep hearing about exhaustion but golden state actually played less bench minutes last game than Cleveland. They just got beat in game four. It happens.

Exhausted is a lame excuse.
Well Lebron has not only played all but 2-3 minutes in each game, including two OTs, he's also involved in pretty much every play...either as a shooter or set-up man. So in his case, I buy it...especially given how he's been a top-minute player over the past decade, and gone deep into the playoffs each time.
Dellawhatever is spent just because of his rugby-style play which was great for one or two games but is not built for endurance.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:28 PM

On the money

Why The Warriors Are So Tough To Beat | FiveThirtyEight

Quote:
The reason for the Warriors’ strong record with average shooting is simple: They also play great defense. It gets overlooked because they play at a frenetic pace, but the Dubs held opponents to a .514 TS% during the regular season, the third-best figure in the league after Chicago and Portland.

It can get even worse for opponents, and it often does: The Warriors went 46-3 with good shooting during the regular season. But “pretty good” shooting — average shooting, even — is usually plenty good enough for the Warriors. They’ll need to throw up a lot of bricks the rest of the way. Otherwise, James — as brilliant as he’s been — may become the first finals MVP in a losing cause since Jerry West in 1969.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:52 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who thought he flopped into the cameraman on that one.

This guy would embarrass soccer players when it comes to flopping.

He lands straight down then flops forward?
That was no flop...
That was a Photo Op.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:39 PM

78,324 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Well Lebron has not only played all but 2-3 minutes in each game, including two OTs, he's also involved in pretty much every play...either as a shooter or set-up man. So in his case, I buy it...especially given how he's been a top-minute player over the past decade, and gone deep into the playoffs each time.
Dellawhatever is spent just because of his rugby-style play which was great for one or two games but is not built for endurance.
Lebron? Sure....I cut him some slack for it.

I'm more referring to the Cavs in general and especially Dellavedova.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball