Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 06:16 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
I'll go with the LeCavs. What's the line? I'd say 30%, 25% warriors, rest is the field.

I think they should rename the city LeCleveland after he brings them the chip..
They'll be tough. If they are healthy and nobody else adds any serious pieces.

Healthy seems to be the determining factor for many eastern teams in recent years, so guarantees of anything are pretty silly IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Exactly! Besides, I pointed out earlier that Klay had to go against 3 top perimeter defenders in the League. Tony Allen (arguably the best in the league) Ariza and then Shumpert. LeBron was gassed after facing Iggy for a few games. Let's see him face 3 great perimeter defenders in 3 straight series and see what happens.
He had Jimmy Butler on him in the 2nd round who is a better defender than anyone you just named except Tony Allen.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:30 AM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Congrats to the Warriors! I've long since gotten over 2007 as a Mavericks fan. Though I was rooting for Cleveland, it is nice to see a 40 year title drought end. For most of my lifetime, the Warriors have never been thought of as a contender, and hardly even a playoff team. Now they are champions, and we could see a few more from them in the next couple of years.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:52 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumisgood View Post
I'll go with the LeCavs. What's the line? I'd say 30%, 25% warriors, rest is the field.

I think they should rename the city LeCleveland after he brings them the chip..
As of yesterday, the Cavs are the favorites to win it all next year at 3/1. Im not calling anyone champs next year until I see what FAs go where and what the rosters will look like next season. Still way too early to know.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:09 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,327,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Congrats to the Warriors! I've long since gotten over 2007 as a Mavericks fan. Though I was rooting for Cleveland, it is nice to see a 40 year title drought end. For most of my lifetime, the Warriors have never been thought of as a contender, and hardly even a playoff team. Now they are champions, and we could see a few more from them in the next couple of years.
Tell me how you got over 2007!?!?

Sincerely, another MFFL.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:57 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,303,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
As of yesterday, the Cavs are the favorites to win it all next year at 3/1. Im not calling anyone champs next year until I see what FAs go where and what the rosters will look like next season. Still way too early to know.
Since the season just concluded, predictions so far in advance don't mean much. I won't take any predictions seriously until October after the post-season signings, trades, and drafts. Until then, we don't know much of anything.

Congrats to the Warriors. Even though they didn't play to their potential most of the Finals, they were clearly the better team. Congrats to LJ and the Cavs as well. The Cavs played about as well as can be expected without 2 of their 3 best players out.

After the effort and heart LJ displayed in the Finals, I think I'm finally over my grudge for the way he originally left the Cavs. He's been the best player in the league for about the last 5 seasons; now he has the character to go with it.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:24 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Where's westcoastbias at?

Old 06-18-2015, 02:43 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Where's westcoastbias at?
Ive been patiently waiting. He's disappeared since his team lost of course.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Since the season just concluded, predictions so far in advance don't mean much. I won't take any predictions seriously until October after the post-season signings, trades, and drafts. Until then, we don't know much of anything.

Congrats to the Warriors. Even though they didn't play to their potential most of the Finals, they were clearly the better team. Congrats to LJ and the Cavs as well. The Cavs played about as well as can be expected without 2 of their 3 best players out.

After the effort and heart LJ displayed in the Finals, I think I'm finally over my grudge for the way he originally left the Cavs. He's been the best player in the league for about the last 5 seasons; now he has the character to go with it.
I agree 100%.

It was really really nice seeing two long struggling franchises reach the finals and then duke it out.

I've never disliked Lebron, him leaving in the first place was the owners incompetence at putting talent around him and he gave them a looooong time to do it.

Ironically, it was the owners continued incompetence after Lebron left that loaded the team up with tons of talent. Their entire primary rotation outside of Lebron came from stinking the last couple years.

This all being said. Cleveland has the best player in the world and has had one of the best 4 year draft runs in the history of professional sports. They HAVE to turn this into a championship.

Old 06-18-2015, 03:31 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree 100%.

It was really really nice seeing two long struggling franchises reach the finals and then duke it out.

I've never disliked Lebron, him leaving in the first place was the owners incompetence at putting talent around him and he gave them a looooong time to do it.

Ironically, it was the owners continued incompetence after Lebron left that loaded the team up with tons of talent. Their entire primary rotation outside of Lebron came from stinking the last couple years.

This all being said. Cleveland has the best player in the world and has had one of the best 4 year draft runs in the history of professional sports. They HAVE to turn this into a championship.
Totally agree.

I wont make any predictions now either.

The one thing I am watching? The health of Kevin Durant's foot. A fully healthy OKC will be a force to be reckoned with in the West regardless of who else does what...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball