Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 05:11 PM
J24 J24 started this thread

448 posts, read 862,510 times

Advertisements

The Thunder hired Florida rock star Billy Donovan, signing a 5 year deal.

How do you think he (and the team) will do with Durant back in the lineup next season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 09:02 PM

14,659 posts, read 14,598,567 times
He'll need to tone it down now that he's dealing with professionals. Otherwise, fairly neutral over the hire. They should make the playoffs next season as long as Durant, Westbrook & Ibaka are all healthy, but since Harden's departure they've been missing a "piece" and I don't see that changing next season.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:21 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,357,235 times
He somehow must find a way to get the most out of this team with ball hog Westbrook excluding his teammates in the flow of the offense. Westbrook a major problem for this team.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:13 AM
J24 J24 started this thread

448 posts, read 862,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
He somehow must find a way to get the most out of this team with ball hog Westbrook excluding his teammates in the flow of the offense. Westbrook a major problem for this team.
If it wasn't for Westbrook, their season would have looked WAY worse than it did this year. He had 11 triple doubles. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he got all of those by having at least 10 assists. He's not the "ball hog" that he used to be. He's just good.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:26 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,581,417 times
I think it is reasonable for an NBA team to take a chance on Donovan. But I think it was a mistake for OKC with their circumstances to do it. Supposedly he's a better X's and O's guy than Scott Brooks. I'm not sure if I buy that. College X's and O's and pro X's and O's aren't the same. Plus, at the NBA level every assistant coach and video guy knows X's and O's. OKC's equipment manager could probably give a detailed run down of Horned sets.

At the pro level its about actually getting buy in. It is about putting players in position to succeed. It is about being able to convince them to go against their instincts for a better result. Not only are those things difficult to do. You have to worry about any of that in college. The players have no say. If they don't cooperate you bench them. Can't do that with Russell Westbrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball