Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2021, 12:20 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...14822_35515955

"July 31 marked the trigger date for Julius Randle‘s contract guarantee, so the Knicks now owe him the full $19.8M for next season, according to Bobby Marks of ESPN. There was no suspense about whether New York would be willing to pay Randle that much in the wake of a career season that saw him win the Most Improved Player award and earn Second-Team All-NBA honors. The real intrigue this offseason involves a four-year, $106M extension that Randle is eligible to receive. The Knicks have plenty of incentive to sign him at that figure, as Randle could potentially make a lot more next summer as an unrestricted free agent, particularly if he puts together another All-NBA season. New York will have his Bird rights if that happens and can exceed the salary cap to re-sign him."

I mentioned in another thread that the Knicks should let him play out that 19.8 mil to prove that last season wasn't a fluke. However, the smart move for the Knicks would be to sign him to that extension to lock him in. He would demand even more if he replicates or improves this coming season.
Knicks did the smart move.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/05/julius...cks-extension/

"A source confirmed he has agreed to a four-year, $117 million extension. Randle said earlier this season he wanted to retire as a Knick. According to a source close to Randle, the Knicks power forward loves the passion of the New York fans. Randle wanted to sign early to give the club as much flexibility as possible next summer and not convolute the matter.
Randle could’ve possibly made more on the open market and gained a maximum contract in the $200 million range if he duplicated this past season, when he played 71 of 72 games and led the Knicks to their first playoff berth in eight years."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2021, 05:53 AM

This goofy kid for Toronto-Scotty Barnes-impressed me yesterday. The kid seems like an army swiss knife out there. Too bad it was at the Knicks expense. OTOH, Obie Toppin put on a show. Quickley and Sims were solid. McBride and Patton were so-so. Vildoza? I don't know about this guy. At this point, he isn't one of Thibs guys. We'll see.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:27 AM

https://nypost.com/2021/10/05/kemba-...out-of-pacers/

"After receiving a warm ovation Tuesday night, Walker racked up 12 points and four assists in 21 minutes, shooting 5 of 10 from the field as the Knicks routed the Pacers, 125-104, in their first preseason game. Walker was 2-for-5 from 3-point range."
"The blowout win, in which the Knicks led by as many 27 points, came after a lackluster showing in the annual general managers poll conducted by NBA.com that had the Pacers ranked ahead of the Knicks in the Eastern Conference."

The Knicks are such a tease this time of year but they were looking good last night. I am hoping Thibs opens up the rotation early in the season. Randle-30 mins, Barret-25 mins, Fournier-27 mins in a meaningless game isn't good.

Old 10-14-2021, 09:53 AM

https://nypost.com/2021/10/13/knicks...-over-pistons/

"Wednesday night, on its own, meant nothing. The result wouldn’t impact the Knicks’ record or play any role in their season."
Good luck telling Tom Thibodeau that. He treated it like so much more than that, playing his starters big minutes, railing at the referees, living and dying with every play and giving his players an earful at some loose defensive possessions."

Jesus! I get what he's doing but he's doing the same thing he's done at every stop. Running his players into the ground. He doesn't let up even in preseason. He should be running the rooks and 2nd year players into the ground and resting the vets. I hope Randle, Rose, Barrett, etc. don't run out of gas when playoffs come around.

Old 10-14-2021, 12:55 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
https://nypost.com/2021/10/13/knicks...-over-pistons/

"Wednesday night, on its own, meant nothing. The result wouldn’t impact the Knicks’ record or play any role in their season."
Good luck telling Tom Thibodeau that. He treated it like so much more than that, playing his starters big minutes, railing at the referees, living and dying with every play and giving his players an earful at some loose defensive possessions."

Jesus! I get what he's doing but he's doing the same thing he's done at every stop. Running his players into the ground. He doesn't let up even in preseason. He should be running the rooks and 2nd year players into the ground and resting the vets. I hope Randle, Rose, Barrett, etc. don't run out of gas when playoffs come around.
in PRESEASON too!!! I swear he's an effin moron. You cant make this sht up. PRESEASON...

Old 10-21-2021, 05:57 AM

Hey how 'bout dem Knicks!

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/julius...main-his-team/

"No, this game never should have gone into single overtime, never mind double overtime. The Knicks were up 11 with fewer than four minutes to play in regulation, and then they got cute, they got careless, and they got caught by a flawed Boston Celtics team that was fixing to steal the home team’s thunder on opening night."

^^^This! I thought they were going to blow it but they gave Spike Lee something to jump around about. Barrett and Walker had off games but Randle stepped into the booth and became Superman. Hope he can keep it up.

Old 10-23-2021, 09:19 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Knicks looking good

Old 10-25-2021, 12:43 PM

Bad loss for the Knicks last night.

"It wasn’t the upset of the century, but it was the upset of the young NBA season.
After the Knicks hammered the Magic all night Friday in a blowout at Amway Center, Orlando exacted revenge Sunday at the Garden in a stunning 110-104 upset victory.
Complacent or not, the Knicks suffered their season’s first loss as Manhattan product Cole Anthony erupted for 21 of his 29 points in the first half, and Terrence Ross closed with dynamite, scoring all 22 of his points in the fourth quarter, quieting the Garden."

This was a game the Knicks should have won. One bright spot I see is the consistency of Randle. He's playing like it's a contract year. He already signed the deal so he seems like he wants it thus far. Long season ahead. They are going to have to win these "gimme" games to get a high seed for the playoffs.

Old 10-27-2021, 07:01 AM

Knicks played well last night against the Sixers. Even with Randle not at his best. Others stepped up. Observations: 2 years ago or maybe even last year Embiid would have thrown Robinson around like a rag doll. Since he's gained more strength, Embiid had a time trying to play bully ball against him. Embiid turned into a jump shooter for the most part. Same with Drummond. Couldn't move Mitch around like he used to. Walker picked a good time to break out.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/26/kemba-...ns-less-76ers/

“I was waiting for that moment,’’ said Walker, who scored 10 points, going 4-for-4 in a 5:49 span of the second. “I was waiting for that moment. It was the kind of moment I dreamed of when I was a young kid wanting to be in the NBA, watching the Knicks play, coming to a Knicks game and seeing how the crowd goes crazy. That was a great moment for me.’’

Old 11-02-2021, 06:45 AM

https://nypost.com/2021/11/02/loss-t...or-nights-off/

"For the second time in four home games, the Knicks allowed a lesser opponent to escape the Garden with a victory. Though this loss to Toronto was a lot more forgivable than the one to Orlando, it hurt all the same. Yeah, it’s only early November, but these defeats show up in April when home-court advantage is decided in the first round of the playoffs."

Couldn't agree more.

"Though the Knicks and Raptors each entered with three-game winning streaks, this wasn’t supposed to be a fair fight. The visitors were playing without Scottie Barnes and, of course, Pascal Siakam. They were not expected to have enough firepower to shred the Knicks’ defense, and yet that’s exactly what they did."

Again, the Knicks have to win the "gimmes." Should be undefeated instead of 5-2. That's why the games are played. Not getting easier. The Pacers, IMO, are better than their record. Then the Bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball