Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 01:10 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,429 times

Advertisements

A loser? How? Charles Barkley is a loser - he never won anything. Guys like that are losers. LeBron can never be a loser as he's won multiple titles. Sports guys like that have beefs and can't accept that they are, in fact, the losers. Projection is a wondrous thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 01:21 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
A loser? How? Charles Barkley is a loser - he never won anything. Guys like that are losers. LeBron can never be a loser as he's won multiple titles. Sports guys like that have beefs and can't accept that they are, in fact, the losers. Projection is a wondrous thing.
Wasn't he traded to the Suns after 8 years with the Sixers?

Old 06-07-2015, 02:00 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,151 times
Eddie,Kobe & Shaq are equal to the talents of Wade & Lebron lol Wow .

Kobe & Shaq are more like Jordan & Chamberlain on the same team .

Lebron is like Oscar robinson & Dwade like another version of Iverson in my opinion.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:34 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Eddie,Kobe & Shaq are equal to the talents of Wade & Lebron lol Wow .

Kobe & Shaq are more like Jordan & Chamberlain on the same team .

Lebron is like Oscar robinson & Dwade like another version of Iverson in my opinion.
Not what I said.

I said the amount of help given by Shaq or Kobe individually may be equal to the combined efforts of Bosh and Wade. Therefore, if Kobe is penalized for having Shaq than LeBron should be penalized for having Wade/Bosh.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Not what I said.

I said the amount of help given by Shaq or Kobe individually may be equal to the combined efforts of Bosh and Wade. Therefore, if Kobe is penalized for having Shaq than LeBron should be penalized for having Wade/Bosh.
Yea, this whole "Kobe had Shaq" argument to try and diminish Kobe's achievements is beyond stupid. What superstar ever did it himself? LeBron had Wade and Bosh, Ducan had Parker and Ginobili, Jordan had Pippen, Magic had Kareem and Worthy, Bird had McHale and Parrish etc...A good argument would he Hakeem's Rockets, who did he have that first year they won 93-94? Their next leading scorers were Otis Thorpe and Vernon Maxwell, not exactly superstars. Just a good, solid team. The following year when they won he had Drexler though.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:33 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Yea, this whole "Kobe had Shaq" argument to try and diminish Kobe's achievements is beyond stupid. What superstar ever did it himself? LeBron had Wade and Bosh, Ducan had Parker and Ginobili, Jordan had Pippen, Magic had Kareem and Worthy, Bird had McHale and Parrish etc...A good argument would he Hakeem's Rockets, who did he have that first year they won 93-94? Their next leading scorers were Otis Thorpe and Vernon Maxwell, not exactly superstars. Just a good, solid team. The following year when they won he had Drexler though.
ill concur with this to an extent, but i will preface that duncan in 2003, had a rookie manu, a 2nd year parker who was benched nearly every 4th for speedy claxton, and a shell of david robinson.
while all 3 were/are "superstars" at some point in their career, duncan was the lone superstar on that championship team.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:02 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I think Lebron leaving the Heat after losing last season made him look like a loser and if the Cavs lose this year's Finals he will be a bigger loser due to him constantly jumping ship.
Disagree, since he went back to Cleveland. Had he jumped ship and went to some random team like Dallas of L.A. then that argument would hold water.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:17 AM

653 posts, read 783,076 times
I don't think a guy with 2 championship rings should be considered a loser. If they lose this year, his personal record will be 2-4. Would it be nicer if it was 4-2? Yeah, but that shouldn't take away from his 2 championships in Miami.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:25 AM

719 posts, read 1,059,486 times
Well maybe we have a finals now.I don't know if the Cavs can pull it off but I would think Golden State is a little worried now. Lebron's and the Cav's blood is up going back to Cleveland and the Cavs know GS can be beaten at home now. But no prediction from me.GS still has a deep bench but its going to be a tough one. Can't wait till tomorrow night.

BTW I hate to get in anyone's face here and just know that I am saying this only half seriously but I really enjoy this finals better than last years .lol Nothing against San Antonio personally but the local sports talk guy I mentioned in the first post of this thread that doesn't like Lebron will go on endlessly about Greg Popovich and how his coaching style is so superior because "Pop" uses more selfless European players instead of ball hogging ,highlight seeking American players that aren't as good at the basics. We have gotten a belly full of this during the Spur's run here in our area from this one guy on our sports talk radio station. I just needed to get that off my chest .lol But lots of love to Spurs fans (Tim Duncan-an ACC guy-I saw him play when Wake Forest came to Clemson).

Last edited by senecaman; 06-08-2015 at 09:22 AM..

Old 06-10-2015, 02:05 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
A good argument would he Hakeem's Rockets, who did he have that first year they won 93-94? Their next leading scorers were Otis Thorpe and Vernon Maxwell, not exactly superstars. Just a good, solid team. The following year when they won he had Drexler though.
At that point, Drexler was little more than Vernon Maxwell with hops. He did pick things up for some time when he came back to Houston (not too thrilled about Adelman getting canned in Portland), but he was a low 40% broken down chucker (missed 30 and 20 games the next two seasons, respectively) aside from that half season where the Rockets still had a losing record with him around (16-19).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball