Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 05:49 PM

50 posts, read 34,509 times

Advertisements

So now that it's practically official where do you think he's going? Btw this is a blow to PDX. They can't make the playoffs anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 06:54 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
San Antonio/Dallas

Old 06-25-2015, 09:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA Free Agency View Post
So now that it's practically official where do you think he's going? Btw this is a blow to PDX. They can't make the playoffs anymore.
They definitely won't make the playoffs with that coach which is a good reason for Aldridge to leave.

Old 06-26-2015, 02:28 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,538,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
San Antonio/Dallas
To sit on the bench behind Duncan or Dirk? They all play the same position. He's going to the Lakers.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-c...ll/2015/06/25/

Old 06-26-2015, 06:31 AM

653 posts, read 783,418 times
I hear that he lives near the L.A. area during the off-season, so the Lakers will definitely get a crack at him. I'd probably go to San Antonio instead. He is a native Texan, and he and Duncan can play side-by-side. They are both smart enough to pull it off. If there is anything we've learned about Duncan is that he is a willing teammate and puts the team first. Plus, I think Aldridge can team up with Kawhi for years to come and be part of a legitimate contender. And last......... The organization seems to be first-class, and Pop may stick around and continue to coach them for a while.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:04 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
To sit on the bench behind Duncan or Dirk? They all play the same position. He's going to the Lakers.

Lakers Rumors: Confidence In Signing LaMarcus Aldridge Led To Drafting D'Angelo Russell | Lakers Nation
Aldridge can't play in the same line-up with Duncan or Nowitzki
Anyway Nowitzki said after the Mavs got defeated in the playoffs this year that he's willing to come of the bench next season if that helps the team.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post

Lakers Rumors: Confidence In Signing LaMarcus Aldridge Led To Drafting D'Angelo Russell | Lakers Nation
Spurs will probably trade Splitter for nothing to make caproom, they will slide Duncan to the 5 and Aldridge will play his natural 4. LMA is 30 years old and he's leaving $30 million and one less year behind by leaving PDX, he ain't going to the lottery bound Lakers. I think in his mind he knows that the Mavs are a glorified rebuilding team so I think his only path is SAS if he actually leaves PDX IMO.

Btw Duncan is an expert at the 4 or the 5. Spurs will be fine. If they dump Diaw too, they can bring back Duncan, Manu, Aldridge , and resign Green too.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:29 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,538,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA Free Agency View Post
Spurs will probably trade Splitter for nothing to make caproom, they will slide Duncan to the 5 and Aldridge will play his natural 4. LMA is 30 years old and he's leaving $30 million and one less year behind by leaving PDX, he ain't going to the lottery bound Lakers. I think in his mind he knows that the Mavs are a glorified rebuilding team so I think his only path is SAS if he actually leaves PDX IMO.

Btw Duncan is an expert at the 4 or the 5. Spurs will be fine. If they dump Diaw too, they can bring back Duncan, Manu, Aldridge , and resign Green too.
I'm sorry but a team of Russell, Kobe, Randle, LMA, Hill, Clarkson and Young is not a lottery bound team. That's a way better roster than the Pelicans who made the playoffs last year and that's without the Lakers adding anyone else, which they will be. Rumors of Wade landing in LA are heating up even more today. Throw Wade into that lineup and that's easily a top 4 team in the west. Lottery bound haha

Old 06-26-2015, 10:45 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
I think there are three options for him, the two Texas teams and the Lakers. He does live in LA in the off season for a reason. Because he likes living in LA!! And to be able to work there too would be an added bonus!!

I am giving the Lakers a slight advantage when you consider he would have D'Angelo Russell feeding him the ball.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:09 AM

Have you watched Kobe play? LOL. Do you really think Randle and Russell will be impact players next year? LOL. The real comedy is that you don't see them as a lottery bound team, so in other words you see that team making the playoffs? LOL.

And a top 4 team in the west? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok genius, tell me how you're going to sell a 30 year old LMA on a future. Explain why he would want to leave PDX which actually makes the playoffs and has another max player with Lillard for a garbage Kobe and rookies Randle and Russell. Guys are really dying to be apart of HC Byron Scott's dysfunctional system? LOL

Last edited by NBA Free Agency; 06-26-2015 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball