Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 09:27 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Kevin Love opts out of contract with Cleveland Cavaliers -- sources
LeBron James reportedly won't recruit Kevin Love back to Cleveland Cavaliers | FOX Sports

I think this is a mistake for the Cavs. Granted they have Thompson to play power forward, but I still think they are going to need some scoring beyond LBJ and Kyrie Irving. I heard an ESPN podcast that recounted a plethora of stats showing how KL made the Cavs better. Shooting pct. was night and day w/ Love on the floor. With his size and shooting ability he draws the defense, creating opportunities for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 09:50 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
You never want to lose a talented commodity, but the fact is that he doesn't fit with the offense and despite some analytics that appear to show he improves them defensively, he doesn't. Simply claiming that Cleveland shot better with him on the floor completely ignores the fact that for much of the time he was off the floor, so was Kyrie Irving. Furthermore, the amount of time that Love is on the floor correlates to a lesser amount of time that Mozgov and Thompson are on the floor, so at some point, you're sacrificing something.

What would disappoint me, as a fan, is not getting anything in return for Love, who you gave up a copious amount of assets to acquire. I'm all for trading him but if it's a sign-and-trade that brings back an asset or two.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Kevin Love opts out of contract with Cleveland Cavaliers -- sources
LeBron James reportedly won't recruit Kevin Love back to Cleveland Cavaliers | FOX Sports

I think this is a mistake for the Cavs. Granted they have Thompson to play power forward, but I still think they are going to need some scoring beyond LBJ and Kyrie Irving. I heard an ESPN podcast that recounted a plethora of stats showing how KL made the Cavs better. Shooting pct. was night and day w/ Love on the floor. With his size and shooting ability he draws the defense, creating opportunities for others.

That's a big blow especially right after losing the NBA finals last week.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:26 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
I'm not sure why Lebron should go out of his way to recruit Love again...isn't a Finals appearance enough to sell you on returning to the team?

Old 06-25-2015, 11:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'm not sure why Lebron should go out of his way to recruit Love again...isn't a Finals appearance enough to sell you on returning to the team?
Pretty much since the east will not be any stronger next season making the cavs the favorite to come back out the Eastern Conference.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:34 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Pretty much since the east will not be any stronger next season making the cavs the favorite to come back out the Eastern Conference.
Maybe. Indiana will have Paul George back. Atlanta has the off-season to improve their depth. Toronto will be back with their depth after their maiden voyage as a contender. The Bulls still are stacked with talent and will be a force if the new coach can find a formula to avoid excessive injury.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:47 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Maybe. Indiana will have Paul George back. Atlanta has the off-season to improve their depth. Toronto will be back with their depth after their maiden voyage as a contender. The Bulls still are stacked with talent and will be a force if the new coach can find a formula to avoid excessive injury.
I sure hope the east is competitive. It sure gets old seeing leflop get free passes to the finals every year with his stacked teams.

But if they do make it out of the east again, I still wouldn't expect them to beat the west.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:50 AM

4,862 posts, read 6,927,783 times
I'm glad Love is the Cavalier's problem now. It's going to prove to be a VERY good move for the Timberwolves within the near future.

Old 06-26-2015, 08:29 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,395,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
I'm glad Love is the Cavalier's problem now. It's going to prove to be a VERY good move for the Timberwolves within the near future.
R.O.Y. Wiggins...bet Cleveland wishes they never made that trade!

I like the future of the T'wolves.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:26 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,798 times
This dude is such a bum. I was always happy when the Wolves lost just so I could see the look on his face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball