Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 02:41 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
In the Spurs win, GS was without Ezeli, Bogut, and Iggy. It was only a 5-pt game with 2.5 minutes left.
And even that game was the day after a game on the road in Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 02:53 PM

The crazy thing is that the Warriors have won 70 games this season and the reaction is sort of like "Okay."

Old 04-08-2016, 03:05 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The crazy thing is that the Warriors have won 70 games this season and the reaction is sort of like "Okay."
IKR.
I've heard comments like "Well, if they lose to the Spurs, they'll just only have an opportunity to tie the Bulls' record and that's too bad."
I expect GS to lose on on their 2nd of a b2b game against the Spurs and end up 72-10 which would still make NBA history.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:13 PM

Steve Kerr on resting his guys.

Quote:
"I'm a little uneasy about it. It's not that I'm worried about injury. You can get injured in practice. It's not so much that I want to rest guys to avoid injury, but we do have a back to back here. It will be our third game in four nights Sunday night. The good news for us is the guys who actually need rest have had plenty of rest: Bogut, Andre, Shaun Livingston. The rest of our core they're 24, 25, they recover pretty quickly so I'm not sure they actually need a rest physically but maybe a break mentally would do them some good. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure we're not going to be in this position next year. You can't keep winning at this level. It's a very unique situation to be in this position and our guys are -- not all of them -- but most of our guys really want to do this."
ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Sports

I'm pretty sure Ezeli doesn't need any rest.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:24 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Steve Kerr on resting his guys.

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Sports

I'm pretty sure Ezeli doesn't need any rest.
At this point you go for it. They've already treated these games like their playoff games....damage is done. Set the record and hope you get it done for another 2 months when teams like the Spurs and Cavs wake up from their slumber

Old 04-08-2016, 03:40 PM

Best rim protectors in the NBA this season.

Rim Protection - Nylon Calculus

Old 04-08-2016, 03:57 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
It's nice that Suburban_Guy finally came out of hiding!

Old 04-08-2016, 06:23 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,328,642 times
I would be pissed if the Warriors came all this way just to tie the record. Win out and lose in the first round, please.

How awesome would it be though, if the Mavs were to get the 8 seed and take out the Warriors in the first round like GSW did to them in 2007? With the Mavs beating the Heat in the 2011 Finals, if the former scenario were to come true, I would raise that Dallas change their name to the Avengers.

But anywho, the Mavericks still have a chance to surpass Memphis in the standings, with a matchup night with the Grizz. A Dallas win would narrow the game to 1 game and the Mavericks would own the tiebreaker with the season series at 3-1.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:21 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
I would be pissed if the Warriors came all this way just to tie the record. Win out and lose in the first round, please.
You'd be pissed "just to tie the record"?
A record set by the greatest team of all time that no other team has even come close?
And you're not even a GS fan?

Old 04-08-2016, 08:19 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I think it's because they've been pretty much a lock to reach 70 for a while now and the projections have been going on for a long time ad nauseum and people are more focused on the 73ish number since 70 has been done before. With the Bulls the media focus was really just on reaching 70.

If GSW wants to really stake a claim to being considered one of the greatest of all time then they will not only need to win the championship but do it with 3 or fewer losses.

If they do that then by any reasonable analysis they belong in the discussion just for dominating.

Me personally, I don't see them only losing 3 games....maybe if they were coming through the east though but even that points out how even that measure could be easier\harder depending on which is tougher in a given era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball