Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 09:01 AM

77,786 posts, read 59,928,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I said Porzingis could knock down the three and he can. He's got great form.
The guy is 6 of 28 as of right now.

Please, just stop playing word games with us....it's a basketball forum and when you say a guy can "knock down the three" it means they're actually GOOD at shooting it.

Porzingis' apparent boner inducing start to the NBA season has drained the blood from desperate (who can blame them) Knick fan brains. He's doing great, this is great news for the Knicks future....let the kid develop. Who knows, maybe one day he will be able to shoot 3's....but for now....it's stupid to have him shooting 3-4 a game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 09:31 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,201,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
Saw the Nets-Warriors game......

The '72 Dolphins are in trouble! (LOL!)
Ha! Can you imagine an NBA perfect season!? That'd be so sweet.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:45 AM

29,435 posts, read 22,350,535 times
Golden State Warriors, 2016 world champions. Steph Curry, 2016 MVP.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:14 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,014,546 times
GS has Clippers-Bulls in an upcoming back2back so I think this is where the streak ends.
At least the Bulls game is at Oracle.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Golden State Warriors, 2016 world champions. Steph Curry, 2016 MVP.
You are starting to sound like the Miami fans did 3-4 years ago, just saying.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Ha! Can you imagine an NBA perfect season!? That'd be so sweet.
There is also a chance that a small meteorite could come out of nowhere and kill all of the Kardashians and extended family at a single televised Thanksgiving special.

I mean, if you're going to dream....go big....really big.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:03 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,201,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There is also a chance that a small meteorite could come out of nowhere and kill all of the Kardashians and extended family at a single televised Thanksgiving special.

I mean, if you're going to dream....go big....really big.
An event like that would get more press coverage than any other event to date lol.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:00 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,079,112 times
Quote:
The guy is 6 of 28 as of right now.

Please, just stop playing word games with us....it's a basketball forum and when you say a guy can "knock down the three" it means they're actually GOOD at shooting it.

Porzingis' apparent boner inducing start to the NBA season has drained the blood from desperate (who can blame them) Knick fan brains. He's doing great, this is great news for the Knicks future....let the kid develop. Who knows, maybe one day he will be able to shoot 3's....but for now....it's stupid to have him shooting 3-4 a game.
He's 7-32 after today. Not counting the one that didn't count. But considering his form, I guarantee you that once he gets used to tall, highly athletic guys jumping at him, he'll shoot threes at a much higher percentage. Dirk had the same issues.

I'm not even a Knick fan. I just realize that there's a difference between judging numbers and judging talent.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:24 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,624,520 times
Quote:
The problem with touting something after a single game is that there is always....the next night.

Mo sucked it up and the cavs "deep" bench got dominated by the Bucks last night for a loss in 2OT.

But again, that's just one game so I wouldn't put much stock in EITHER one.
Yep, I agree. They need Mo to be big come playoff time, and I have my doubts about that

Old 11-16-2015, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
He's 7-32 after today. Not counting the one that didn't count. But considering his form, I guarantee you that once he gets used to tall, highly athletic guys jumping at him, he'll shoot threes at a much higher percentage. Dirk had the same issues.

I'm not even a Knick fan. I just realize that there's a difference between judging numbers and judging talent.
We can def. agree that with the Euro 3 distance being different, Mirotic (and others) have had the same problem and adjusted.

I'm merely stating that:

1) Let's wait and credit him when going 1/4 doesn't actually improve his %.

2) Is that really the best use of your center? I mean sure, certain nights it can be a mismatch but do you really long-term want him playing out there instead of inside? Maybe that's what they have to do because of their personnel but IMO I'd rather have him in closer.

I'm not talking about him taking 1-2 a game if he's given a wide-open look but rather how they have him taking 4 a game right now when he's obviously needing to work on that shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball