Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 12:44 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
He's knocked down five. Right now, his 3 pt shooting percentage is two percentage points higher than Dirk's was at the same age.
hes also averaging 3.1 attempts per game, where as dirk averaged 1.4 attempts per game.
22.7% is pretty terrible. has him ranked around 211th in terms of %, while being 80th in attempts. the lowest % in the league (with at least 1 make) is ranked 256th. (funny its derrick rose whos 1 of 13)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 03:14 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,561,362 times
Man, this really should be Kobe's last year. It's painful watching a legend perform like this. It is great to watch former players critique his play though.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:39 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
But they have a beautiful arena if that is any consolation.
LOL, they sure do!

Old 11-09-2015, 04:39 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Golden State, going for the Chicago Bulls record of most wins in an NBA season.

No one else is close.
They aren't close, either. LOL. They have a loooong way to go for the rest of the season.

I remember reading that Kerr recalled that Jordan was determined to break the season record mark for wins. Only a personality as strong as Jordan could issue that challenge and back it up with his play. I do not think such a person exists in the NBA today with that type of personality and determination.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:40 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
He's knocked down five. Right now, his 3 pt shooting percentage is two percentage points higher than Dirk's was at the same age.
The fact that you left out the 19 attempts and tried to soft sell it by hiding the % and referencing dirk tells me that you really know ur really shoveling some extra stinky bs.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
They aren't close, either. LOL. They have a loooong way to go for the rest of the season.

I remember reading that Kerr recalled that Jordan was determined to break the season record mark for wins. Only a personality as strong as Jordan could issue that challenge and back it up with his play. I do not think such a person exists in the NBA today with that type of personality and determination.
They started 6-0 then 21-2 and were even 37-7 last season and only hit 67 wins.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:51 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Minnesota gave back a 34 point lead tonight (Atl took a 1 point lead late in the 4th), before putting Atlanta away. What is more impressive: That the young Wolves built that lead in the first place, or that they ultimately held off the Hawks rally to win?

Old 11-09-2015, 11:49 PM

9,755 posts, read 7,468,918 times
I'd say Golden State hits about 65 wins when it's all said and done. In the days of back to back's, traveling from 1 coast to the other in 1 day, and a greater talent level this era then what Jordan saw in the 90's I don't think we'll EVER see a team win 70 games again, yet alone finish 72-10.

You'd have to think in the middle of February or March when Golden State is cruising along in the West Curry & Thompson get a couple days here & there, Green gets a day here & there, Curry, Green and Thompson all get a day here & there. Too much invested for Golden State to go all out for some "arbitrary" regular season number.

What would Warriors fans like more: seeing them finish the season 76-6, but then lose in the 2nd round to the Clippers/Spurs, etc because they were gassed chasing 72 wins the whole season OR them finishing 63-19 but winning the championship again because the coaches gave their players some days off during the regular season so they'd be fresh for the playoffs??

Old 11-10-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I'd say Golden State hits about 65 wins when it's all said and done. In the days of back to back's, traveling from 1 coast to the other in 1 day, and a greater talent level this era then what Jordan saw in the 90's I don't think we'll EVER see a team win 70 games again, yet alone finish 72-10.

You'd have to think in the middle of February or March when Golden State is cruising along in the West Curry & Thompson get a couple days here & there, Green gets a day here & there, Curry, Green and Thompson all get a day here & there. Too much invested for Golden State to go all out for some "arbitrary" regular season number.

What would Warriors fans like more: seeing them finish the season 76-6, but then lose in the 2nd round to the Clippers/Spurs, etc because they were gassed chasing 72 wins the whole season OR them finishing 63-19 but winning the championship again because the coaches gave their players some days off during the regular season so they'd be fresh for the playoffs??
Having watched almost every game of the 72-10 season you can see where the losses are likely to come just looking at the schedule and those are of course off back-2-backs and long road trips against tough teams.

Also, the odd night when your opposition just lights it up or you just can't catch a bounce\break. One of the Bulls 10 losses was Rex Chapman putting up 9-10 from 3-point range with Pippen and Jordan on him like a cheap suit. Guy just couldn't miss.

Frankly, I think the discussion should be if they can even tie the WCF record of 69 wins (Lakers) before we start putting them in the discussion of the 72.

4 teams (Lakers, Celts, 76ers, Bulls) have won 68 or more games in a season, Bulls have done it twice.

I agree, championship matter more but people started talking about GS winning 72 and frankly I just don't think they're *quite* that good. Remember, the 1996 Bulls has THREE guys on the all-nba defensive first team. Jordan scored 30.4ppg that year on 50% shooting....ouch.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:55 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post

I think 65 wins will be good enough to get them homecourt throughout the playoffs. Would they need it? I'm not sure they do because they're that good. I think GS and SA finishes #1 and #2 in the west and either of them would beat any team in the east since the east is so weak. I don't see the Clippers posing a serious challenge, I think they're just like Houston. They could take GS or SA to 5 or maybe 6 games in a series but that's about it.

I don't think the talent this era is better. I think the medical technology and efficiency in travel can keep guys fresher for the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Having watched almost every game of the 72-10 season you can see where the losses are likely to come just looking at the schedule and those are of course off back-2-backs and long road trips against tough teams.

Also, the odd night when your opposition just lights it up or you just can't catch a bounce\break. One of the Bulls 10 losses was Rex Chapman putting up 9-10 from 3-point range with Pippen and Jordan on him like a cheap suit. Guy just couldn't miss.

Frankly, I think the discussion should be if they can even tie the WCF record of 69 wins (Lakers) before we start putting them in the discussion of the 72.

4 teams (Lakers, Celts, 76ers, Bulls) have won 68 or more games in a season, Bulls have done it twice.

I agree, championship matter more but people started talking about GS winning 72 and frankly I just don't think they're *quite* that good. Remember, the 1996 Bulls has THREE guys on the all-nba defensive first team. Jordan scored 30.4ppg that year on 50% shooting....ouch.
I grew up in Chicago and that was an amazing team. A few bounces here and there and not taking it easy after their 70th win and they probably could've won 75 games.

It was weird because it seemed like when they played on the road, the fans went there to cheer for the Bulls! They just didn't beat teams, they would destroy teams.

They came close to sweeping the Knicks and swept the Magic (I don't think Horace Grant would've made much of a difference).

I also believe they "let" Seattle win 2 games in the finals so they could win at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball