U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 02:07 PM

28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times

Advertisements

Cleveland Cavaliers Fire Head Coach David Blatt [UPDATE: Tyronn Lue Named Coach]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 02:09 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Remember a couple days ago when they got blasted by GSW and I said something about those are the games that spark trades?

Well, they just traded the coach.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:26 PM

2,838 posts, read 1,777,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Remember a couple days ago when they got blasted by GSW and I said something about those are the games that spark trades?

Well, they just traded the coach.
This is in my opinion a complete over action. Not your post...I guess? You were close.

The problem is Lebron. When Lebron stuck with the blatt offense of ball movement. The offense works...when he decides to play SG and jack up 23 footers it fails.

I'm a little surprised

Old 01-22-2016, 02:29 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
How do you fire a coach when you're holding the #1 seed by a fairly comfortable margin, made the finals the season before and have a great shot to return.

Who ever said the cavs organization was well run was fooling themselves.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
How do you fire a coach when you're holding the #1 seed by a fairly comfortable margin, made the finals the season before and have a great shot to return.

Who ever said the cavs organization was well run was fooling themselves.
7th time a coach has been fired the season after reaching the finals. Remember one item Blatt was hired for a Cavs rebuild prior to Lebron coming

While I'm surprised. David Griffen has been great. Dan Gilbert continues to open his wallet.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
This is in my opinion a complete over action. Not your post...I guess? You were close.

The problem is Lebron. When Lebron stuck with the blatt offense of ball movement. The offense works...when he decides to play SG and jack up 23 footers it fails.

I'm a little surprised
Hell yes it's an over-reaction, I agree with you 100%.

I guess I should have included Blatt in the mix but the general gist was that the owner has a history of being *impatient* which is why that big loss lead me to post what I did about possible trades.

Blatts a good coach, he'll land somewhere as an assistant soon.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
7th time a coach has been fired the season after reaching the finals. Remember one item Blatt was hired for a Cavs rebuild prior to Lebron coming

While I'm surprised. David Griffen has been great. Dan Gilbert continues to open his wallet.
I don't remember who but somebody was crediting Gilbert for bringing Lebron back a while back and I pointed out that he had no clue because he'd hired Blatt and that's the kind of coach you hire to lead young players, not for a Lebron team.

Old 01-22-2016, 02:58 PM

25,820 posts, read 13,421,966 times
Seems a panicky move. I wonder if Lebron was, um...consulted about it first?

Old 01-22-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't remember who but somebody was crediting Gilbert for bringing Lebron back a while back and I pointed out that he had no clue because he'd hired Blatt and that's the kind of coach you hire to lead young players, not for a Lebron team.
Not a concern if you throw a ton of money like he did at a co-head Coach like Lue.

He obviously knew Lebron was coming back they had to mend things before he would consider it

Old 01-22-2016, 03:08 PM

28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times
LeBron James was 'not consulted' on Cavaliers firing of David Blatt
LeBron James was not consulted on the Cavaliers' decision to fire coach David Blatt, a league source told Cleveland.com.

"He found out with the rest of the team," said the source. "He had no idea." A source said Cavs general manager David Griffin informed James of the move.
Me reading into things... this can be true if the following occurred... LBJ came into the front office and demanded Blatt be fired. Did they consult him? No. The front office meets with the team and say Blatt's fired. Well... he did find out with the rest of the team about the firing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or