Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 04:54 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,482 times

Advertisements

Lebron is top 10 in my book............ but not top 5. That may change depending on how his career ends, but nobody from the past 18 years has shown that they surpass Kareem, Jordan, Magic, Wilt and Russell (not necessarily in that order).

I wish NBC kept the contract to broadcast the NBA, so I could pay even less attention to ESPN and their favoritism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 05:14 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,250,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But Kobe won 3 of those rings with Shaq and a bunch of other guys who already had NBA Finals experience...
What about his 2 rings? Other than him and Fisher, nobody on those rosters ever reached the Finals or had a deep run in the playoffs...

I can see the efficiency argument that places Lebron ahead of Kobe, but Kobe and the 08-10 Lakers don't get enough nearly enough credit for reaching the top of the competitive West 3 times in a row. Lakers and Spurs are the only teams with back-to-back WC championships since the 97-98 Jazz (and Warriors will probably be added to the list). There's a generation of players who never have or never will get the gold, because the West has been an absolute rat race for well over 15 years now.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:46 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,179 times
I'm not a Kobe fan, but he's top 10 (idk who you'd boot, but has to be somebody). Also, LeBron at #3? lol.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:55 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,179 times
I would even move Bird down a little. If you take the entire NBA history as a whole, he's not as stellar as some view him in the rose colored glasses of Celtic lore. I know I'll take some heat for that, since anything about Bird is usually sacrilege.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:04 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,151 times
LeBron ruined his chance by teaming up with other Hall of famers in they prime,Kobe won with Shaq through hardwork & discipline, Not running to Iverson & Webber because it was too hard to win lol

LeBron doing the same thing in Cleveland but i understand not everyone has that killer instinct.

From 08-10 ,Kobe had to take out the 07 Champion Spurs,the Iverson & Melo nuggets,The Billups & Melo Nuggets,The Big 3 in Boston, The Nash & Stoudemire Suns,I mean give the man his due as the best of this generation !

LeBron with D Wade & Bosh & Allen was literally like an All star team beating all those weak East teams,Only the Bulls have a chance but D rose hasn't been the same since he got injured.

But men lie when numbers dont,Kobe got 5 & those first 3 he was the go to guy even with Shaq when the game was on the line.The Western Conference was the real finals because Shaq went up against weak centers in the east ! Than Kobe won back to back and went to 3 straight finals without Shaq to prove his greatness again.Than the league took away Chris paul to stop his greatness again man lmao.Curry mysteriously is the one avenging Kobe lol.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:07 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,151 times
No way in hell Kobe deserved 1 Mvp in his whole career.

He was beasting in 01,03,06 undeniably the best,07 undeniably again the best,08 like a tossup,09 a tossup but he at least deserves 3 Mvps.The man did things not seen since Wilt !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2016, 10:34 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
LeBron ruined his chance by teaming up with other Hall of famers in they prime,Kobe won with Shaq through hardwork & discipline, Not running to Iverson & Webber because it was too hard to win lol

LeBron doing the same thing in Cleveland but i understand not everyone has that killer instinct.

From 08-10 ,Kobe had to take out the 07 Champion Spurs,the Iverson & Melo nuggets,The Billups & Melo Nuggets,The Big 3 in Boston, The Nash & Stoudemire Suns,I mean give the man his due as the best of this generation !

LeBron with D Wade & Bosh & Allen was literally like an All star team beating all those weak East teams,Only the Bulls have a chance but D rose hasn't been the same since he got injured.

But men lie when numbers dont,Kobe got 5 & those first 3 he was the go to guy even with Shaq when the game was on the line.The Western Conference was the real finals because Shaq went up against weak centers in the east ! Than Kobe won back to back and went to 3 straight finals without Shaq to prove his greatness again.Than the league took away Chris paul to stop his greatness again man lmao.Curry mysteriously is the one avenging Kobe lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
No way in hell Kobe deserved 1 Mvp in his whole career.

He was beasting in 01,03,06 undeniably the best,07 undeniably again the best,08 like a tossup,09 a tossup but he at least deserves 3 Mvps.The man did things not seen since Wilt !!!!!!!!!!!

Lmao!
Here we go, there it is.

That laker colored koolaid in full tilt right here.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:41 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
I'm not a Kobe fan, but he's top 10 (idk who you'd boot, but has to be somebody). Also, LeBron at #3? lol.

Duncan has to go. He's not better than anyone else on the list.

Lebron #3 on the list is insulting to at least 6 other players.

They did get Dirk over KG correctly.

Last edited by slo1318; 02-11-2016 at 01:04 AM..

Old 02-11-2016, 06:24 AM

653 posts, read 783,076 times
Yeah, LBJ seems too high on the list, but I'm sure ESPN is projecting out the rest of his career and what his stats will look like if he plays x amount of years more, combined with what he's already accomplished... I think by the time he is done he will merit his spot, but I'm not sure he's there yet. As for Shaq vs. Hakeem, it's a touch call, but I'd give it to Hakeem over Shaq. Not taking anything away from Shaq because he was truly dominant in his prime, but Hakeem was a more complete player and probably the only Superstar to win a Championship without a HOF sidekick when they beat the Knicks in '94. Just about every other Champion has had 2 HOF players except for that Rockets team.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:43 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Lmao!
Here we go, there it is.

That laker colored koolaid in full tilt right here.
My favorite part was near the end where you could see the Laker bandwagon pull up alongside the GSW bandwagon.....kinda like the end of the movie Speed where they unloaded all the passengers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball