Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 02:29 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
I'll come at this from a different angle than the others.

LeBron doesn't need help at all. Let me explain. If anything, there is too much talent on the Cavs roster. I mean, if you look at them on paper, you're almost like wtf.

What the Cavs need are team building and spirit building. Some nights when I watch the Cavs (the recent Raps game for example), the team is just going through the motions. You could take the early 90s Dream Team and if they just went through the motions and didn't have heart or hustle, they'd struggle. They lost to the college players in practice, remember that craziness?

All the metrics in the world and all the talent in the world aren't going to explain it away when the Cavs don't pull it off in the playoffs this year. They better find their hustle or drive. And the Raps game was yesterday.

And I'm not hating on the Cavs. So much potential on that team. But all I ask is watch them play. Don't pay attention to metrics or stats. Watch them. You'll see that "going through the motions" that I'm talking about.
Their defensive ranking seems to support your assertion by most measures they are just out of the top 10 while GS and the Spurs are both top 3 or so.

Keep in mind that Love and especially KI were not well regarded as defenders and on top of that KI has IMO not returned to full form yet (we'll see if he recovers completely).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 09:55 PM

133 posts, read 135,699 times
Lebron better ask Jesus if he is available to play during the playoffs.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:36 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,408,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I'd have to say the Sixers team that made it to the Finals was pretty dominant with Allen Iverson at the helm, even though they got killed by the Lakers. The 2011 Mavs were Dirk and a bunch of guys who played well with the Mavs, but not equally as well with any other team they've landed on since then.

Statistically, every winning team in the Finals has at least two guys that are number 1 & 2 on their team. I grew up in the Jordan and Pippen era, and Jordan wasn't Jordan without Pippen. Pippen proved that by taking the Bulls, without Jordan, to the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Exactly. Even Jordan wouldn't have been able to do it by himself. Look at how much LeBron had to do in last year's finals, and look at Iverson back when they played the Lakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball